Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
SteveGo
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16 pm

I wonder if that guy will ever know he had a drawing made of him.
agr719
Art Expert

Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:43 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:Step two in the process of building this Exquisite Corpse text illustration for @bloodmilk (see my previous post for the first step). ⚔⚔⚔ Vellum is taped over the initial rough sketch and I ink the entire piece again, tweaking and jostling the forms until I feel they've locked into place. The composition begins to feel solid and I add any additional elements, in this case an arrow with a planchette head that strikes a hard, straight line through an otherwise organic piece. The sizing here remains true to the first draft in my sketchbook-approximately 2" X 2"... Part three tomorrow. #aaronhorkey #bloodmilk #bloodmilkexquisitecorpse #thefevershed
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:47 pm

aaronhorkey wrote:Step three in the process of building this text based illustration for the @bloodmilk Exquisite Corpse project, ink on paper, 2016. ⚔⚔⚔ Once the vellum sketch is sufficiently fleshed-out (see previous post) I enlarge it via Xerox, in this case approximately 250%, and lightly transfer to the final paper via light table. Last minute modifications and measurement checks happen now at which point I begin the inking process using a very fine refillable technical pen. This first pass produces a uniform weight "skeleton" the end result of which is pictured above. Next I securely tape the paper to my drawing surface and erase all traces of pencil, leaving only the faint ghost of a blueprint to flesh out... Step 4 tomorrow, thanks for bearing with me. #aaronhorkey #bloodmilk #bloodmilkexquisitecorpse #theweightofgold
So it goes...
deancc
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:50 am

agr719 wrote:
aaronhorkey wrote:Step two in the process of building this Exquisite Corpse text illustration for @bloodmilk (see my previous post for the first step). ⚔⚔⚔ Vellum is taped over the initial rough sketch and I ink the entire piece again, tweaking and jostling the forms until I feel they've locked into place. The composition begins to feel solid and I add any additional elements, in this case an arrow with a planchette head that strikes a hard, straight line through an otherwise organic piece. The sizing here remains true to the first draft in my sketchbook-approximately 2" X 2"... Part three tomorrow. #aaronhorkey #bloodmilk #bloodmilkexquisitecorpse #thefevershed
Great Falls!

mfaith wrote:
aaronhorkey wrote:Step three in the process of building this text based illustration for the @bloodmilk Exquisite Corpse project, ink on paper, 2016. ⚔⚔⚔ Once the vellum sketch is sufficiently fleshed-out (see previous post) I enlarge it via Xerox, in this case approximately 250%, and lightly transfer to the final paper via light table. Last minute modifications and measurement checks happen now at which point I begin the inking process using a very fine refillable technical pen. This first pass produces a uniform weight "skeleton" the end result of which is pictured above. Next I securely tape the paper to my drawing surface and erase all traces of pencil, leaving only the faint ghost of a blueprint to flesh out... Step 4 tomorrow, thanks for bearing with me. #aaronhorkey #bloodmilk #bloodmilkexquisitecorpse #theweightofgold
Forest Swords !!!

From my most listened to album of the last few years. Absolute masterpiece.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:00 pm

"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
piper27
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:20 pm

Won't be long now!
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:23 pm

What's with the other items in the pic?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:27 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:What's with the other items in the pic?
It’s some of Static Medium’s current printing jobs.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:30 pm

oh yeah, i forgot they were printing. :oops:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:37 pm

piper27 wrote:Won't be long now!
I'm pretty sure they still have to be shipped to BoNA to be varnished and even after that I'm guessing packing/shipping will take a bit. And that's assuming the CoA is even finished. Probably still several more weeks until these start landing at least. Just don't want anyone to have unrealistic expectations.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:45 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:
piper27 wrote:Won't be long now!
I'm pretty sure they still have to be shipped to BoNA to be varnished and even after that I'm guessing packing/shipping will take a bit. And that's assuming the CoA is even finished. Probably still several more weeks until these start landing at least. Just don't want anyone to have unrealistic expectations.
sidewaysscott wrote:What's with the other items in the pic?
Yeah, probably shoulda' cropped out the chaff. :P
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Frog
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 am

I'm placing my bets for end of August. Can't wait though.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:51 am

Congrats to Aaron and Corey, for the Further Frames print winning art of the week. :cheers:
So it goes...
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:06 am

Step four in the @bloodmilk Exquisite Corpse logo process-obsessive inking. Once I have a skeletal guide for the piece (see previous post) it's time to settle into black application, first building up a uniformly satisfying line weight throughout the piece, filling in larger areas of shadow with a brush, and then chipping away with detail and texture until I exhaust myself. The last step within this step is cleaning up the problem areas using white gouache and a tiny, tiny brush... More tomorrow #aaronhorkey #bloodmilk #bloodmilkexquisitecorpse #stackedscrolls #ofcorpse

ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:07 am

mfaith wrote:Congrats to Aaron and Corey, for the Further Frames print winning art of the week. :cheers:
Easy to win art of the week when it's the only new piece of art that was approved in the voting period :P
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.