Todd Slater Site Update

General art-related discussion.
partpat
Art Freak

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:47 am

Don't lie Texas is crazy hot. And no sane person would move to Texas on purpose :lol:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:12 am

partpat wrote:Don't lie Texas is crazy hot. And no sane person would move to Texas on purpose :lol:
Oh no doubt, Texas gets super hot, but dry heat is a lot more pallatable than humidity. I personally love living here. Don't think id ever want to live anywhere else in Texas, but Austin's great.
So it goes...
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:21 am

mfaith wrote:
partpat wrote:Don't lie Texas is crazy hot. And no sane person would move to Texas on purpose :lol:
Oh no doubt, Texas gets super hot, but dry heat is a lot more pallatable than humidity. I personally love living here. Don't think id ever want to live anywhere else in Texas, but Austin's great.
Certainly not here for the scenery either, espc Houston, urban sprawl personified. No proper zoning means its a mishmash of eyesores.

Add the traffic, crazy impatient motorists and shitty quality roads and you better be here for something other than your health...

Like the fact a lot more decent restaurants have opened up recently with the expat demand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:31 pm

I don't like the heat. Have family in Louisiana. Way too drymounting hot. I'm going down there in July. I grew up in the NE and Midwest. Not a fan of heat or humidity. That's one reason I love Salt Lake City.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:44 am

danielpmcauliffe wrote:
Nah, not a Denver fan. Would be sick for the music scene, and the Further shows, but the skiing is fudge compared to SLC. Don't get me started. I have strong opinions on this.

Please tell me you got a set of test prints tho.
drymount, whatever man. Have you been to Berthoud Pass? Silverton? Steamboat? Buffalo Pass? No doubt, Little Cottonwood rocks and Park City will soon enough be another 'Trois Vallees' but you can have SLC and the rest of po-dunk-mormanville. I'll take 90"+ in a couple days and a bunch of cool heads. Guess it's all about COLD beer NUTS :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:46 am

comountaingolf wrote:
danielpmcauliffe wrote:
Nah, not a Denver fan. Would be sick for the music scene, and the Further shows, but the skiing is fudge compared to SLC. Don't get me started. I have strong opinions on this.

Please tell me you got a set of test prints tho.
drymount, whatever man. Have you been to Berthoud Pass? Silverton? Steamboat? Buffalo Pass? No doubt, Little Cottonwood rocks and Park City will soon enough be another 'Trois Vallees' but you can have SLC and the rest of po-dunk-mormanville. I'll take 90"+ in a couple days and a bunch of cool heads. Guess it's all about COLD beer NUTS :lol:
I have been to Steamboat. Granted, heard great things about Silverton, and the access at Berthound is sick. But I was referring to the front range resorts. LCC>Front range.
ontheDL
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:12 am

I might just do it! But I also moved to Vegas, so I guess I am crazy. The humidity just makes a hot day so much worse though.
artberry
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:45 am

Austin is muggy as hell all the time
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:51 am

artberry wrote:Austin is muggy as hell all the time
lol. It isn't actually, but ok.
So it goes...
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:58 am

I moved to Texas willingly. Granted I was leaving Nebraska so it was an easy choice.
That being said I've grown to love Houston. It isn't perfect by any means, but going from where I did to where I am now by myself, I kind of matured and grew up in the city and am now really fond of it. The summers do suck though.
Mapman
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:18 am

Anyone else getting a shipping notice on the latest strange attraction?
glassonfire
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 am

Mapman wrote:Anyone else getting a shipping notice on the latest strange attraction?
Im still waiting on mine. Hoping it just took him longer to get the ones with test prints out ;)
Mapman
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:31 am

glassonfire wrote:
Mapman wrote:Anyone else getting a shipping notice on the latest strange attraction?
Im still waiting on mine. Hoping it just took him longer to get the ones with test prints out ;)
Mine doesn't show any actual movement, just that a label has been created. I was just curious to see if any had actually been sent yet.

As for the test print, I'm really curious to see how those look!
glassonfire
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:39 am

I havent even gotten a number yet for tracking.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:46 am

Mapman wrote:
glassonfire wrote:
Mine doesn't show any actual movement, just that a label has been created. I was just curious to see if any had actually been sent yet.

As for the test print, I'm really curious to see how those look!
I have one that is the same as yours and one that was updated and delivered yesterday. I expected them to come together so i'm not really sure what's up.
I'm not someone else.