MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Can't believe I skipped this. New prints and built to spill. Sad
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
zefarrett
Art Freak

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:48 pm

phishstix101 wrote: Also, I don't recall Spusta using foil before, can anyone chime in on this?
He hasn't. I asked him about it because I was curious too. He said it was originally going to be on some really heavy sandpaper type paper and monolith said it was an absolute bitch to work with and it wasnt working. I think either them or dogfish head (since it was for them) then found the foil paper to use. Marq liked it a lot but said he didn't think a lot of his work would show well on the foil paper. So I don't know if it will become a staple. He said he didn't want to get foil crazy.

(ps- this is all from memory so I may be off on a part or two)
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:52 pm

Need that caravan.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:12 am

zefarrett wrote:
phishstix101 wrote: Also, I don't recall Spusta using foil before, can anyone chime in on this?
He hasn't. I asked him about it because I was curious too. He said it was originally going to be on some really heavy sandpaper type paper and monolith said it was an absolute bitch to work with and it wasnt working. I think either them or dogfish head (since it was for them) then found the foil paper to use. Marq liked it a lot but said he didn't think a lot of his work would show well on the foil paper. So I don't know if it will become a staple. He said he didn't want to get foil crazy.

(ps- this is all from memory so I may be off on a part or two)
Thanks dude! Works pretty nice on this one from the pics!
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:46 am

MillerTime04 wrote:Can't believe I skipped this. New prints and built to spill. Sad
I shouldn't have even opened the thread. :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:

That foil looks great, it's more of a prism look than most other foil papers.
I'm not someone else.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:25 am

That Caravan print is really cool. Hopefully he puts some more up for sale via lottery or whatever.
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:26 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:That Caravan print is really cool. Hopefully he puts some more up for sale via lottery or whatever.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:02 pm

He also had these smaller handbills that went with the foil or tan dogfish record print you got.
me owwww
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:11 pm

sweet stuff, good to see him doing some foils. thx for posting the pics
phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:17 pm

That's killer Z! Will trade you for Bourbon County Vanilla! :P
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:35 pm

with a foil label?! :P

I have some more pics of him doodling and stuff. I'll try to post in a bit.
me owwww
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 pm

zefarrett wrote:with a foil label?! :P

I have some more pics of him doodling and stuff. I'll try to post in a bit.
You're killing me dude! Congrats, you've got some great stuff in the last few weeks going back to the 5 birds array. :cheers:
I'm not someone else.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Here's a shot of him doodling for me and the final product. I knew exactly what I wanted. I get sworn into the maryland bar tomorrow and wanted to get the scales of justice with the fat bird on one side and the skinny bird on the other. I love it!!!

Wish I took more pictures of the day. There were some real cool things for sale. Mostly newer stuff. But variants and there was a new larger sized like 10x12 tasty tears. Some variants of the listening print, vegas wsp prints, a lot of gig variants, and a few older things.

I live streamed him doodling for a bit using the persicope app. So some of the folks who werent able to make it got to watch. Thought that was pretty damn cool.
me owwww
phishstix101
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Very cool Z!! Congrats on your exam as well!
morecoffee
Art Expert

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm

The line at DFH defied all time and space. We waited...and waited... and waited... but it never moved.
People kept coming out of the tent with prints but somehow the line never moved. I was able to meet Marq while waiting in line and got a picture with him, but I never made it to the end to try and buy anything.
I had to give up after two hours. I only had three hours at the event before I had to leave to get back home. My wife was taking my daughter to see Taylor Swift and it was guys night for me and my boys.

Those pictures are great, but look at the sweat on Marq's head. It was hot as Hell there. I felt really bad for him. When I bailed I popped my head in from the side of his tent to say "bye" and apologize for the heat.
He was beyond nice. He insisted I take a page from his sketch book before I left. He flipped through it and peeled out a sketch for me.
I hope I get the chance to meet him again...just a super nice guy. You see all of that that in his work.

There was an odd mix in the line- hardcore fans, high strung flippers, and people who were totally clueless as to why they were standing in the line. Honestly, the people behind me were in line because it was the longest line at the event.
They said they figured it must be for a good reason. I hope they were lying. Life is too short to get in a line because it's long. Congrats to those that were able to buy something. I asked to see what some of the people had bought when they walked out of the tent. The red WSP looked incredible. The foils were a huge surprise. I never thought I'd see any of Marq's work printed on foil. They look really cool. The best part though was the chance to meet the man, and I did manage that. Thanks Marq.
Oh, and the beer was awesome. Let's not forget about the beer.