Star Wars Art Thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:30 pm

clocascio wrote:
zombiejp wrote:
steelbooklover wrote:If anyone sees Star Wars today in IMAX at AMC please post some info about the free print their supposed to be giving away. If its actually a full sized print and not some crappy small thin paper poster I'll make the hour and a half drive to my closest IMAX
I'm curious to see this too! They're going to be doing a handful of these and there's bound to be a couple gems.
Just got back from the IMAX showing. They're small, 9.5x13 in. on glossy card stock. Not screened. They had tons.

I ended up missing out on the Disney Movie Rewarss poster. They were in stock as I entered my points and then... gone. Then I turned to the dark side...
Yeah, I saw a pic of the IMAX poster on Facebook. The fact they're 9.5 X 13 is such a bummer. I figured they wouldn't be screen printed, but I at least expected them to be a normal poster size. That being said, I'm still curious to see what the rest of them look like.
Gbanek
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:25 am

I got some extras of the first Imax Mumford if anyone wants to trade for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th down the line hmu :P Would love to have a full set.
alison03
Art Expert

Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:01 pm

rubberneck
Art God

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:11 pm

BB-8.jpg
Cute Matt Ferguson piece...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jwolfe3
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Thanks for posting ^^^ rubberneck. I did some digging around and saw the art on Matt Ferguson's FB page. My 3rd grade daughter has turned into a SW nut - we are bummed this one won't be for sale.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Yeah that's cool. My kids are loving bb-8. (Me, too. Back to sleep, R2!)
Packatrix
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:24 am

Thought I'd drop these two here as well:

and

SenseiMonkeyboy1
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:55 am

Just love this guys work!!!! :drool: Thanks for the heads up on this Steve.
Christopher Shy's latest Star Wars work.

thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:59 am

clocascio wrote:
I ended up missing out on the Disney Movie Rewarss poster. They were in stock as I entered my points and then... gone. Then I turned to the dark side...
AKA ebay?

Don't other one-sheets go for far less than $200? Is it because the movie is so popular?
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:03 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:
clocascio wrote:
AKA ebay?

Don't other one-sheets go for far less than $200? Is it because the movie is so popular?
I had a lot of trouble tracking down a Guardians of the Galaxy one-sheet as well. I feel like they just don't make one-sheets widely available for some reason. Had to pay like $60 for one on eBay and that wasn't even in mint condition.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 am

I got 1 of the Disney Movie Rewards posters, the one that was offered for free :/ with Rey and BB-8
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:16 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I got 1 of the Disney Movie Rewards posters, the one that was offered for free :/ with Rey and BB-8
I got that too! Came in the mail yesterday in fact. It was excited to see they used craft paper, but disappointed to see it was gorilla gripped.
Whovian54
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 pm

zombiejp wrote:
clocascio wrote:
AKA ebay?

I had a lot of trouble tracking down a Guardians of the Galaxy one-sheet as well. I feel like they just don't make one-sheets widely available for some reason. Had to pay like $60 for one on eBay and that wasn't even in mint condition.
I got my TFW poster from DMR in mint condition which is rare for that company. I also obtained 2 GOTG one sheets for $15 each around the time of release, great deals are to be had.
clocascio
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:49 pm

clocascio wrote:
AKA ebay?

The Dark Side, as in letting anger and rage take over. Haha. Haven't taken the plunge on eBay yet because I'm holding out hope I can still get one via another avenue, or that prices will drop with time, but we'll see.
zombiejp
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Whovian54 wrote:
zombiejp wrote:
clocascio wrote:
AKA ebay?

I got my TFW poster from DMR in mint condition which is rare for that company. I also obtained 2 GOTG one sheets for $15 each around the time of release, great deals are to be had.
Damn. That is a deal. Can I ask where you found them? I can't seem to find any good one-sheet sellers outside of eBay.