Welker Studio Updates

General art-related discussion.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:41 pm

acidburn wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:I don't get it... mondo uses shopify don't they? Mondo only evaluates whether it is sold out when you go to check out, but by the time you get to the section where you enter your payment/shipping info, the item is yours for a certain amount of time unless you send it back.
its the same exact system as ours.

You can't go by the Horkey drop just because shopify was having issues and not speaking for Mondo but I can imagine they were as well.

In general though, if you can hit the add to cart button it means that an item is in limbo processing. Sometimes it doesn't go through. All we have learned from it. Josh scored a horkey by doing this
Sorry I haven't been on here long enough to know handles or who is involved with what website... but I really don't think that the system is the same. If mondo asks me for my credit card info/shipping info, there is no chance it is going to say "SOLD OUT" when I'm done entering it. The only time it could say "SOLD OUT" is before you put it in the cart, or when you hit "CHECKOUT" but once you get to the checkout page, you're set as long as you don't take too long.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:43 pm

lsmith55 wrote:Thanks
acidburn wrote:
big cartel was the last site to do this and now they stopped that. So those days of holding an item are basically over. And honestly, to everyone that "fears" bots, Im pretty sure big cartel is the worst place for that. All it takes is one bot to just scoop up everyone and make everyone wait 3 hours before one is unleashed.

A lot of ppl know me on here for a bit and I try to be as open and honest as possible.

I wrote this on one of David's forums but its been a pleasure working with him over the last two years and seeing this growth as an artist, reaching this much of an audience.

This is a small portion of today's sales.

Congrats to everyone that scored one.
Thanks for being so open about everything. I think the butthurt here is an all-consuming disease, if someone misses it is always someone else's fault- the site, pre-sale, cart hoarding, etc.

Some people have trouble letting go and realizing that sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. I fail on any given number of drops each week, but it's not worth getting upset over. There will always be another. :pint:
well i could see if you do numerous drops every week, it is pretty standard to miss a few. and i could see you not caring much because it sounds like you do this for income? But when you only do a few drops a month/every couple of months because you like the poster, it might be a bigger deal each time you miss out.

end rant.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:
acidburn wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:I don't get it... mondo uses shopify don't they? Mondo only evaluates whether it is sold out when you go to check out, but by the time you get to the section where you enter your payment/shipping info, the item is yours for a certain amount of time unless you send it back.
its the same exact system as ours.

You can't go by the Horkey drop just because shopify was having issues and not speaking for Mondo but I can imagine they were as well.

In general though, if you can hit the add to cart button it means that an item is in limbo processing. Sometimes it doesn't go through. All we have learned from it. Josh scored a horkey by doing this
Sorry I haven't been on here long enough to know handles or who is involved with what website... but I really don't think that the system is the same. If mondo asks me for my credit card info/shipping info, there is no chance it is going to say "SOLD OUT" when I'm done entering it. The only time it could say "SOLD OUT" is before you put it in the cart, or when you hit "CHECKOUT" but once you get to the checkout page, you're set as long as you don't take too long.
this guy (Whitey9457) gets what i'm saying
matowest
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Some week, eh? :D
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm

matowest wrote:Some week, eh? :D
Glad though that in general for the most part the servers worked and didn't crash.

I'll respond to above when I'm at a comp
matowest
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 pm

acidburn wrote:
Glad though that in general for the most part the servers worked and didn't crash.

I saw no crash, so it's automatically better than both of last week's Welker drops. And I scored on none of them (including today's), so it's automatically equal to last week's Welker drops :D
MrSubjective
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Whitey9457 wrote: Sorry I haven't been on here long enough to know handles or who is involved with what website... but I really don't think that the system is the same. If mondo asks me for my credit card info/shipping info, there is no chance it is going to say "SOLD OUT" when I'm done entering it. The only time it could say "SOLD OUT" is before you put it in the cart, or when you hit "CHECKOUT" but once you get to the checkout page, you're set as long as you don't take too long.
Totally get what you're saying - it's just that the reserve process/system is turned off on BNG's site when you get to the billing page, whereas Mondo's lets you hold your item during the billing page. This happened to me last week for the Memphis Grrrl Shadow Variant. I got through to the billing page to enter my payment info, thinking sweet I scored, but when I click submit, I got cart-jacked.

Pretty sure Shopify gives stores an option whether to let people hold their stuff in their cart once they are in the billing page or not - and with BNG's case, you couldn't hold your item on the billing page. This also happened when I was purchasing some sneakers from Shopify stores couple months ago.
Last edited by MrSubjective on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:56 pm

acidburn wrote:

very true. we could all still be continuously refreshing i guess...
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 pm

MrSubjective wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote: Sorry I haven't been on here long enough to know handles or who is involved with what website... but I really don't think that the system is the same. If mondo asks me for my credit card info/shipping info, there is no chance it is going to say "SOLD OUT" when I'm done entering it. The only time it could say "SOLD OUT" is before you put it in the cart, or when you hit "CHECKOUT" but once you get to the checkout page, you're set as long as you don't take too long.
Totally get what you're saying - it's just that the reserve process/system is turned off on BNG's site when you get to the billing page, whereas Mondo's lets you hold your item during the billing page. This happened to me last week for the Memphis Grrrl Shadow Variant. I got through to the billing page to enter my payment info, thinking sweet I scored, but when I click submit, I got cart-jacked.

Pretty sure Shopify gives you an option whether to let people hold their stuff in their cart once they are in the billing page or not - and with BNG's case, you couldn't hold your item on the billing page. This also happened when I was purchasing some sneakers from Shopify stores couple months ago.

And don't you see how this basically just makes all of us potentially click in circles? You get the item in your cart and click checkout... while you're typing your info, I put it in my cart and hit checkout... then when you are done entering your credit card info, it is sold out because it is now in my cart... Then I go to checkout and you do the same...
time
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm

I have found that Joe, Josh and Arseny at BNG are some of the nicest and most helpful people in the gallery scene. I'm as frustrated as the next person (more so probably) when I fail at a drop (which happens far far more often than not...far far more often than not).

I think what we have all seen on some of the very popular drops at various galleries lately is that no system can really do a great job at making all of us happy. Maybe those who make the software should take note and we should direct our "suggestions" to them.

In the meantime, we should keep in mind that despite the frustration (which was the same as the Horkey drop on Mondo the other day) at being able to cart and then getting sold out on the check out screen, at least BNG's site stayed up and fulfilled orders. Are we forgetting the debacle of the Fantastic Mr. Fox drop where some of us waited around refreshing for 45 minutes, got an email saying the drop would be postponed, stopped refreshing because we trusted the email, and then learned that because we stopped refreshing the site was able to come back up and they let all the sales go through and it sold out? Now that's something to be upset about. And, even in that case, all of my past experiences with that gallery have been positive ones.

At the end of the day I just hope that those who actually wanted these to own and not to flip are able to get them without too much trouble and added expense some way. Thank you to David Welker for what I think (as a mega-Wonka fan) is one of the best Wonka prints I've seen yet. And thanks to BNG (Joe, Arseny & Josh) for being so responsive and always being so willing to go above and beyond for their patrons. :D
Last edited by time on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YellowBedwetter
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Right! If there's no inventory, then you shouldn't be able to add it to your cart in the first place. Just carting it doesn't guarantee you anything (which is what the site dictates).

But going through checkout and getting to paypal and pressing pay then saying "sold out" is what pisses me off. Once you get into checkout, it should be yours.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:04 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:Right! If there's no inventory, then you shouldn't be able to add it to your cart in the first place. Just carting it doesn't guarantee you anything (which is what the site dictates).

But going through checkout and getting to paypal and pressing pay then saying "sold out" is what pisses me off. Once you get into checkout, it should be yours.
:iagree:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 pm

YellowBedwetter wrote:Right! If there's no inventory, then you shouldn't be able to add it to your cart in the first place. Just carting it doesn't guarantee you anything (which is what the site dictates).

I honestly advise not to go through paypal. It seems thats the main complaint im seeing.

Try using the other checkout function next time around? Maybe thatll help?

Also, there is no option, it's the same for all shopify accounts and the way the carting system was developed by shopify. We have no ability to change it or choose "carting options"
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:15 pm

acidburn wrote:it's the same for all shopify accounts and the way the carting system was developed by shopify.
Not really.