Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Totally new to this kind of presale, so sorry if I'm being obtuse... the gallery would "open" to sell prints earlier than the actual opening of the show? Would they drape the originals in the gallery or something? I guess you wouldn't really have time to stop and look at pieces much... I appreciate potentially streamlining the purchase process, but I'm perplexed at the logistics.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:44 pm

jimmysleftbrain wrote:Totally new to this kind of presale, so sorry if I'm being obtuse... the gallery would "open" to sell prints earlier than the actual opening of the show? Would they drape the originals in the gallery or something? I guess you wouldn't really have time to stop and look at pieces much... I appreciate potentially streamlining the purchase process, but I'm perplexed at the logistics.
There was a show a few months back where they sold the prints for the show in the morning then had the opening later that day.

They had everything on display.

Don't know what they would do for this show. I think they really want everyone to come and enjoy the show. Their main concern is people lining up. The businesses around are a bit sensitive to that sort of thing.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:02 pm

jimmysleftbrain wrote:Totally new to this kind of presale, so sorry if I'm being obtuse... the gallery would "open" to sell prints earlier than the actual opening of the show? Would they drape the originals in the gallery or something? I guess you wouldn't really have time to stop and look at pieces much... I appreciate potentially streamlining the purchase process, but I'm perplexed at the logistics.
Thinkspace usually sends out a preview of the show before opening, so the originals probably won't be a secret. Most of their clientele doesn't overlap with the Mondo crowd, and I don't think they'd appreciate a huge lineup at the opening.
T.H.C.
egrimens
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:31 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
Thinkspace usually sends out a preview of the show before opening, so the originals probably won't be a secret. Most of their clientele doesn't overlap with the Mondo crowd, and I don't think they'd appreciate a huge lineup at the opening.
To be fair I think everyone would prefer no lines at every opening at every gallery... but if you are gonna have a show with big artists you have to expect a big crowd.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:38 am

egrimens wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
To be fair I think everyone would prefer no lines at every opening at every gallery... but if you are gonna have a show with big artists you have to expect a big crowd.
Exactly. Big artists plus limited editions is going to equal lines, I don't see a way around it.
THC x 3
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:35 pm

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:10 am

Found this today out in the wild. A TWBB signed by PTA himself!

fredo
Art God

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:31 am

Mighta wantedta turn your hips a bit more to the right in that first shot.
just a foil for me today, thanks
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:59 am

fredo wrote:Mighta wantedta turn your hips a bit more to the right in that first shot.
huh? There was bookshelf in the way. Thats what it was resting on.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:43 pm

What exactly do you mean by "out in the wild"?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:What exactly do you mean by "out in the wild"?
I mean it was roaming the woods with a spear and dagger hunting wild game

I just saw it not at a poster collectors house. It was at a production company I was working for where they didn't have other posters around.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 pm

35mmpaul wrote:

I just saw it not at a poster collectors house. It was at a production company I was working for where they didn't have other posters around.
Ah cool, was curious. I've always wanted to spot a movie poster I recognize out in the wild. I've seen D*face and Obey and other stuff at shops, restaurants, etc, but not a Mondo poster or really any movie poster except for one sheets and the like.
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Should've captured it. USE SLEEP POWDER.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:
Should've captured it. USE SLEEP POWDER.
Nah brah. I got 99x master balls due to meeting up with Missingno a few weeks back.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:37 am

Crappy iPhone pictures. This thing is unbelievable. I asked the seller, but he wasn't sure ... any validity to the rumor that Aaron mixed his blood with the red ink? Seems like a very KISS thing to do, haha.
ImageImage