Todd Slater Site Update

General art-related discussion.
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:24 pm

lapislazuli wrote:
ontheDL wrote:Geezus. Who shat in your cheerios, sunshine?
frieddumpling wrote:Image
Wtf is wrong with you two?
jmagee87 got what I meant and since it seems it wasn't very clear, he explained it in a different way to apruski03. And I thanked him for that. PERIOD.
End of the conversation.
Lol Sorry bud :notworthy:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:42 pm

That Todd Slater guy is pretty alright
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:01 pm

jmagee87 wrote:That Todd Slater guy is pretty alright
At least there's one worthwhile post in the last couple of pages. Looks good dude. :pint:
So it goes...
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:11 pm

are there any differences in the two peacocks besides the colors?
Like any different animals?
frieddumpling
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:23 pm

jmagee87 wrote:That Todd Slater guy is pretty alright
Gah damn those look good. :clap:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:33 pm

coborjobs2010 wrote:are there any differences in the two peacocks besides the colors?
Like any different animals?
I don't believe so
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 am

apruski03 wrote:Don't mean to sound upset, I just don't like pre-ordering in general, and having money tied up, and now the book probably won't arrive until the first or second week of November.
rent is due at the end of the month and he's got his whole bankroll tied up in a slater book :lol:
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:24 am

soupysound wrote:
apruski03 wrote:Don't mean to sound upset, I just don't like pre-ordering in general, and having money tied up, and now the book probably won't arrive until the first or second week of November.
rent is due at the end of the month and he's got his whole bankroll tied up in a slater book :lol:

He's waiting to release his framed Mini versions on ebay
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:24 pm

jojobadass wrote:
soupysound wrote:

He's waiting to release his framed Mini versions on ebay
:lol: :lol: :lol:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:47 pm

soupysound wrote:
I do?

Not really.

I guess I should have rephrased that when I buy things that are pre-order I kind of, you know, have expectations of said items shipping when they are supposed to ship. When I'm expecting to get a shipping notice in my email and instead I get a notice that it's getting pushed back 2 and a half weeks instead, I'm not exactly thrilled with that result.

I get stuff happens, and I'm not trying to get a refund or anything, it's just a matter of making a purchase under certain conditions and those conditions changing.

I mean if you bought a DVD from amazon and it says it will ship within 2 days, and you get an email saying it won't ship for 2 weeks, are you happy about that?

Forgive me for not jumping for joy about it. I made a little comment that got blown out of proportion. Didn't realize that anything that's not 100% positive on here somehow equates to me being an asshole.
fredo
Art God

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Internet Confucius say: when trapped in specious argument made by dopes- do not struggle. It only tightens up.
just a foil for me today, thanks
apruski03
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:01 pm

fredo wrote:Internet Confucius say: when trapped in specious argument made by dopes- do not struggle. It only tightens up.
Out of curiosity, what is this in reference to?

If me, I'd love to hear how I'm being dopey.

If not, sorry ha.
glenn1
Art Expert

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Not going to lie, I had to look up specious.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:11 pm

I agree that your original comment was blown out of proportion/taken the wrong way. I didn't think it was anything more than just saying "bummer" about the delay. But since then you've said some things i don't agree with at all. You can't apply the same expectations to art and the fulfillment of art products as you do mass produced commodities like your dvd example. Stamped in China for 15 cents a pop, rolled off the press in quantities that have 6 or 7 digits. Now sure, a book is a different distribution model than say a screenprint, but i feel the same applies. Just kick back and relax dude. You're gonna get the book. You're gonna enjoy the book. Is getting it a week earlier going to increase how much satisfaction you get from the final product? Not really. Just pour yourself a drink, light up, and chill. 8)
So it goes...
fredo
Art God

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 pm

iConfucius also say: comments made while defending against a false accusation are off-limits to nitpickers.
just a foil for me today, thanks