Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Jah
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: London,United Kingdom

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:01 am

Mondo has Hoarfrost in jigsaw puzzle format still available, really looking forward to these shipping next month.
With Hoarfrost being such a rare and expensive print, nice easy chance to see it up close.
T.H.C 5
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4461
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:36 pm

Jah wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:01 am
Mondo has Hoarfrost in jigsaw puzzle format still available, really looking forward to these shipping next month.
With Hoarfrost being such a rare and expensive print, nice easy chance to see it up close.
im also really looking forward to finally having a Hoarfrost image.
a relative gave me a puzzle of an image of red lobsters on a bed of yellow corn as a gift. it was impossible, we never did complete it and it was insanely frustrating!
I may give one of these to her as revenge!

I can't believe im looking forward to a jigsaw puzzle???
User avatar
Xander
Art Expert
Posts: 3697
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:39 pm

bootstrut wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:32 am
I miss all the Horkey fan circle jerking from EB's golden days. Good times.
I miss that too.

The hype around even a small gig poster release, PBing antics, teasing of big acquisitions, one-upping, pre-flipping, panic buying stuff you'll never display for THC, crazy ISO offers for Nestings, etc.

Used to be you'd get banned for posting any pic of the dude, now it's literally his IG avatar.

Good times.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8468
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:54 am

its what happens when you barely release anything and mostly just post amazing sketchbook pages.

i feel like if he kept releasing movie prints his art print work would have more attention on it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4614
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Movie posters require license fees and approvals. It's probably easier and more lucrative to self publish art prints. That said, it looks like he's been working on some kind of reptilian piece. It could be a JP or something.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
agr719
Art Expert
Posts: 2029
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:26 pm

It looks like a Spinosaurus, so people have definitely been speculating JP3-related (to go with Inclusion).
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8468
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:31 pm
Movie posters require license fees and approvals. It's probably easier and more lucrative to self publish art prints. That said, it looks like he's been working on some kind of reptilian piece. It could be a JP or something.
yeah. definitely get how the licensed print game works.

while everyone is constantly cloying for stout to do posters, i'm still waiting over here for aaron to do a poster for Se7en teased many many years ago.

he's already done 2 jp pieces, i'd be surprised if there was a 3rd one.

if im a betting man we'll get a lighthouse poster with a seagull on it.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4614
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pm
KSUvet wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:31 pm
Movie posters require license fees and approvals. It's probably easier and more lucrative to self publish art prints. That said, it looks like he's been working on some kind of reptilian piece. It could be a JP or something.
yeah. definitely get how the licensed print game works.

while everyone is constantly cloying for stout to do posters, i'm still waiting over here for aaron to do a poster for Se7en teased many many years ago.

he's already done 2 jp pieces, i'd be surprised if there was a 3rd one.

if im a betting man we'll get a lighthouse poster with a seagull on it.
Yeah I forgot about that MONDO/VACVVM/A24 announcement, so it could be something like that.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10556
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:49 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pm
if im a betting man we'll get a lighthouse poster with a dead seagull on it.
FTFY
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 10556
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 pm

also excited to see some Mondo/VACVVM/A24
Post Reply