Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
DuoSonic
Art Expert
Posts: 1352
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:39 am

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Whoa!! Congrats. Very cool collection on that wall.
User avatar
KSUvet
Art Expert
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am
Location: MO

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 am

Wow, that's outstanding greenhorn. Thanks for sharing :clap: ! (That would make me nervous hanging it that low in what appears to be a traffic area, though. :shock: )
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Diabolos80
Art Expert
Posts: 3967
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 am

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:23 am

greenhorn1 wrote:I kind of already spoiled it in the THC thread with that crappy video but the eagle (or owl in this case) has landed! To say i'm thrilled would be JUST a bit of an understatement.

Image2015-10-29_06-21-40 by lastheathen, on Flickr

Image2015-10-29_06-21-52 by lastheathen, on Flickr

Image2015-10-29_06-22-06 by lastheathen, on Flickr

The wall is complete (for now)

Image2015-10-29_06-25-50 by lastheathen, on Flickr
Encore Bump.
User avatar
bran
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

Hey, has anyone ever compiled all of the manta rays from Aaron's prints? That'd be neat. Or all of his birds? Just curious. :D
User avatar
greenhorn1
Art Expert
Posts: 8779
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:50 am

KSUvet wrote:Wow, that's outstanding greenhorn. Thanks for sharing :clap: ! (That would make me nervous hanging it that low in what appears to be a traffic area, though. :shock: )
Yeah it is a bit lower than I'd like, just from a visibility standpoint, still about shoulder/chest level though. It's really not a high traffic area though and lots of open space in front of that wall so not worried from a safety standpoint.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
snowrs
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:12 am

Pure awesome! In the head picture it looks like he has Chibi eyes. Such beautiful work, some of my faves are on that wall
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8490
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:14 am

ughhhhhhh...

Congratassssss on that stupid awesome wallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
deancc
Art Expert
Posts: 3390
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:48 am

Magic Bullet Records shirt in new colorway...

http://shop.magicbulletrecords.com/coll ... ron-horkey

Image
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:54 am

Sweet. Thanks Dean :cheers:
So it goes...
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8414
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:04 am

bran wrote:Hey, has anyone ever compiled all of the manta rays from Aaron's prints? That'd be neat. Or all of his birds? Just curious. :D
Yes there is a picture somewhere with most of the embossings from his prints.

I think TC posted a picture of all the little birdies in last years THC.

I tried searching for both but I couldn't find them for you. Maybe someone else has them saved or can find them easier than I.
Image
User avatar
blingaling
Art Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm
Location: OKC
Contact:

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:49 am

deancc wrote:Magic Bullet Records shirt in new colorway...

http://shop.magicbulletrecords.com/coll ... ron-horkey
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like they have new pressings of the Forensics album with letterpress/screenprinted covers too.
greenhorn1 wrote:I kind of already spoiled it in the THC thread with that crappy video but the eagle (or owl in this case) has landed! To say i'm thrilled would be JUST a bit of an understatement.
[img]HOT%20HOT%20SHIT[/img]
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Can I visit your house and just sit on the floor there for a couple hours? I'll bring the beer.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
deancc
Art Expert
Posts: 3390
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Australia

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:07 am

blingaling wrote:
deancc wrote:Magic Bullet Records shirt in new colorway...

http://shop.magicbulletrecords.com/coll ... ron-horkey
Thanks for the heads up! Looks like they have new pressings of the Forensics album with letterpress/screenprinted covers too.
No problem. The Forensics LPs were released around 5 years ago. Definitely worth getting at around $10 a piece.
User avatar
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm
Location: VA

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 am

I have the brown one on my wall. Considering getting the gold as well, does it look better?

Happy Horkowen Eve, dudes/dudettes!
User avatar
HappaHaoli
Art Expert
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am
Location: a place without a postcard

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:19 am

HairyHood wrote:I have the brown one on my wall. Considering getting the gold as well, does it look better?

Happy Horkowen Eve, dudes/dudettes!
I've had the brown version for a while and just realized I never got a gold. I think it does look better since the brown is very dark and hard to see the artwork from a distance.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
User avatar
joshua
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:21 am

Thalass wrote:We were still missing one sketch, right? I take it this must be it. Unless someone knows who "Spencer" is and knows if this is another one-off Aaron did for a friend.

Hell of a sketch though. A lot of detail in this one.
i have the tenth sketch, and its something none of you guys would want.
ImageImage
ISO...
Post Reply