Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:22 pm

talkingdeads wrote:Gonzo, the sub holders are true horkey fans; we all laid down a lot of money to support an artist we love when the majority of people on the board commonly only had one comment about Aaron's work, and they only posted "horkeys don't flip." Just because that isn't true anymore don't run down sub holders for their opportunities to purchase rare things.

And I wouldn't be surprised if MOMA picks up some of his work in the next five years.

Also, if you're in the lottery for a wood THAN, I would assume you were already notified almost a year ago. They are at the shop waiting for an extra coat.
I think it went over your head Matt. I'm more happy for the horknuts who've been around forever, but these new found lovers of it annoy the fudge out of me.

Ya so by saying "Aaron should do it this way..." I was actually making fun of the dipshits who think they have any say in anything.

Edit: none of what I was saying was against sub holders. I'm more happy for you crazy few than anyone.
Same fudge, different drop.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:33 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Image
Fixed 8)
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
jason-bry
Flipper

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:34 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Edit: none of what I was saying was against sub holders. I'm more happy for you crazy few than anyone.
Subholders are assholes! Why are they so special?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:39 pm

jason-bry wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:Edit: none of what I was saying was against sub holders. I'm more happy for you crazy few than anyone.
Because they are putting Horkey in the MOMA.
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:42 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
talkingdeads wrote:Gonzo, the sub holders are true horkey fans; we all laid down a lot of money to support an artist we love when the majority of people on the board commonly only had one comment about Aaron's work, and they only posted "horkeys don't flip." Just because that isn't true anymore don't run down sub holders for their opportunities to purchase rare things.

And I wouldn't be surprised if MOMA picks up some of his work in the next five years.

Also, if you're in the lottery for a wood THAN, I would assume you were already notified almost a year ago. They are at the shop waiting for an extra coat.
I think it went over your head Matt. I'm more happy for the horknuts who've been around forever, but these new found lovers of it annoy the fudge out of me.

Ya so by saying "Aaron should do it this way..." I was actually making fun of the dipshits who think they have any say in anything.

Edit: none of what I was saying was against sub holders. I'm more happy for you crazy few than anyone.
Who fvcking cares when someone got into something? If they are actually into it and not just because of the prices the pieces fetch on the aftermarket.

As for annoying. The only thing annoying is your negativity and thinking that you have some sort of pull around here just cause you're a dick. I have never seen you post anything useful (personally.)
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Hold up, before you and all the other minions came around Horkey was only liked by the Horkey fanatics. Now Horkey flips so everyone and their god damn mother needs a copy of LOTR.

As for liking me, you know what I don't give a fudge.

Edit: Also I post useful info but through PM to the people I actually like on here. Sorry you aren't one.

Double edit: can you score me goods at SDCC??
danjohnjohnson
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm a newer collector and I'd love a copy of LOTR because it's an amazing print and Horkey is a fantastic artist. Not exactly sure which category this puts me in...
zefarrett
Art Freak

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm

danjohnjohnson wrote:I'm a newer collector and I'd love a copy of LOTR because it's an amazing print and Horkey is a fantastic artist. Not exactly sure which category this puts me in...
You don't want to know…
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:17 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Hold up, before you and all the other minions came around Horkey was only liked by the Horkey fanatics. Now Horkey flips so everyone and their god damn mother needs a copy of LOTR.

As for liking me, you know what I don't give a fudge.

Edit: Also I post useful info but through PM to the people I actually like on here. Sorry you aren't one.

Double edit: can you score me goods at SDCC??
Not gonna waste my time. Hypocrite.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Things seem to be a little heated in here fellas, let's all just take our pants off and relax.

Gonzo has done a lot of good things for me over the years I hope I have retunred the favors.

B, I'm working on your tube I haven't forgotten I just need to receive the piece that is being sent to you.
jason-bry
Flipper

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
jason-bry wrote:
Because they are putting Horkey in the MOMA.
drymount those posterkillers!
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:56 pm

I'm sure Gonz is a good dude, it's just the unnecessary negativity that burns my buns.

And thanks deads, you're the bee's knees.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 pm

You had me at 'take our pants off and relax' deads :cheers:
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:00 pm

It's not negativity. I'm just annoyed with everyone's opinion on how an Artist should handle things. If I were Horkey and you guys were drooling over my fudge, I'd make it harder than hell to acquire something, hence raising demand and prices.

Let the artist do what he wants.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:06 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Hold up, before you and all the other minions came around Horkey was only liked by the Horkey fanatics. Now Horkey flips so everyone and their god damn mother needs a copy of LOTR.

Do I fall into this category Gonzo? :P
Image Image