Spusta Studio Store update

General art-related discussion.
thefiend5
Art Expert

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:42 am

FroDawg wrote:
thefiend5 wrote:is it safe to assume that blacks are usually rubber?

My black Lil Listeners feels different than normal but I cant freaking tell....sorry im a idiot :pint: :pint:
You got TWO packs? :shock:

:lol:
Oh well....you know....my uhhhhhhh wife....she uhhhhh really likes....uhhhhhhhhhh...well she scored

Oh screw it yah I got two. :) :pint:
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Got to work and found this waiting on my desk...

Green Shimmer, Chocolate Rubber, Lava Foil & Copper Shimmer.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks to those that got in touch about a white Dripples, all sorted out. Now, if someone has a gold one like below or a foil frog 3x3" you want to get rid of let me know

Edit: I also emailed the studio to see if there was a specific name for the paper my Lil Listeners came on since it hasn't been used before. There wasn't a specific name but the gnome and I thought it looked like Guiness beer sooo.......

.....Guiness Cosmos Foil is born!

I'm not someone else.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:59 pm

This is why I drymounting love Marq and his Gnomes. I chatted with them for a bit a few weeks ago and for the lotto that just closed, they are donating to the non-profit Im running my first half marathon for in October. Words can't express how thankful I am. :notworthy: :heart: :notworthy:
http://www.spustastash.com/getsomeart/
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
robgd420

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Wish I would of been into his artwork back then.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:01 pm

im just wondering, where is everyone getting the paper color names from? All of the prints with metallic shimmer are on stock stardream paper (it could be curious metallics, but i am 90% that it is stardream). Anyway, it is for sure beautiful paper and it does have some oddball names, but they dont match up with what people are calling them. That green in the shot above is either botanic or fairway in my thinking depending on if it is curios or stardream.

Anyway just thought i would ask, and thought this color guide might help folks:
http://www.lcipaper.com/stardream-color-family.html
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Spustards are just making this fudge up.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:07 pm

maddoghoek100 wrote:im just wondering, where is everyone getting the paper color names from? All of the prints with metallic shimmer are on stock stardream paper (it could be curious metallics, but i am 90% that it is stardream). Anyway, it is for sure beautiful paper and it does have some oddball names, but they dont match up with what people are calling them. That green in the shot above is either botanic or fairway in my thinking depending on if it is curios or stardream.

I emailed the studio to inquire about the name of the new cosmos foil I got this last round and they said they thought it was more fun to have the fans decide the names of the paper on the smaller prints. That's why you see "unicorn jizz" constantly now. I'm not really a fan of that one for numerous reasons. Also why you see the new horizontal textured paper still called denim too.

:cheers:
Last edited by GoBluePanic on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not someone else.
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:11 pm

well then that does explain it. when left to the masses we do end up with names like

boaty mcboatface

That said the stardream names are not that much better, Jupiter, lagoon, etc are not so useful when placing large paper orders unless you have the sample book and i have screwed up more than a time or two. ordered Ruby when in needed Jupiter.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:22 pm

maddoghoek100 wrote:well then that does explain it. when left to the masses we do end up with names like

boaty mcboatface

That said the stardream names are not that much better, Jupiter, lagoon, etc are not so useful when placing large paper orders unless you have the sample book and i have screwed up more than a time or two. ordered Ruby when in needed Jupiter.
:lol: Yeah, I was just glancing through there and it you weren't aware, it could cause you to think you may be color blind.
I'm not someone else.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:37 pm

I would totally order paper called Papery McPaperface.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:23 pm

maddoghoek100 wrote:im just wondering, where is everyone getting the paper color names from? All of the prints with metallic shimmer are on stock stardream paper (it could be curious metallics, but i am 90% that it is stardream). Anyway, it is for sure beautiful paper and it does have some oddball names, but they dont match up with what people are calling them. That green in the shot above is either botanic or fairway in my thinking depending on if it is curios or stardream.

I looked at that link you posted (I posted the green print above)... and it most certainly is not the fairway color... perhaps it could be the Curious Metallic Botanic... but would want to see them side by side. I just listed it as green shimmer, b/c that's what it looked like to me. Same with the Copper color.. same style of paper. Wasn't trying to give it a new name or anything
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm

:P
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:22 pm

o4phish20o wrote:
I looked at that link you posted (I posted the green print above)... and it most certainly is not the fairway color... perhaps it could be the Curious Metallic Botanic... but would want to see them side by side. I just listed it as green shimmer, b/c that's what it looked like to me. Same with the Copper color.. same style of paper. Wasn't trying to give it a new name or anything
here is a picture of botanic, 3rd from the right. i cant think of anyone out there doing this kind of paper that is not curious or stardream. Fun fact, curious and stardream are primarily marketed as wedding invitation paper, so it has that going for it.

and when you fold it up it looks like this:
fairy.jpg
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 pm

GoBluePanic wrote:Thanks to those that got in touch about a white Dripples, all sorted out. Now, if someone has a gold one like below or a foil frog 3x3" you want to get rid of let me know

Edit: I also emailed the studio to see if there was a specific name for the paper my Lil Listeners came on since it hasn't been used before. There wasn't a specific name but the gnome and I thought it looked like Guiness beer sooo.......

.....Guiness Cosmos Foil is born!

The Lil' Listeners paper appears to be what is commonly referred to as Chocolate Foil and has been used for other images. Is the back white?