Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
SmilingIdiot
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 am

murdock wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:Not that this has anything to do with horkey but just in case anyone cares I saw this info on another board...

"No Pushead at SDCC this year :(

Event during NYCC but not at NYCC"
At least the possibility of a Pushead/Horkey event at NYCC kinda makes up for loss of the SDCC event. More time to save money :lol:
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:22 pm

Ladybugjwl wrote:The RKO and RKOV are also embossed correct?
yes, they are.
nis
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:02 pm

wottagunn wrote:I didn’t receive the email :cry:

Was it sent to the usual list?
I think so - at least I got it. But no spare money at the moment, just dropped my cables at the framer - that will be another $600 :pint:
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Have to say, Night Comes Black is absolutely stunning in person! Everything about it from the paper, to the metallics, it's just awesome! Can't wait to get a frame for it. I don't have a ton of prints in my collection, but from what I do have, I don't think anything really compares quality wise!
xjmjx
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm

apruski03 wrote:Have to say, Night Comes Black is absolutely stunning in person! Everything about it from the paper, to the metallics, it's just awesome! Can't wait to get a frame for it. I don't have a ton of prints in my collection, but from what I do have, I don't think anything really compares quality wise!
LOL Congrats man, glad you're digging it!
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 pm

I used to collect random prints by random artists before I got my first horkey. The quality is way better than anyone else. Now I trade/sell my other prints for horkeys
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 am

ajharrington321 wrote:I used to collect random prints by random artists...Now I trade/sell my other prints for horkeys
I know that feeling..
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:53 am

Question for you guys.

Whenever I've gotten anything framed, I've always used standard size frames and Hobby Lobby has been able to do it up while I've been waiting.

For NCB I've obviously gotta go custom, so how does that work? Will I have to bring it in and leave it there with them, or what? I just don't want to be moving it around too much you know? Trying to keep it in great shape!
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:35 am

apruski03 wrote:Question for you guys.

Whenever I've gotten anything framed, I've always used standard size frames and Hobby Lobby has been able to do it up while I've been waiting.

For NCB I've obviously gotta go custom, so how does that work? Will I have to bring it in and leave it there with them, or what? I just don't want to be moving it around too much you know? Trying to keep it in great shape!
A framing shop should have their own flat file for keeping things stored safely while the components of your frame are being ordered, cut, assembled, etc. You could always look up NCB's dimensions and then call ahead and make sure they've got room for... however tall NCB is. As for transporting unframed prints (once they've flattened out), I like setting them on a VERY large piece of stiff bristol(?) board, and holding down the corners by taping down squares of an old acid-free mat I cut up, making sure that there's no way the print could slide and touch the tape itself. Well, that, and making sure there's absolutely nothing else in my trunk before that whole setup goes in there. Try to travel on a day that isn't too windy, too.

Looking forward to seeing how decide you frame it!
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:59 am

Don't go to Hobby Lobby for anything, they're bigots.

But especially don't go for framing, they're not experts, they're overpriced, and you'll get a bad deal. Find a local framer with a good rep.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
scumbugg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:09 am

Simple answer: Send it to Peacedog.
punch
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:24 am

I would search the internet (and check craigslist) for local framers in your area. You may have a great framing shop that you don't know about right in your town.
blingaling
Art Expert

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:08 am

Worst pictures ever incoming!

Sorry for cell pic quality, but I'm so stoked to have these I couldn't contain myself. Super big thanks to some awesome EBeaners
ImageImageImageImage
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am

blingaling wrote:Worst pictures ever incoming!

Sorry for cell pic quality, but I'm so stoked to have these I couldn't contain myself. Super big thanks to some awesome EBeaners
Congrats!
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:28 pm

So I did end up finding a local framer!

Went pretty simple, black frame, with a white mat and a bit of a deep black mat coming off the edge of that. UV glass as well!

I really had no idea as to what prices cost for this, but all in all it came to $80 which I didn't really think was too bad, so I'm quite excited! Pictures coming tomorrow hopefully!