Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:36 am

It's been intermittently out, but mostly yeah :( Apartment living. Flattening stuff for the new flat file now and framing, though.
ImageImage
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:50 am

I have the light grey of that poster and wouldn't mind snagging a few additional colorways in the future. :ziggi:
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:56 am

Your unrolling process might be to blame. After taking them out of the tube, let them sit, in the rolled state, for a couple weeks and then unroll them. Save you a lot of headaches
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:02 am

Looks like some one gorilla gripped when rolling it up, either way that's awful. I have been meaning to pick up this print or a while now and some reason never have. Great image for a great band, it would for sure make it onto my wall.

Also, is that the Bannon art for rise and fall? Great band with a bunch of great members.
burritos > Life
hakaider2
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:24 pm

"Is it save to say there will be no Aaron Horkey twitter account anytime soon?"
"Saver than save."
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:31 pm

ConstantStruggle wrote:Looks like some one gorilla gripped when rolling it up
Exactly what it looks like. Gotta ease in to that roll.
profbobo
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Definitely my gorilla roll too, prior to get into getting into this habit. Live and learn :)
ImageImage
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:26 pm

profbobo wrote:Definitely my gorilla roll too, prior to get into getting into this habit. Live and learn :)
Fortunately this wasn't for an insanely expensive piece. These Banana Boris' are extremely affordable, in case you did want to replace it.
So it goes...
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:26 am

Unfortunately, it was for an insanely sentimental piece. Mfaith, get off this hobby horse of only caring about things because their nature is rare or expensive. Youre going to miss out on a lot.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:30 am

Dude, I'm just saying, it's not that hard to replace. Christ, apparently it's jump on mfaith day today. That bruhamlian dude didn't go at me enough apparently (or whatever the hell his name was). I'm just going to take a break. Sorry for trying to put a positive spin on things. :?
So it goes...
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:17 am

Yeah. He was just saying IF the owner felt compelled to replace it.

It's not ROTK or anything.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:56 pm

ha! I don't read every thread anymore. Braluhiam is kind of douchey, i didn't know he was riding you, but regardless, don't get your feelings hurt about what i said, mfaith, people have been wanting to nickname you "re-post" for six months now.

You're like the "jansport" of vacvvm.

you weren't posting something positive, you were posting that luckily the dude only had a supposedly junk poster. Never underestimate the value of buying a poster from an artist, at a show, that you love. I pity you for not having that experience, that is all, and I hope one day you get the chance to and you forget about coin collections and comics and preserving perfectly and remember what joy is.

That Boris print is the fudge, and I am sorry he unrolled his from the show and it had bends.

Cheers, profbobo, I understand the pain.
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:14 pm

talkingdeads wrote: ...and remember what joy is.
Ouch. I'm pretty sure that any print that I was really sentimental about I wouldn't leave in a tube for seven years. I've def got damaged prints from shows before I was a collector and cared about what stuff was worth , but it kind of seemed like the OP was lamenting that the print that he was going to frame anyways wasn't worth as much to other people as it was to him. That piece of art is fortunate enough to have several versions out there that someone could chase if they were looking for perfection. At the end of the day, its just ink and paper. And money. Lots of money.

I think looking at a personalized 1/1 sketch from Aaron himself would take me to a pretty joyful place on the reg.

:pint:
Last edited by jimmysleftbrain on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:19 pm

if you haven't been accused of being a dick on this board then you haven't posted enough.