Welker Studio Updates

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:49 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:i think it just comes from alot of people who don't spend alot of their time as collectors. which is definitely a good thing.

they only have one thing like this band or this print, or this artist that means alot to them.

i get that excitement of grabbing a print you really really want.

but it really does take time and knowing what you want out of the hobby to not be upset if you don't score.

i kinda like having ISOs. fun little thing to track down. and if you wait long enough maybe you will get a really good deal.
For their concert prints Phish puts out run sizes of over 750 that sellout instantly for the 2 artists most closely tied to the band's history, Welker and Pollock. Either one of these artists fart anything Phish related and Phish fans gobble it up instantly. Just how it is.

Add to that the ever growing Welker Print community and people who couldn't care less about any of this stuff but realize this thus knew these were gonna flip and you get what u saw today. Welker could have added 500 more to the overall edition size and this was still gonna sellout in minutes
Raise your hand if you learned anything from the above. :tumbleweed:
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
bapaik
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:49 pm

soupysound wrote:**please keep sharing the welker group melts ... pure gold!

as for order numbers... welker had that foo fighters drop on the site so doubt maze started at 1,000. maybe 1,000 + whatever that foo fighters drop was? just a guess.
That's a good point, I guess it's an aggregate number for all sales.
MooseThompson
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 pm

bsharp wrote:Not super negative, but:

"Juror #8 (selection process, not actual trial or anything) had to make an “emergency trip” to the bathroom at 11:58am.

WiFi sucked so I missed, but I came back flushed and shaking so at least the rest of the courtroom thinks I had diarrhea."
That's actually pretty funny if true. Must have been a pretty liberal judge to excuse them to go to the bathroom during selection.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:20 pm

MooseThompson wrote:
bsharp wrote:Not super negative, but:

"Juror #8 (selection process, not actual trial or anything) had to make an “emergency trip” to the bathroom at 11:58am.

WiFi sucked so I missed, but I came back flushed and shaking so at least the rest of the courtroom thinks I had diarrhea."
That's actually pretty funny if true. Must have been a pretty liberal judge to excuse them to go to the bathroom during selection.
Reminds me of the time I wore my 'Pro Guns, Pro God, Pro Life' t shirt to jury duty and still got selected for a trial.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:21 pm

bryndavies wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:i think it just comes from alot of people who don't spend alot of their time as collectors. which is definitely a good thing.

they only have one thing like this band or this print, or this artist that means alot to them.

i get that excitement of grabbing a print you really really want.

but it really does take time and knowing what you want out of the hobby to not be upset if you don't score.

i kinda like having ISOs. fun little thing to track down. and if you wait long enough maybe you will get a really good deal.
For their concert prints Phish puts out run sizes of over 750 that sellout instantly for the 2 artists most closely tied to the band's history, Welker and Pollock. Either one of these artists fart anything Phish related and Phish fans gobble it up instantly. Just how it is.

Add to that the ever growing Welker Print community and people who couldn't care less about any of this stuff but realize this thus knew these were gonna flip and you get what u saw today. Welker could have added 500 more to the overall edition size and this was still gonna sellout in minutes
Raise your hand if you learned anything from the above. :tumbleweed:
Raise your hand if you feel better about yourself after putting someone down.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16216
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:26 pm

<raises hand>
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
mike123230
Art Expert
Posts: 5703
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

finneganm wrote:<raises hand>
eat a dick

<now raises hand>
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Image
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:30 pm

finneganm wrote:<raises hand>
Good, I'll gladly allow myself to be insulted if it makes someone feel better about themselves :pint:
User avatar
deadbolt1388
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 pm
Contact:

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
MooseThompson wrote:
bsharp wrote:Not super negative, but:

"Juror #8 (selection process, not actual trial or anything) had to make an “emergency trip” to the bathroom at 11:58am.

WiFi sucked so I missed, but I came back flushed and shaking so at least the rest of the courtroom thinks I had diarrhea."
That's actually pretty funny if true. Must have been a pretty liberal judge to excuse them to go to the bathroom during selection.
Reminds me of the time I wore my 'Pro Guns, Pro God, Pro Life' t shirt to jury duty and still got selected for a trial.
those are the people they want :rolling:
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6232
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:39 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
finneganm wrote:<raises hand>
Good, I'll gladly allow myself to be insulted if it makes someone feel better about themselves :pint:
Remember where you are?
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6232
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:42 pm

deadbolt1388 wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
MooseThompson wrote:
bsharp wrote:Not super negative, but:

"Juror #8 (selection process, not actual trial or anything) had to make an “emergency trip” to the bathroom at 11:58am.

WiFi sucked so I missed, but I came back flushed and shaking so at least the rest of the courtroom thinks I had diarrhea."
That's actually pretty funny if true. Must have been a pretty liberal judge to excuse them to go to the bathroom during selection.
Reminds me of the time I wore my 'Pro Guns, Pro God, Pro Life' t shirt to jury duty and still got selected for a trial.
those are the people they want :rolling:
Thought the same. Dressed as the ideal candidate. Luls.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:56 pm

bubbie wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
finneganm wrote:<raises hand>
Good, I'll gladly allow myself to be insulted if it makes someone feel better about themselves :pint:
Remember where you are?
Yes, the internet. The place where people dump their emotional baggage onto others because of the inherent convenient privacy it offers.

:lol:
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm

deadbolt1388 wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:
MooseThompson wrote:
bsharp wrote:Not super negative, but:

"Juror #8 (selection process, not actual trial or anything) had to make an “emergency trip” to the bathroom at 11:58am.

WiFi sucked so I missed, but I came back flushed and shaking so at least the rest of the courtroom thinks I had diarrhea."
That's actually pretty funny if true. Must have been a pretty liberal judge to excuse them to go to the bathroom during selection.
Reminds me of the time I wore my 'Pro Guns, Pro God, Pro Life' t shirt to jury duty and still got selected for a trial.
those are the people they want :rolling:
The city I lived in at the time was about as anti my shirt as it gets. Oh well, made a cool $8 for my efforts on the day!
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9493
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Something we are working on with David

Image
Post Reply