Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
rka00
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:16 pm

brndfrmd wrote:The Motorhead deck is my favorite, i am a big Motorhead fan. Would kill for that deck.
+1 on that, it's one of my favorites too and one of the loudest concerts I've been to :rockin:
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:22 pm

mistersmith wrote:
srdzevon wrote:I think there were 5 OG those painted key lines. They are all in the data base. I look at them often while I'm soaking I'm my bubble bath.
...an EBer has one of the 5 too.
He also posted pics of it. Don't ask me where though, I can't remember
bosephus
Art Expert

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Got my MWH back from the framer this afternoon! I’ll post some photos this weekend. :banana:
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 am

bosephus wrote:Got my MWH back from the framer this afternoon! I’ll post some photos this weekend. :banana:
:D
deancc
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:28 am

mr_rugby wrote:
mistersmith wrote:
srdzevon wrote:I think there were 5 OG those painted key lines. They are all in the data base. I look at them often while I'm soaking I'm my bubble bath.
...an EBer has one of the 5 too.
He also posted pics of it. Don't ask me where though, I can't remember
Just maybe... right where they belong: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=6384
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:30 am

rka00 wrote:
brndfrmd wrote:The Motorhead deck is my favorite, i am a big Motorhead fan. Would kill for that deck.
+1 on that, it's one of my favorites too and one of the loudest concerts I've been to :rockin:
Right?? Did a tour with them a few years back, and to this day I've never heard a stage volume as loud as Lemmy's bass rig.

+2 on the Motörhead deck!
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:56 am

danjohnjohnson wrote:
rka00 wrote:
Right?? Did a tour with them a few years back, and to this day I've never heard a stage volume as loud as Lemmy's bass rig.

+2 on the Motörhead deck!
J Mascis had four full stacks the last two times I saw Dino jr, so good and so loud!
burritos > Life
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 am

Dino Jr. and Motorhead were both pretty damn loud. Loudest sounding band i have seen is The Body. Saw them play in the back room of a tiny tiny tiny dive bar and the roof was literally falling down. People were getting hit in the head with ceiling tile and insulation, all kinds of stuff. Not as loud as D Jr.or Motorhead but in that small of a space it sounded much louder. That band is incredible.
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 am

brndfrmd wrote:Dino Jr. and Motorhead were both pretty damn loud. Loudest sounding band i have seen is The Body. Saw them play in the back room of a tiny tiny tiny dive bar and the roof was literally falling down. People were getting hit in the head with ceiling tile and insulation, all kinds of stuff. Not as loud as D Jr.or Motorhead but in that small of a space it sounded much louder. That band is incredible.
Ha that sounds amazing! I saw Zoroaster in a super small bar and they cleared the place out by being so damn loud, it was hilarious.
burritos > Life
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:26 am

Zoroaster are great! The only time i ever saw a room cleared, i went to see White Mice when they opened for Skinny Puppy (maybe? ) and they cleared the room but i think that was more about how noisey they are than being loud. I think i was the only one who was there to see them.

My Bloody Valentine was incredibly loud as well.
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 am

brndfrmd wrote:Zoroaster are great! The only time i ever saw a room cleared, i went to see White Mice when they opened for Skinny Puppy (maybe? ) and they cleared the room but i think that was more about how noisey they are than being loud. I think i was the only one who was there to see them.

My Bloody Valentine was incredibly loud as well.

Haha I've seen white mice once and was pretty weirded out, give me lightning bolt any day.

And yeah friends said the MBV show in Denver was just crazy loud with huge signs as you walked in suggestioning people to take advantage of the free earplugs that night.
burritos > Life
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:34 am

Love Lightning Bolt, another great live band.

To turn this back around to Horkey. I am interested to see what bands he will do prints for in the future.The bands he has done prints for are all pretty great in my book.
ConstantStruggle
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:37 am

Detailed, always sorry.

I would love info on this open edition and gig poster that was mentioned in landlocked.
burritos > Life
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 am

It is like knowing someone got you an incredible christmas gift but you don't know what it is.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:06 am

Godspeed You! Black Emperor