Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:59 pm

christorge2 wrote:These are gonna be amazing!!!!! Hope there are more then a handful
There's not.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:09 pm

Oh baby. I want one. :drool:
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Bluecow
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Baker wrote:
christorge2 wrote:These are gonna be amazing!!!!! Hope there are more then a handful
There's not.
So another cool thing just for the subscribers?
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:05 pm

^pretty much.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Baker wrote:
Bluecow wrote:
jjbehren wrote:
Stingers wrote:

It's still happening, there will be a very small amount , first refusal to sub holders .
Very small amount. Any non-sub holders are just better off forgetting it even exists, like Tallow.
That's what is frustrating about following Horkey's work. He creates so many incredible things that are completely unobtainable for "normal" fans.
He really hasnt done many crazy limited things lately to be honest here. The True Grit wood had Mondo and Osprey editions. Tallow was a special circumstance for those in the "sub". The Naif wood is really the only other one that could come to mind on this. But even still, there is a regular image on paper which ROCKS. Looking back on his older prints, he used to do WAY more super limited variants. Look at WBG and OTA, some of my favorite color choices for those prints are crazy variants that I know I will never own. Just the way it goes:
It's not like this is new news that it is a tiny edition. This post is from I think April 2013. No one knows how Aaron will sell them, but people that are like ZOMG why so few, this ain't new news. There is always the next print, this is something that was literally printed 4 years ago that he just never sold. He's got variants of prints that have never even been seen, I've just heard the rumors of people seeing them in his files. I'm just happy to see this one finally finished.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
srdzevon
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:09 pm

AND it's a killer GP.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Yeah, it's not worth getting bent out of shape over. I'd be stoked just for the chance to see one in person. And like that previous post pointed out, it's not always a sub vs. non-sub situation. Some of the WBG variants were limited to like 4. At that point, you just cross your fingers you'll see one some day. I'm perfectly capable of appreciating something that i know i'll probably never have the chance to own.
So it goes...
wottagunn
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:19 pm

If theres only a handful of them, it makes sense for them to go to the guys that have been with him from the start. Who wouldn’t agree with that.
Like Baker said there’s a pretty great paper version out there for anyone to grab. And, unless the image is actually cut in to the wood, it’s gonna be hard for the wood to top the print edition in my opinion.
It would be cool to see them work on another/new piece together just so I have a chance to see some of Bruce’s work in person.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:22 pm

If these go to royal order there's going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed people (including some royal order members). If these are sold at mondocon there's going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed people. If these are sold at the vacvvm studio there's going to be a hell of a lot of disappointed people. I mean there's like 13ish or so if I remember correctly. Much like everyone else, I really hope I get a chance at buying one but if I don't i'll be in plenty of company among the disappointed masses and envious of the lucky few. :D
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Baker
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:40 pm

Baker wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:The land of Neverwas. A partial list of rumored horkey related projects that never (at least yet) saw official release. Feel free to add any others you can think of.

Retrospective Art Book (mentioned by Letta many years ago) :(
Letterpress Print Sets 3-6 :(
Letterpress Set 1 & 2 deluxe editions :pint: (Granted released in a rather strange way, but they are out there now)
Flight of The Black Osprey Deluxe Giclee with Letterpress embossing :(
Croatoan Giclee :pint: :pint: :pint:
Osprey Minutae .03 :pint: :pint: :pint: (To Honor Chaos)
Eryops Rising Megafauna Exlusive variant :pint: :pint: :pint:
"Box Set" (mentioned on megafauna blog 6/17/2009) (Maybe tied to the above as the Rose Shards Set)
To Harrow A Naif wood variant :pint: Sooooooon Hopefully...
Patchwerk II (??? never heard its existence mentioned but there's a Patchwerk I and III so....)[/color]
Hoarfrost Black Stock variant :(
Bringing back an old post tonight with some updates. Some progress.....
Again...
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:08 am

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:14 am

Zomg wood hork!

Might get some quality drymounting butthurt because of this. Thanks hork! I think somehow you guys are going to manage without the wood naif. It's going to be really really tough but with time, I think y'all are going to be alright
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:03 am

Stirring the pot with dat wood. :lol:
rka00
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 am

WOW! Thanks for sharing, very nice :clap: :clap:
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:11 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Might get some quality drymounting butthurt because of this. Thanks hork
I can't wait.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!