Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
bmd1191
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:18 am

Mogwai is great. I want to track one down myself, but I normally don't buy gig posters. This would be in my top 3 favorite pieces by Aaron if I could just remove the giant red mogwai. As an art print this thing would kill. It's a beautiful image. Congrats mfaith!
wapalms
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:15 am

Nice score on the Mogwai, a most splendid print.
Image Image X2
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:26 am

wapalms wrote:Nice score on the Mogwai, a most splendid print.
Am I the only one that thinks of this owl when the New Horizons pictures of Pluto pop up?
150713-Pluto-last-before-flyby.jpg
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:34 pm

bmd1191 wrote:This would be in my top 3 favorite pieces by Aaron if I could just remove the giant red mogwai. As an art print this thing would kill. It's a beautiful image. Congrats mfaith!
Agree 100% with this. I don't collect gig prints, which unfortunately, forces me to miss a huge portion of some of Aaron's amazing early "bird" prints. I would love to see some of my favorites (like this Mogwai and the Andrew Bird) turned into letterpress prints, which are some of my favorite pieces Aaron has.
THC x 3
clocascio
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:08 am

HappaHaoli wrote:
wapalms wrote:Nice score on the Mogwai, a most splendid print.
Am I the only one that thinks of this owl when the New Horizons pictures of Pluto pop up?
150713-Pluto-last-before-flyby.jpg
Yup, thought the same thing! :)

Especially here: Image
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:28 am

NASA spills not naught but lies. That 'hi-res' image is a Horkey drawing. They only utilize top talent for their schemes.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:35 am

I'm actually kinda surprised at how few pics we've seen of Hork sketches...
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 am

UrsusMorris wrote:I'm actually kinda surprised at how few pics we've seen of Hork sketches...
Only 3 or so were completed by the end of the con. I've only seen one. Entirely possible that the other two arent big eb users
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
geezer
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:48 am

jmagee87 wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:I'm actually kinda surprised at how few pics we've seen of Hork sketches...
Only 3 or so were completed by the end of the con. I've only seen one. Entirely possible that the other two arent big eb users
Where might one see that sketch?
tenaciousjack
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:49 am

so which one of you bought the WBG test print for $1K? That thing was available for most of Saturday...
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 am

geezer wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
Oh. So they just mail the rest then? I figured they'd be done by the end of the day Sunday. Then again, i don't knoe how big they were, nor how quickly Aaron can knock one out, so that would make sense.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:10 am

geezer wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
horkey's instagram. it's the barn owl he posted
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:11 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
geezer wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
Oh. So they just mail the rest then? I figured they'd be done by the end of the day Sunday. Then again, i don't knoe how big they were, nor how quickly Aaron can knock one out, so that would make sense.
Yeah. They'll be mailed. He was sketching, then inking them. It was taking him quite a while. So he's gonna finish them up at home and ship them
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:11 am

Got it.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:43 am

Saw this this morning. Made me think of Aaron's art: http://www.techinsider.io/floating-city ... ray-2015-9