Which TStout Triptych Should I Frame Up?

General art-related discussion.
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Same people begging for them are same ones flipping them.
pewter14 wrote:
tj wrote:Oops -- meant to say one more thing. So, as a result of this thread, I've been getting a some PM's asking if I'd sell any of my pieces (not unexpected -- I love Tyler's stuff). Now, not that unsolicited sales queries are offensive, but I should let you guys know that I probably won't respond to a query that's simply "will you sell this?" I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that if I wanted to sell anything, I'd list it in my trades and probably on ebay or on here. I've noticed that all the guys doing this are a little new, so I'll just say (in as non-ahole-way-as-possible) that if you're ever going to make an unsolicited sale request to anyone on here, you've gotta make an offer, not a query as to whether it's for sale or not. Otherwise, it looks like you're trying to haggle or get a deal or trade a bunch of PM's which may not be the level of interaction the owner of the piece is looking for. You never know unless you try, I get that -- but just asking if it's for sale isn't "trying" it's putting the "trying" back on the owner and they don't need to "try" b/c if they did, they'd have it in their trades or be selling it. Dig?
The Stout Vultures are out in full force, and they are relentless. The will push their gramndmothers down a flight of strairs, sleep with their best friend's girl, and tell every sob story needed to get their fix.
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Collection looks great. It's always hard to figure framing out. Its expensive and needs to be done right. I wonder if there is a place to take a framing class?
tj
Art Expert

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Just as a follow up.

Thanks for the great advice, guys. I'm glad that I talked to you guys first and that we thought about it a little more. Here are some pics of the final product. I'd show some more walls with prints, but they're not hung yet. Anyone that's had to hang a bunch of crap can tell you it takes forever. I'll post more later.

churdiales
Art Expert

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 pm

so, I guess my Martha Stewart advice went well? It looks awesome, congrats... the furniture kicks ass... nice pad.
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

Resurrection time! Anymore stuff up on the walls yet?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 pm

pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:36 pm

trade me one of your Lebowskiiiiiiiss
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:05 am

I remember seeing that framed Thing pic when I joined and liking the print even more. Seeing it work so well with other stuff, when hung in a decorative way, sealed the deal for me.
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:39 am

Wait, there's prints in that picture?

tj wrote:Just as a follow up.

Thanks for the great advice, guys. I'm glad that I talked to you guys first and that we thought about it a little more. Here are some pics of the final product. I'd show some more walls with prints, but they're not hung yet. Anyone that's had to hang a bunch of crap can tell you it takes forever. I'll post more later.

SirYesSir
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 am

Damn she is hot! :drool: .... How does a poster nerd get a hot girl?? That dudes got it all, hot girl and "The Thing"