Moon Editions

General art-related discussion.
smokeycat
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 am

I am having a similar issue happening currently. 45 days already passed. Coming from overseas I had thought being patient would be the best approach. I thought wrong. I contacted the artist and am hoping they can help although it was a commissioned piece and the artist doesn't control what the gallery selling it, do with it. The gallery first did not care to respond to my emails. After multiple tries they contacted me saying they were being sent to their spam folder (supposedly fixed) then miraculously found one and urged me to keep waiting. I waited, waited. And finally asked what the situation was, if it had not been sent out yet refund me please. They have stopped communicating with me which just got me upset. I let the artist know what was going on, as I would imagine they would care that people stealing people's money are fraudulently doing so by posting they have this artists work for sale. :roll:
The piece is still on the site for sale....the artist was unaware it was being sold and had thought it would be gifted in other purchases.
I was hoping it would not come the forums perhaps I was overlooked or just human error.
I am still hopeful the artist (who is trying to see what happened here) is able to get this corrected as I only wanted the art, not to get ripped off over $100
It is NOT moon. I have had no problems in the past with them, but haven't bought from them since early last year.
Sorry some good peeps on here have to deal with shenanigans like this. It sucks to have to chase art you've already paid for.
I hope not to have to name and shame. But feel the artist will reach the same impasse I did. Only time can tell as I have no Paypal claim.
Best of luck guys! No popcorn please. They will get their own thread if nothing else happens. :hanging:
ImageImageImage
endorian
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 am

Add me to the list of people having been screwed by these guys. Seems like it's a common strategy of theirs to email right before the 45 days with some excuse but promising the shipment is imminent in order to get you to hold off on canceling the order.

Shady as drymount.
noweyesee
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 am

Has anyone tried going over to their store front in San Francisco and asking what's up?
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 am

Something happened to them - their twitter and Instagram accounts used to be pretty active, but they have gone silent. Seems like Moon Editions is pretty much out of business - they just didn't take down their site or fulfill their open orders. What a bad way to go out. Sorry to everyone that got ripped off.
T.H.C.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:13 am

meskell wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:EB Members Robbed by Moon Editions
MastaMonk
KNEEL13
retter
HairyHood
fitz
stoffel
Aust449
jools
ForbinsAccent
Boundforbeer
T0Y
southerngarden
RottenAtom

Thanks for the chance! :pint:
Seem to recall you actually made out pretty good :D
:pint:
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:10 pm

MastaMonk
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 pm

EB Members Robbed by Moon Editions
MastaMonk
KNEEL13
retter
HairyHood
fitz
stoffel
Aust449
jools
ForbinsAccent
Boundforbeer
T0Y
southerngarden
RottenAtom
dasher12
endorian
yellymelly
Last edited by MastaMonk on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:21 pm

So even though we are outside the 45 day claim window, PayPal still allows you to put in the request.

I suggest that everyone on the list file a claim ASAP. I have a feeling that all these claims filing at once will cause Moon to be red flagged.
stoffel
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:41 pm

i apologize to anyone who fought a grizzly bear to make it to a computer. i appreciate the support.
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:58 pm

stoffel wrote:did anyone ever try to call them?
http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/2 ... ancisco-CA
Yes, they have one of the google numbers... Assholes.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 pm

MastaMonk wrote:So even though we are outside the 45 day claim window, PayPal still allows you to put in the request.

I suggest that everyone on the list file a claim ASAP. I have a feeling that all these claims filing at once will cause Moon to be red flagged.

I just filed a complaint with PayPal. I got this message:

We Have Registered Your Dispute
Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication.

But it does show an open case. So like you said, maybe if enough people file disputes PaPal will do something about them.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:30 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
MastaMonk wrote:So even though we are outside the 45 day claim window, PayPal still allows you to put in the request.

I just filed a complaint with PayPal. I got this message:

We Have Registered Your Dispute
Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication.

But it does show an open case. So like you said, maybe if enough people file disputes PaPal will do something about them.
gonna do the same...i did get an automated response back from someone named Kirsten Hanson that said she was going to be out of the country for like three months and it directed me to email someone named Brett. I emailed him, no response. Kirsten is now back from her vacation, at least according to the dates she gave in the automated response, so i emailed her once again....no response yet. going over to paypal now...but its waaaaay past the 45 days for me...guess im drymounted out of a shirt that i really liked...and i rarely, if ever, pay more than $30 for a t-shirt...so this really sucks.
hellosir
Art Freak

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:34 pm

^
Kristen left the company, info was posted last page
T0Y

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:02 pm

I did the Dispute thing on paypal too.

I was wondering if may be at some point we don't event want the product anymore, could we ask a chargeback? For now i just want the print, i don't care for the money. But i guess at some pioint i will grew tired of this fudge and will want to screw them.
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 pm

BoundForBeer wrote:
aust449 wrote:
HairyHood wrote:
meskell wrote:EB Members Robbed by Moon Editions
MastaMonk
KNEEL13
retter
HairyHood*
fitz
stoffel
Aust449*
jools
ForbinsAccent
Boundforbeer*
T0Y
southerngarden*

O.k., so no luck trying to trade down my shirt. So I have the rust colored shirt that I will give away to one of the above members. It's a size large that fits more like an XL. So if this size fits you,(or if it doesn't and you just want a nightie to sleep in) place an asterix next to your name and i will draw a name. I'll give it 'till the end of the week in case it takes some of the few longer see this.
Thanks, dude! You're the man!
Awesome, I ordered an L of each.
Thanks for the chance at maybe getting a shirt!
I'm in...HUGE thanks for the chance at the shirt...