Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 am

southerngarden wrote:^those look drymounting great! im thinking about doing the same thing with me Algaloch (sp?...whatever) and covering up the txt. was it hard to find a red like that to match the leaves?
I may have gotten lucky with finding a mat in just that SLIGHTLY orange red color of the leaves (or close enough to it) (the hardest part was getting rid of the white core), but if you go to a frame shop with enough options, you should be alright finding something that'll work for yours. I'll look forward to seeing your frameup!
southerngarden
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 1:02 am

where are those Couger Den Vinyls still available again?
didnt someone post a link to them recently in here, or they gone im just thinking of something else?
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 4:27 am

bmerel wrote:
ChrisV wrote:
bmerel wrote:
ChrisV wrote:So, I don't own it, but I was looking at pics of Naif, and I'm trying to figure out what color it is. From the main jpg, it looks black and white, but the detail pic makes it look blue. Which one is it out of curiosity?

its a shade of blue/grey.

some areas are brighter blue, some more blue grayish.
It's probably my #1 attainable ISO. Just put a down payment on one. Can't wait to see it in person. :drool:

You'll freak when you see it. It's magnificent. Congrats!!
I just sent mine to the framer. It's one of my favorite pieces for sure
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 6:52 am

rghayati wrote:I may have gotten lucky with finding a mat in just that SLIGHTLY orange red color of the leaves (or close enough to it) (the hardest part was getting rid of the white core), but if you go to a frame shop with enough options, you should be alright finding something that'll work for yours. I'll look forward to seeing your frameup!
To hide the white core of a colored mat just have your framer cut them with a reverse bevel. It's worked well for my pieces with no painting needed.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
appletree
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 am

Dear God, this is beautiful. Please let heaven be filled with Aaron Horkey's glorious artwork.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
appletree
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 am

PS: Speaking of naif/converge, I have never been able to decide which one to go for. I know both eventually, but cannot make up my mind which I would want on the wall.
PPS: The owner of #27 should talk to me. If the number doesn't mean much to you I would pay for your copy or find a copy to trade with you. This goes for nearly any #27 Horkey's. Budget is tight, but I can work something up.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
rghayati
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 am

HappaHaoli wrote:
rghayati wrote:I may have gotten lucky with finding a mat in just that SLIGHTLY orange red color of the leaves (or close enough to it) (the hardest part was getting rid of the white core), but if you go to a frame shop with enough options, you should be alright finding something that'll work for yours. I'll look forward to seeing your frameup!
To hide the white core of a colored mat just have your framer cut them with a reverse bevel. It's worked well for my pieces with no painting needed.
Well...
jools
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 10:13 am

file under unrelated/somewhat related....
ok so i gots da instagramz...as with all of these things i feel somewhat sullied to be part of it...but holy shitbaws what's the story with Brandon Holt? He's the guy that was doin Ben's Horkey tattoo yeah? Man his stuff is incredible but my google doesnt seem to bring up much about him - i take it from his feed that he does his own art aswell, but i can't seem to find any word of prints or anything?
this stuff is amazing
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
bosephus
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am

Yeah, his work is amazing!
Apparently he’s looking to do some prints with Burlesque sometime soon. :D
"I'm a backbone shiver and I'm a bundle of joy."
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 10:59 am

Just got this in today!

Thanks to mistersmith! This thing is a beauty in person!
Drumavarium
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 11:56 am

bosephus wrote:Yeah, his work is amazing!
Apparently he’s looking to do some prints with Burlesque sometime soon. :D
Yes, please!
willg
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 12:24 pm

appletree wrote:Image

Dear God, this is beautiful. Please let heaven be filled with Aaron Horkey's glorious artwork.
From some of the recent closeup pics of the GOT and others, this one included, Aaron seems to be changing his line work a little. Reminds me a bit of Durieux's hatching.
jachapma
Art Expert

Sat May 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Nice ChrisV.

Really hard to beat EMEK/Horkey. I wish they'd do another collab. That thing just kills up close.
I *still* don't care for Gob.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat May 04, 2013 2:53 pm

The following is a true story.

My wife and I went out to eat yesterday and while we were waiting for our table, we decided to play 20 Questions. This is exactly how the game played out:

Claudia Q1: Is it alive?

Me: No

Claudia Q2: Is it dead?

Me: No. Well, kind of... but no.

Claudia Q3: Is it a print?

Me: Yes.

Claudia Q4: Is it a Horkey?

Me: Yes.

Claudia Q5: Is it Dead Man?

Me: drymount

We hadn't been talking about Horkey or Dead Man either. There was no reason for her to guess that other than my "kind of" comment when she asked if it was dead.

I love my wife :pint:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 pm

:clap: :clap: :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.