Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:50 am

That sucks but there's no way USPS is going to pay that insurance claim.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
omyweenis
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:03 am

Real life nightmare. If it happened today, I'd try chasing the mailman down and if I couldn't find him go to post office and try figure something out. I'd go crazy. Sorry bout loss. :cry:
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 am

mattlew69 wrote:You mean to tell me that they shipped a pvc tube with out tape on the ends of the end caps?

I would blame the seller and its the sellers loss. He refunds you the money because the item never arrived.

But then again, your wife signed for it so their might be nothing you can do. She did not notice that it was empty? Plus the mail person should have pointed it out or asked why you were shipping empty PVC tubes when most major cities have a Home Depot? This should have been caught/noticed at many different points during the delivery and receival process.

I would hate to think that a fellow Horkey collector would not know how to ship a couple prints properly. I would also like to know who this is. (Send it in a PM.)
From the facebook post it was taped and it looks to have been cut along the way.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 am

Like I said, sent from a guy I trust very much. Wasn't sent out like this.
ImageImage
NEWPORTS69
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:19 am

we all should keep eye on ebay, anyone that desperate would list them sooner than later
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:21 am

NEWPORTS69 wrote:we all should keep eye on ebay, anyone that desperate would list them sooner than later
First place I checked :(
ImageImage
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:25 am

who's the seller?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:29 am

profbobo wrote:
NEWPORTS69 wrote:we all should keep eye on ebay, anyone that desperate would list them sooner than later
Well, i think it's more likely, if some random did jack it, they have no idea what they have and will need a few days to figure out what to do with it. So, i'd definitely keep an eye on some custom searches just in case.
So it goes...
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:52 am

mfaith wrote:
profbobo wrote:
Well, i think it's more likely, if some random did jack it, they have no idea what they have and will need a few days to figure out what to do with it. So, i'd definitely keep an eye on some custom searches just in case.
I disagree. Nobody thinks to steal posters unless they know some posters are $$$. Which means they know where to look. Maybe they're reading this right now...
Thronk
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
mfaith wrote:
profbobo wrote:
I disagree. Nobody thinks to steal posters unless they know some posters are $$$. Which means they know where to look. Maybe they're reading this right now...
Well, anything shipped in PVC would likely be valuable.
Thronk
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:53 pm

profbobo wrote:So. Tube shows up like this today. TWBB #334 and Delort Inception variant #92 if anyone ever runs across them. I'm absolutely heartbroken. Insured. Wife signed for it and didn't inspect it. The delivery guy even made a joke with her about if it's a tube, it's going to our house. Hope this works out, but I'm nervous because she signed. Ugh.
If the postman commented on it being open perhaps that's proof enough to justify your claim, if you can get him to confirm it.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:54 pm

So this is weird. Got back from post office and the lady there goes "oh yeah, I remember that coming in like that." She went in the back and multiple employees agreed that it arrived at the PO without a cap. They apparently have to deliver everything regardless, but said we probably shouldn't have signed for it. Regardless, I got her name so hopefully that helps my case.
ImageImage
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:58 pm

profbobo wrote:So this is weird. Got back from post office and the lady there goes "oh yeah, I remember that coming in like that." She went in the back and multiple employees agreed that it arrived at the PO without a cap. They apparently have to deliver everything regardless, but said we probably shouldn't have signed for it. Regardless, I got her name so hopefully that helps my case.
Best of luck on all of that. Hope it all works out.
So it goes...
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Geez, sorry to hear it. I hope a statement from the employee can help.
Cragars
Art Expert

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:57 am

Diabolos80 wrote:
Many times people don't have the time to steal even if they're the rare worker that thinks to do it. If I were a thief, tubes would be the dead last thing I'd cut into and anybody that's worked for a carrier would probably say the same. What's more likely is something heavy was tossed on top of the tube at the right angle and the cap was ripped off. That or the rough edge of the cut PVC achieved the same effect. At that point you'll end up with what appears to be a flattened piece of kraft paper, which would be thrown away. If you're lucky, someone found the contents and they were documented by a worker in repackage.