Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:38 pm

FYI if anyone is going to get one in Vancouver tonight its $100 CAD. Bring your loonies and twoonies.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 am

wottagunn wrote:
piper27 wrote:I dig the lettering. Wish he would do more of the old school illedgible graffiti stuff. The lettering in that Lana Del Ray sketch book is where it's at IMO
see, I think the opposite. To me, the lettering here (and image as a whole) is just way too busy. Looks messy as drymount to me. I can appreciate the talent, but composition has to come in to it somewhere.
I miss stuff like this, and is the reason why I haven't purchased his work in some years.

Try it out
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:47 pm

KSUvet wrote:I wish I knew if there was a number of copies per show limit. Did they let people buy multiples of the owl at Converge Minn? I seem to remember a lot of people coming away empty on that one.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Honestly can't remember if it was 1 per or multiple @ the Triple Rock. I rolled with a few friends, so I just gave them cash to grab an extra. Pretty sure everyone that made it walked with a few copies if they wanted a few copies.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
gordo55
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:57 pm

As I recall from the thread at the time - they had very few for sale at the Triple Rock show. I think many people walked away disappointed, as a result. Or am I thinking about another show with one of Aaron's posters?
THC
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:10 pm

gordo55 wrote:As I recall from the thread at the time - they had very few for sale at the Triple Rock show. I think many people walked away disappointed, as a result. Or am I thinking about another show with one of Aaron's posters?
That wasn't the Converge Triple Rock show. Pretty sure that was the Graveyard show? I remember people were freezing balls waiting in line and then there were very few available from merch? Can't be sure but I know it wasn't Converge because I didn't show up until late and they still had plenty @ merch.
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
gordo55
Art Expert

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:18 pm

comountaingolf wrote: That wasn't the Converge Triple Rock show. Pretty sure that was the Graveyard show? I remember people were freezing balls waiting in line and then there were very few available from merch? Can't be sure but I know it wasn't Converge because I didn't show up until late and they still had plenty @ merch.
Absolutely right! My bad...gettin' old sux!
THC
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

gordo55 wrote:
comountaingolf wrote: That wasn't the Converge Triple Rock show. Pretty sure that was the Graveyard show? I remember people were freezing balls waiting in line and then there were very few available from merch? Can't be sure but I know it wasn't Converge because I didn't show up until late and they still had plenty @ merch.
Absolutely right! My bad...gettin' old sux!
Yep, struck out at the Graveyard show, not many copies, sold out before I got in the door.
ryktjoszef
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm

was able to get back In line for Converge owl print at the Triplerock. Pretty chaotic if I remember right
theperfecttree
EB Team

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 pm

looks like some older Horkey's are available on Lonestarposters.com. Not much info on condition. I haven't bought from them since they resurrected a few years ago but they have been responsive to questions I've had. fwiw

Andrew Bird '03 $750
The Locust '04 $200
Converge '04 $200
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 pm

$200 for that Converge is a steal.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Kramerica wrote:$200 for that Converge is a steal.
I doubt it's in stock, i just checked out and it still shows as available, I'm sure I'm not the first person either. If it shows up I'll be pretty happy.
8=====D~~~~
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Luls. Maybe he's stacking some interest free loans on the hork.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 am

KSUvet wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

:cheers:
Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
Anyone make it out to one of the shows yet? I'm considering hitting the show tomorrow, but will prolly pass if the poster is gone. Already seen Converge before so it ain't like it would be a first.