Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:31 pm

jools wrote:what was in the sticker set out of curiosity, my ebay keeps telling me i'm looking for hockey sticks :?
These (although this is my photo not from the auction)

IMG_0715 by lastheathen, on Flickr
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
jools
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:37 pm

thanks GH - they are an awesome set to be sure
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Great frame job greenhorn. I bet that mat was a bitch to cut.
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
southerngarden wrote:ok, so who's going for that sticker set on ebay? and how high are you gonna go...should i just bow out now? i mean, i want em, badly but i can see the price going way way up....
You probably just decreased your chances of getting them by posting here.
i really doubt it dude, my post is not the reason the stickers went for what they did, maybe it brought them to the attention of a few more of you guys but the big guns were all over that one as soon as it popped up....i know that for a fact, as one of them flat out told me to bow out...and he was right, as usual. way outta my range for stickers. :notworthy:
Vedderman23 wrote:Speaking of auctions, I've been waiting for someone to posts pics of the RVCA buckle they sniped me on with 3 seconds left. :evil: :lol:
i wanted that buckle too and i was in on it in the last few seconds with ya, but it wasnt me who sniped you, someone sniped us both...ill be after the next one for sure though. if i do ever land that buckle, ill rock it all the time...i'm allover the next one that pops up...and if anyone aint rockin theirs and wants it to go to a good home, PM me, lets trade or make a deal! :wink:
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:49 pm

brndfrmd wrote:Great frame job greenhorn. I bet that mat was a bitch to cut.

haha it would have been, and although I did cut one with 9 openings that was just as hard, that is one of those clear frames with the stickers just sandwiched between 2 pieces of glass.
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Looks so nice, but why did they decide to move the Santa Cruz logo to the middle in the last one? It would drive me so nuts that I'd probably just leave that one off.
burritos > Life
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 pm

murdock wrote:Back to rumors and news...

BEYOND EDEN
A multi-gallery event celebrating the New Contemporary art movement

LA Municipal Art Gallery at Barnsdall Park
4800 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90027
http://www.beyondedenart.com

The fourth edition of Beyond Eden will once again be hosted by the Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery at Barnsdall Park this coming October. Beyond Eden is a multi-gallery event celebrating the New Contemporary art movement in Los Angeles put together by Andrew Hosner (co-owner / curator at Thinkspace) and made possible by the City Of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs. The public is invited to attend this special event and admission is free and open to all.

‘Wild At Heart II’ / In support of Born Free USA -
curated by Andrew Hosner & Amanda Erlanson:
Aaron Horkey
Allison Sommers
Amy Sol
Ana Bagayan
Andrew Hem
Anthony Hurd
Aron Wiesenfeld
Ariel DeAndrea
Ben Strawn
Brian Mashburn
Brian M. Viveros
C215
Camilla d’Errico
Craig ‘Skibs’ Barker
Curiot
Dan Quintana
Diana Beltran Herrera
Edwin Ushiro
Ekundayo
Erik Jones
Esao Andrews
Faith 47
Frank Gonzales
Glenn Arthur
Jolene Lai
Karla Ortiz
Kelly Vivanco
Kevin Peterson
KuKula
Laura Bifano
Low Bros
Marco Mazzoni
Mary Iverson
Mimi S.
Mu Pan
NoseGo
Regan Rosburg
Sayaka Ganz
Sean Cho
Shark Toof
Soey Milk
Tessar Lo
Timothy Karpinski
Van Arno
Word To Mother
Yosuke Ueno
So what are we thinking here? print release? original? show only print? shall i get my LA cousins ready to get their asses in line?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:53 pm

ConstantStruggle wrote:
Looks so nice, but why did they decide to move the Santa Cruz logo to the middle in the last one? It would drive me so nuts that I'd probably just leave that one off.
good point...or i woulda re-sold that single one to re-coup some of my losses in acquiring the whole set! :o
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:10 pm

southerngarden wrote:
So what are we thinking here? print release? original? show only print? shall i get my LA cousins ready to get their asses in line?
If I remember correctly in Landlocked it mentioned a drawing for a benefit show in October so I'm guessing an OG graphite piece.
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:15 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:

haha it would have been, and although I did cut one with 9 openings that was just as hard, that is one of those clear frames with the stickers just sandwiched between 2 pieces of glass.
Thats even better. I was wondering how you got the mat to match the wall so perfectly.
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:20 pm

southerngarden wrote:
Vedderman23 wrote:Speaking of auctions, I've been waiting for someone to posts pics of the RVCA buckle they sniped me on with 3 seconds left. :evil: :lol:
i wanted that buckle too and i was in on it in the last few seconds with ya, but it wasnt me who sniped you, someone sniped us both...ill be after the next one for sure though. if i do ever land that buckle, ill rock it all the time...i'm allover the next one that pops up...and if anyone aint rockin theirs and wants it to go to a good home, PM me, lets trade or make a deal! :wink:
Yeah, I'm just curious about it. The seller said it was a different color metal than the one simian just posted pics of. Prototype maybe? We'll see...
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Vedderman23 wrote:
Yeah, I'm just curious about it. The seller said it was a different color metal than the one simian just posted pics of. Prototype maybe? We'll see...
There's at least 3 different colors of that buckle. Someone here (thirdeye maybe?) posted a pic at one time.
joshua
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:24 pm

question for those that buy horkey shirts, specifically those posting them in their thc pictures. do you all actually wear them or just collect them?
ImageImage
ISO...
evilpresence
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:27 pm

I have one shirt and I wear it. I have one of the Horkey belt buckles and wore it a few weeks and it was uncomfortable. I have about 20 Jeep belt buckles and rotate out three of them frequently.
Last edited by evilpresence on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davemfan
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 pm

joshua wrote:question for those that buy horkey shirts, specifically those posting them in their thc pictures. do you all actually wear them or just collect them?
i wear mine. i think i have 7 in rotation. i look at it like, it's a shirt it's made to be worn. plus i like wearing shirts with Horkey's art on it and no one else (around my area) has.
Last edited by davemfan on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage