Todd Slater Site Update

General art-related discussion.
slater
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:12 pm

I was salty I missed Todd. & I've gotten one of those 10$ shipping refunds before so do whatever makes it easier for you :pint:
It's ok, I just wanted to know… I don't exactly follow why Shopify is annoying. I assumed my old out of date way was uber-annoying but some people have expressed liking it better in private messages on Facebook and here. Just want to understand the issues with it before I take it to the web guy and see if there's any workarounds. I appreciate people posting thoughts on it… thank you! :clap:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:14 pm

slater wrote:
Yes, there are occasional oversells but drymounting deal with it. That's part of the chase.
It was happening on every release despite an inventory deal thru paypal. I'd be refunding 10-25 (sometimes just a $10 shipping charge) on average and man does it make people mega-pissed! I felt like it had gone on so long that I had to something to fix it. I spoke with Mitch Putnam quite a bit about it along with other artists and they all really all recommended Shopify. If anyone has a minute to bullet out what makes Shopify lousy I'd certainly love to see it… thanks. I would directly address it with Rocket Society who made the site…
I personally like Shopify. I know it's not everybody's favorite, but for the sites I use that changed over (e.g. Mondo, Posters & Toys) I fared a lot better after the switch. Mostly by being able to pick up an expired cart if i wasn't able to get one right away. So whatever makes your work easier, is cool with me.
So it goes...
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:04 pm

For me the only thing that needs fixing is getting the on-sale email earlier. Most times everything is sold out by the time it comes.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:08 pm

I dig Shopify because it's widespread, so I know the basics even if I'm not familiar with the specific gallery or artist. That's noob talk, but if you're talking business then you're talking noobs. A competent business completes a transaction with the fewest moves possible, and that's the way I like it too. drymount money, get prints.
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:41 pm

slater wrote:
Yes, there are occasional oversells but drymounting deal with it. That's part of the chase.
It was happening on every release despite an inventory deal thru paypal. I'd be refunding 10-25 (sometimes just a $10 shipping charge) on average and man does it make people mega-pissed! I felt like it had gone on so long that I had to something to fix it. I spoke with Mitch Putnam quite a bit about it along with other artists and they all really all recommended Shopify. If anyone has a minute to bullet out what makes Shopify lousy I'd certainly love to see it… thanks. I would directly address it with Rocket Society who made the site…
I dig Shopify as I said before. I feel like it gives bots less of an advantage, keeps it on an even playing field, and I'm familiar with it from other artists. Shopify has always treated me well. But I feel you on the oversells. Although anyone I've ever talked to who was refunded by you said you hooked it up. Keep killing it Todd!
veltri wrote:For me the only thing that needs fixing is getting the on-sale email earlier. Most times everything is sold out by the time it comes.
This is something I do agree with. I know a lot of people rely on artists giving a heads up on drops. With you sending out emails/posting on FB when the items drop, it's impossible to score a variant/small run print if that's what you rely on. If you're open to suggestions, I like when artists give a day or two heads up, and leave it open to a few hour window. So like say email on Wednesday saying x print will drop on Thursday between 2 to 4pm CST.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:10 pm

danielpmcauliffe wrote:I feel like it gives bots less of an advantage, keeps it on an even playing field
Codeblue wrote:Image
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jools
Art Expert

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Codeblue wrote:
danielpmcauliffe wrote:I feel like it gives bots less of an advantage, keeps it on an even playing field
Codeblue wrote:Image
jools wrote: is Spustard a thing yet?
"Just because you have Illustrator doesn't mean you are one." - VonDada
http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... oster.html
LadyGanglia
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:21 pm

danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:21 pm

I explained my reasoning before. I could very well be wrong, as I don't know fudge about bots, but all I know is that I'm much more successful on Spusta/Slater drops than I am on Emek.
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:12 am

Question for y'all. When does the new art of the week voting start? We're gonna try to make a push to nominate the lion art print, Nature of Belief, released last weekend at Flatstock, for AOTW. Wondering when we should start voting. Image
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:50 am

"We"? You, like, plan with a group of people what you want to win aotw?
fredo
Art God

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:30 am

It's the only way to defeat the commish menace.
just a foil for me today, thanks
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:37 am

earlgreytoast wrote:"We"? You, like, plan with a group of people what you want to win aotw?
A Slater fan FB group. And yes, only way to defeat the crazy Mondo peeps. You couldn't just answer my question?
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 am

Oh, look! EB now has it's own Super PAC's
I'm not someone else.
danielpmcauliffe
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:08 am

GoBluePanic wrote:Oh, look! EB now has it's own Super PAC's

Lol