Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:04 pm

mfaith wrote:
AlanCampbell wrote:Thinkspace posted some photos of the mural and i suggested they try to organise another wall collab before the LA show, which they replied quickly that this was in the works already if they can get the schedules to work and also pulling in joao ruas into the mix
:shock:
May need to head out a day earlier then.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 pm

bk wrote:creativity and collective consciousness is always pretty interesting.... just last night I finally figured out a concept for a gig poster... am stoked, happy and can finally get to work... then today do my normal "read the morning paper" internetting and see this mural stuff... and oddly enough, the concept i came up with is a seascape scene with an above water, below water scene with a fish diving below the surface and two small tiny boats above,... it's an entirely different image and piece (obviously given aaron and esao's crazy talent), but has an overall similar compositional aspect...

it's just one of those moments when you realize how weird and interesting the world is... it's like a scene from the movie waking life, the scene with ethan hawke where he talks about how there was a study where they gave people a new crossword puzzle and a day old crossword puzzle and the people did better on the day old puzzle.. and ethan hawke says it's like that once the answers to something have been put out there and people have already solved the questions, other people are then able to somehow access them easier then say the answers to the new crossword puzzle that no one has answered yet....

like when the same ideas seem to randomly happen at the same time on opposite ends of the world... breakthroughs in science or whatever... it's a trip... but it's a bummer too when you think you got something cool you came up with then the next day to see people doing sort of the same thing well before you even had the idea and the people doing it are giant monsters!
:ziggi:
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:49 pm

It's a meditative technique called 'unclenching one's butthole' and it allows the flow of...oh, man. Not again.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Congrats to those who picked up on the Vacvvm drop. Missed out, myself :evil:
ctankep
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:37 pm

There's still some left? Just carted a reg just curiously, and it brought me to paypal. dropping it now so a true fan can snag it!
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Surprised there haven't been any mural updates today, interested to see what progress has been made.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:28 am

All credit for the photos goes to timc. Thanks for the great pics!
So it goes...
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:30 am

Uh, wow.

I feel inadequate in life after seeing that :shock:
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:47 am

Did Horkey delete his Twitter account? Someone was asking me what his twitter ID was because they couldn't find it via the onsite search. So I looked at my "following" page as a last resort, and sure enough he was gone.

I could just be crazy and be confusing his Instagram with a twitter page, but I could have sworn he had both.
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:49 am

He never had a Twitter account. The one that was started a couple of months ago was not him.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:55 am

Yeah, confirmed fake.
So it goes...
Thalass
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:55 am

jjbehren wrote:He never had a Twitter account. The one that was started a couple of months ago was not him.
Good to know. I remember that one and didn't subscribe to it. I must have confused his IG with an imaginary Twitter page. Thanks.
Thebialy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:57 am

AlanCampbell wrote:Thinkspace posted some photos of the mural and i suggested they try to organise another wall collab before the LA show, which they replied quickly that this was in the works already if they can get the schedules to work and also pulling in joao ruas into the mix
::fist pump::
jools
Art Expert

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:57 am

Thalass wrote:
jjbehren wrote:He never had a Twitter account. The one that was started a couple of months ago was not him.
Good to know. I remember that one and didn't subscribe to it. I must have confused his IG with an imaginary Twitter page. Thanks.
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:40 pm

This needs to be posted here because it's awesome: