Welker Studio Updates

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9729
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:site is terrible. it needs a system that when you go to check out, it is reserved for a certain amount of time.

i went for one of each and it would say that one of them is sold out... by the time i click continue, the other is sold out. I keep trying and finally i make it to the payment info page and finish my info... sold out.

does anyone know if paying by paypal is a better option?
big cartel was the last site to do this and now they stopped that. So those days of holding an item are basically over. And honestly, to everyone that "fears" bots, Im pretty sure big cartel is the worst place for that. All it takes is one bot to just scoop up everyone and make everyone wait 3 hours before one is unleashed.

A lot of ppl know me on here for a bit and I try to be as open and honest as possible.

I wrote this on one of David's forums but its been a pleasure working with him over the last two years and seeing this growth as an artist, reaching this much of an audience.

This is a small portion of today's sales.

Image

Congrats to everyone that scored one.
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5526
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Sign me up for one of the refunded ones
Image
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 618
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:site is terrible. it needs a system that when you go to check out, it is reserved for a certain amount of time.

i went for one of each and it would say that one of them is sold out... by the time i click continue, the other is sold out. I keep trying and finally i make it to the payment info page and finish my info... sold out.
Site isn't terrible - it's funny that Mondo uses the same platform, Shopify, and people are complaining that the system lets you reserve items for a certain amount of time. Now with BNG it's the opposite lol.

I also think the issue with you striking out is due to time wasted going for both at the same time. Should have went with your first choice then go back for the other since we all knew this drop was going to go fast.
Image
User avatar
bootstrut
Art Expert
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 pm

I added the foil to cart instantly and in Paypal it showed an item for $165. Maybe it double carted? I backed out several times and tried again and again. Then it sold out. Ugh
User avatar
Scottjohnston
Art Expert
Posts: 2535
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm all for that Shopify that doesn't "cart" your item for 5 mins like the Mondo apparently.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9729
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

stuckeyc wrote:Sign me up for one of the refunded ones

haha empty mailing tube otw

we realized what the issue with that is now..there was some trick that you add another item and it helps.

It doesnt.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

If you aren't showing the seconds, it doesn't mean anything.
Image
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:31 pm

I don't get it... mondo uses shopify don't they? Mondo only evaluates whether it is sold out when you go to check out, but by the time you get to the section where you enter your payment/shipping info, the item is yours for a certain amount of time unless you send it back.
Image
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks
acidburn wrote:
big cartel was the last site to do this and now they stopped that. So those days of holding an item are basically over. And honestly, to everyone that "fears" bots, Im pretty sure big cartel is the worst place for that. All it takes is one bot to just scoop up everyone and make everyone wait 3 hours before one is unleashed.

A lot of ppl know me on here for a bit and I try to be as open and honest as possible.

I wrote this on one of David's forums but its been a pleasure working with him over the last two years and seeing this growth as an artist, reaching this much of an audience.

This is a small portion of today's sales.

Congrats to everyone that scored one.
Thanks for being so open about everything. I think the butthurt here is an all-consuming disease, if someone misses it is always someone else's fault- the site, pre-sale, cart hoarding, etc.

Some people have trouble letting go and realizing that sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. I fail on any given number of drops each week, but it's not worth getting upset over. There will always be another. :pint:
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Foil was sold out before I even saw it at 1:01 EST. Then somehow I was able to cart both, go to PayPal, just to say that both were sold out. Then 5 min later, had the line art in my cart and had to adjust my billing address, and by the time i did that it was gone again.

i hate this carting system bullshit. I don't understand how it can be "sold out" and then be available again. Directions say even if it's in your cart, it doesn't guarantee you a poster. So if they're sold out, then you shouldn't be able to cart one 11 min later even if prints are in other people's carts trying to check out. It's messed up. Either they're sold out or they're not. Releasing one from your cart should have nothing to do with the inventory if you're not guaranteed one when carted. Just sayin'
elephan
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 pm

I meant to get Foil but got Line Art. PM me if any of you want this version. I might be able to get them to send it directly to you.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm

MrSubjective wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:site is terrible. it needs a system that when you go to check out, it is reserved for a certain amount of time.

i went for one of each and it would say that one of them is sold out... by the time i click continue, the other is sold out. I keep trying and finally i make it to the payment info page and finish my info... sold out.
Site isn't terrible - it's funny that Mondo uses the same platform, Shopify, and people are complaining that the system lets you reserve items for a certain amount of time. Now with BNG it's the opposite lol.

I also think the issue with you striking out is due to time wasted going for both at the same time. Should have went with your first choice then go back for the other since we all knew this drop was going to go fast.
i like the mondo system. I'm fine with having to continuously refresh and going back and hitting submit again.... but bottleneck makes you do the same thing, and then on top of that, you waste your time typing in your shipping/payment info... only to find out that it's sold out.

ps. yes i'm obviously steamed and i will probably bitch every time i miss a drop. but still... i want the system where i win.
Last edited by Whitey9457 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:33 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:Foil was sold out before I even saw it at 1:01 EST. Then somehow I was able to cart both, go to PayPal, just to say that both were sold out. Then 5 min later, had the line art in my cart and had to adjust my billing address, and by the time i did that it was gone again.

i hate this carting system bullshit. I don't understand how it can be "sold out" and then be available again. Directions say even if it's in your cart, it doesn't guarantee you a poster. So if they're sold out, then you shouldn't be able to cart one 11 min later even if prints are in other people's carts trying to check out. It's messed up. Either they're sold out or they're not. Releasing one from your cart should have nothing to do with the inventory if you're not guaranteed one when carted. Just sayin'
I hear it really gets the point across when you post the same bullshit in three different threads... just sayin'
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9729
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:I don't get it... mondo uses shopify don't they? Mondo only evaluates whether it is sold out when you go to check out, but by the time you get to the section where you enter your payment/shipping info, the item is yours for a certain amount of time unless you send it back.
its the same exact system as ours.

You can't go by the Horkey drop just because shopify was having issues and not speaking for Mondo but I can imagine they were as well.

In general though, if you can hit the add to cart button it means that an item is in limbo processing. Sometimes it doesn't go through. All we have learned from it. Josh scored a horkey by doing this
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:00 am
Location: NYC

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 pm

lsmith55 wrote:Thanks
acidburn wrote:
big cartel was the last site to do this and now they stopped that. So those days of holding an item are basically over. And honestly, to everyone that "fears" bots, Im pretty sure big cartel is the worst place for that. All it takes is one bot to just scoop up everyone and make everyone wait 3 hours before one is unleashed.

A lot of ppl know me on here for a bit and I try to be as open and honest as possible.

I wrote this on one of David's forums but its been a pleasure working with him over the last two years and seeing this growth as an artist, reaching this much of an audience.

This is a small portion of today's sales.

Congrats to everyone that scored one.
Thanks for being so open about everything. I think the butthurt here is an all-consuming disease, if someone misses it is always someone else's fault- the site, pre-sale, cart hoarding, etc.

Some people have trouble letting go and realizing that sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. I fail on any given number of drops each week, but it's not worth getting upset over. There will always be another. :pint:
says the guy who scored in this drop and WSP last week only to try and flip them. pretty sure you should just say nothing and be glad.
Post Reply