Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:44 pm

35mmpaul wrote:When are you thinking of going?
I have in laws to crash with north of la, and I know they want to see the kiddo, but I'm working opening day. I can probably convince my wife if our schedules align.
ImageImage
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:29 pm

MGW wrote:
Baker wrote:Hah, yeah thats true. Guess I have 2 different MWH's framed. And then the regular print in mylar. Only thing I am missing is the damn Antique, but thats NFS...ever. The ink was also NFS, not that I could have afforded it.
Maybe you can use some of those other originals to wipe away your tears. :wink: :lol:
This made me spit out my coffee in laughter. Well done, MGW. :notworthy: Sorry, Baker. 8)
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Whats the Antique?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:38 pm

35mmpaul wrote:Whats the Antique?
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Nice
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
halflife78
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 pm

So we had a water leak recently which is resulting in all our floors being replaced and all the walls re-painted. I have to de-wall all the frames tomorrow and store them upstairs for the next 2 weeks. Good news is this gives us a chance to re-organize where everything is placed.
Thronk
Art Expert

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm

halflife78 wrote:So we had a water leak recently which is resulting in all our floors being replaced and all the walls re-painted. I have to de-wall all the frames tomorrow and store them upstairs for the next 2 weeks. Good news is this gives us a chance to re-organize where everything is placed.
No damage to anything important and/or irreplaceable I hope.
halflife78
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Thronk wrote:
halflife78 wrote:So we had a water leak recently which is resulting in all our floors being replaced and all the walls re-painted. I have to de-wall all the frames tomorrow and store them upstairs for the next 2 weeks. Good news is this gives us a chance to re-organize where everything is placed.
No damage to anything important and/or irreplaceable I hope.
It was a 1 foot spot in my office coming in on a cable wire where the caulk cracked. The result of a 1 foot spot is a $26,000 1,100 square foot floor replacement along with trim and wall re-paint.

So at this point I have the house broken apart....so we are:
1. Running a cable to the attic for my antenna to drop cable all together.
2. Replacing the downstairs toilet.
3. Replacing the vanity sink set in the bathroom.
4. Running speaker wire to the rear of my living room to drop my wireless setup. To get this in place I need to buy some new bipolar rears so my mounting locations are prepped and cut now.
5. Replacing the thermostat with a new wifi one.
6. Deciding if I want to redo my office and put in wall speakers for my PC setup.
7. Replacing the frig....the compressor is going out on it now and I don't want it to break on new floors.

So....Andrea is excited since she picked to new floors and is doing the colors for the re-painted. Bad news is we go to a hotel for a week starting Sunday, the good news is I fly out Monday morning to San Jose until Thursday and I am staying at the San Jose Marriott resort. :notworthy:
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:20 am

Hoping we all get the info on the Gilded Age soon, last minute reveals do a good job of amping up the stress with the the hype. I also heard the "rumor" that the prints will be released earlier in the day on Saturday well before the actual show opening to prevent a bottleneck at the show. I doubt they want a bunch of us that have been out in the Cali sun all day relaxing on the sidewalk stinking up the show opening.
THC x 3
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:57 am

jcbudny wrote:Hoping we all get the info on the Gilded Age soon, last minute reveals do a good job of amping up the stress with the the hype. I also heard the "rumor" that the prints will be released earlier in the day on Saturday well before the actual show opening to prevent a bottleneck at the show. I doubt they want a bunch of us that have been out in the Cali sun all day relaxing on the sidewalk stinking up the show opening.
I have had some brief emails with the guys there.

They said info is coming really soon.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:24 am

35mmpaul wrote:
jcbudny wrote:Hoping we all get the info on the Gilded Age soon, last minute reveals do a good job of amping up the stress with the the hype. I also heard the "rumor" that the prints will be released earlier in the day on Saturday well before the actual show opening to prevent a bottleneck at the show. I doubt they want a bunch of us that have been out in the Cali sun all day relaxing on the sidewalk stinking up the show opening.
I have had some brief emails with the guys there.

They said info is coming really soon.
Cool, thanks Paul
THC x 3
TheBeard
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 am

Hopefully it doesn't rain
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:49 am

TheBeard wrote:
Hopefully it doesn't rain
...well, rain might wash off the stink?!?
THC x 3
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:50 am

Yea hope it's not Friday I'm landing at 7pm... Would kinda suck to announce a show date then less than a month before the show say "oh prints will be on sale on Friday instead" kinda late to change a flight without eating some fees for sure
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:09 pm

BadassArt wrote:Yea hope it's not Friday I'm landing at 7pm... Would kinda suck to announce a show date then less than a month before the show say "oh prints will be on sale on Friday instead" kinda late to change a flight without eating some fees for sure
Yeah.

They are definitely aware that people are traveling for this.

I don't think they are going to do something like that.

Most galleries if they do print sales before the show do it day of.

But we shall see. I'd be very surprised if it was the day before.