Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:37 am

35mmpaul wrote:yeah you could legit frame it. Canvas would look nice for that.
I agree it would be a nice look, but what about the creases where it was folded for shipping?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am

You could iron it out.

The metallic ink looks nice on the other bags.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:42 am

Ironing was my first thought, too, but how would that affect the metallic inks? Sorry for :deadhorse: but it's an interesting idea so I'm just "ironing" out the details.
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:44 am

Diabolos80 wrote:Ironing was my first thought, too, but how would that affect the metallic inks? Sorry for :deadhorse: but it's an interesting idea so I'm just "ironing" out the details.
Iron the back side of the tote and it should be fine.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Weaksauce wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:
Weaksauce wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:If anyone is looking for a quick flip I was hoping to get that horkey crow/books image as a tote to frame for my gf for xmas. was refreshing all day and stepped out to come back to see it actually went up as a print and is sold out now.

PM a cash price.
I could be wrong, but I believe the Bury Me Beneath Books tote is still available, so you can still do that instead.

Well fudge, I don't know what was up with the site earlier when I was looking, but it didn't show any totes available. I figured they had just switched it to a print. The intention all along was to frame the canvas tote, heck its' cheaper than the print and cheaper without glass.

Thanks for the heads up with that link, just bought it.
Yeah, it strangely was left off of the main page and you had to navigate through the menu to see it I think. I'm glad you were able to get it though.
Thanks for the heads up on the tote - just picked one up!
southerngarden
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:38 pm

since my chances of actually landing the print seem so slim, i went ahead and grabbed a tote as well. Horkey art on both sides, guess you can't really go to wrong with that.

I really wish that Bloodmilk would of just printed like 500 of these things instead of only the 100. I mean, she had to know they would all sell, why not make a lot of fans happy, spread her sweet image around more, and make a bunch of extra christmas money to spend?

think we can hope for a VACVVM release? or am i just dreaming now?
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:40 pm

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:41 pm

You've been in the game long enough to know the deal with limited editions. I think you'll be ok.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:47 pm

actual-lol at that gif, Paul.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Meanwhile, there are 500 copies of that print for the witch.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 pm

But, see, you guys are looking at it purely from the perspective of a print collector. This "Chapter 2" release wasn't all about being a print release. The two prints that were a part of it were intended to accompany the stuff that was meant to be the real focus: the fragrances, the candles, etc. If you bump the edition size up real high, then suddenly it becomes more about the print than everything else. They're not trying to be print publishers. The prints were there to celebrate the new line and serve as a bonus for folks who were really into it and in there first. It makes sense.
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:12 pm

comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:35 pm

mfaith wrote:But, see, you guys are looking at it purely from the perspective of a print collector. This "Chapter 2" release wasn't all about being a print release. The two prints that were a part of it were intended to accompany the stuff that was meant to be the real focus: the fragrances, the candles, etc. If you bump the edition size up real high, then suddenly it becomes more about the print than everything else. They're not trying to be print publishers. The prints were there to celebrate the new line and serve as a bonus for folks who were really into it and in there first. It makes sense.
Let's just agree to disagree on that perspective :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:58 am

comountaingolf wrote:
mfaith wrote:But, see, you guys are looking at it purely from the perspective of a print collector. This "Chapter 2" release wasn't all about being a print release. The two prints that were a part of it were intended to accompany the stuff that was meant to be the real focus: the fragrances, the candles, etc. If you bump the edition size up real high, then suddenly it becomes more about the print than everything else. They're not trying to be print publishers. The prints were there to celebrate the new line and serve as a bonus for folks who were really into it and in there first. It makes sense.
i understand both perspectives and i still think she should of just printed more of these. as far as being in there for her other items, I already own two of her candles...to be honest they really don't smell that great. she's trying to recreate a musky dirty smell of a dungeon or something...if thats your thing, than i can't recommend the candles enough. but my point is, being Aarons girlfriend, she knows she's has a good thing going, if she wants to attract more people to her other items, then more Horkey is the way to do it. plus making money by selling art really isn't that bad a living...more prints means more money to make more candles and incense....

But yeah, yall are right, i get the limited edition thing, obviously. just enjoyed this image, first new Horkey in a while too...to me its a heck of a lot better than a massive goat with a bunch of random hands running through its hair...
noweyesee
Art Expert

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:36 am

southerngarden wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
i understand both perspectives and i still think she should of just printed more of these. as far as being in there for her other items, I already own two of her candles...to be honest they really don't smell that great. she's trying to recreate a musky dirty smell of a dungeon or something...if thats your thing, than i can't recommend the candles enough. but my point is, being Aarons girlfriend, she knows she's has a good thing going, if she wants to attract more people to her other items, then more Horkey is the way to do it. plus making money by selling art really isn't that bad a living...more prints means more money to make more candles and incense....

But yeah, yall are right, i get the limited edition thing, obviously. just enjoyed this image, first new Horkey in a while too...to me its a heck of a lot better than a massive goat with a bunch of random hands running through its hair...
I don't really wish to start anything here, but how can you trash bloodmilk's brand and Aaron's latest work, yet still feel deserving of this print? This release wasn't for Horkey fans. Blood milk has a larger following than Aaron if you look at the numbers, and I don't doubt many of them were waiting at the drop to buy her products. This was a nice surprise for her followers who were already intending on buying her latest products.