Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm

You bastards are making me miss my Detritus. But at least I can wildly exaggerate what happened and tell myself it helped a friend get married.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
halflife78
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Damn wife is trying to claim Detritus right outside our art room instead of my office. :evil:

She just said to buy something else to put in my office. :twisted:
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:12 pm

halflife78 wrote:Damn wife is trying to claim Detritus right outside our art room instead of my office. :evil:

She just said to buy something else to put in my office. :twisted:
Buy another version of Detritus... :pint:
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
hadvil
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey, this may sound cheesy, but I'm trying to do some research on Aaron Horkey for a presentation in my graphic design class. When our teacher told us we could do our presentation on any designer we wanted, I knew I wanted to rep somebody that I found here on EB. Horkey was one of the first people to come to my mind because of his stunning typography.

I've found several good interviews with Horkey online that I'm reading through. If anyone knows of any good sources for biographical info, please pass them along.

The thing that I'm missing now that I'd really like to find is a picture of Aaron himself. Does anyone have a picture with him at a gallery opening or something? Any help here would be hot.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 pm

There are some great interviews, with limited back story. As for a photo, I don't think that Aaron would want his photo posted in any presentation. Hence the lack of photographic evidence.
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm

I would message Ben and ask him if its cool to use his photo, but this would be the one I would use.

http://omgposters.com/2010/09/14/pictur ... solo-show/
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Baker wrote:I would message Ben and ask him if its cool to use his photo, but this would be the one I would use.

Yup. That's the one I would use.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
hadvil
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:43 pm

ceevee wrote:There are some great interviews, with limited back story. As for a photo, I don't think that Aaron would want his photo posted in any presentation. Hence the lack of photographic evidence.
Yeah, as I continued to look for pics with no success, I thought that might be the case. I can respect that.
Baker wrote:I would message Ben and ask him if its cool to use his photo, but this would be the one I would use.

Yeah, this picture would be fun to use. Thanks for pointing me to it. Is Ben on EB, and if so, what's his username? Or did you mean I should message him on Flickr or something?

And yeah, thanks for the quick responses, guys. :notworthy: Just as a public service, thought I'd leave the interviews I found here for easy access:

http://www.erraticphenomena.com/2012/05 ... yptic.html
http://hifructose.com/2010/11/22/a-tour ... on-horkey/
http://blog.shriekingtree.com/2010/09/2 ... ew-part-1/
http://blog.shriekingtree.com/2010/09/2 ... ew-part-2/

Again, if you know of any good interviews or whatever that I didn't post here, please pass them along! Cheers!
deancc
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:53 pm

exactly the photo i thought of too.

here are some other resources for you:
deancc wrote:here are some other online interviews with Aaron that you guys may or may not have seen. happy reading/viewing.

City Pages - 2004

OMG Posters - 2008

Upper Playground - 2008

Interview originally in Juxtapoz April 2008. Interview by David Choe. Note: That is not Aaron in the photo.

Hi-Fructose - Aaron Horkey interview Part 1 - 2010
Same interview as above but with high(er)-res pics Part 1

Hi-Fructose - Aaron Horkey interview Part 2 - 2010
Same interview as above but with high(er)-res pics Part 2

Hi-Fructose - A Tour Through Windom - 2011

The Indie Spiritualist - 2011. Interview by Vic Szalaj of Cable

Erratic Phenomena - 2012

also worth seeking out in physical form:
Juxtapoz April 2008 (Interview by David Choe)
Monster Children 19 (2008)
Catalyst zine (2008) (Interview by Brian Lovro of Threadbare/The Blinding Light)
Juxtapoz Nov 2011 (Interview by Pushead)

... and likely a bunch more.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 pm

ceevee wrote:There are some great interviews, with limited back story. As for a photo, I don't think that Aaron would want his photo posted in any presentation. Hence the lack of photographic evidence.
....which means, you can steal just about anybody's Facebook picture and use it and odds are, your teacher will have no clue that its' not him. Better yet, shoot a picture with a random guy and use that one and tell your teacher that your'e best buds.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm

fourthstooge wrote:
....which means, you can steal just about anybody's Facebook picture and use it and odds are, your teacher will have no clue that its' not him. Better yet, shoot a picture with a random guy and use that one and tell your teacher that your'e best buds.
Aaron Horkey?
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm

zefarrett wrote:
fourthstooge wrote:
Aaron Horkey?
Photoshop a pen in his mouth and you've got it!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
Anville
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 am

some guy made a shirt so a high res desktop isnt a big deal. if i had a 300-600 dpi scan it would look a fudge ton better. made this for myself to hold me over till the next print.

right click save as

dasher12
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 am

speaking of those shirts still waiting on mine..
jools
Art Expert

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:36 am

yeah sadly the tee debacle has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth with regards to Moon - still not answering emails and still no sign of the tee, Moon i am disappoint :?
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html