Welker Studio Updates

General art-related discussion.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:18 pm

brewdog123 wrote:
bsharp wrote:Does anybody know if the letterpresses shipped flat? If so, would that mean the sets will be shipped flat too?

letterpress will definitely be shipped flat
False - none of these are being shipped flat. Sets will be shipped together in 1 tube (confirmed by bng)
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:19 pm

cotis wrote:Maze test print shipping notification :drool:

LIES!!
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:22 pm

cotis wrote:Maze test print shipping notification :drool:
Least we know what you used your Golden Ticket on.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:57 pm

Screen print shipping notification :banana:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
Browntrout
EB Team

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Screen print shipping notification :banana:
Congratulations Rick...!

ISO any Maze edition.
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Screen print shipping notification :banana:
Same here!

Can't wait to see this beauty!!

:notworthy:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:59 pm

These turned out beautifully. Wishing I hadn't completely whiffed on the drop. The screen print is looking especially choice. Kudos to Ben on the quality print job. :clap: Letterpress looks pretty impressive too, considering how hard it is to maintain that much fine detail with high fidelity using that technique. Congrats to folks who have these rolling in. Interested to see how you choose to frame them.
So it goes...
piper27
Art Expert

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Those 1/1 screen prints look so sick damn Ben is the man
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:30 pm

brewdog123 wrote:
bsharp wrote:Does anybody know if the letterpresses shipped flat? If so, would that mean the sets will be shipped flat too?

letterpress will definitely be shipped flat
This time around David chose a different paper that made it possible to roll. Like obeys prints
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Obey hasn't been rolling their letterpresses lately. At least not the small ones. It takes much longer to flatten them when rolled. They did roll that bigger one recently and it took longer to flatten. Who prints the Welker LPs?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:42 pm

Codeblue wrote:. Who prints the Welker LPs?
I believe Half and Half
So it goes...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:Obey hasn't been rolling their letterpresses lately. At least not the small ones. It takes much longer to flatten them when rolled. They did roll that bigger one recently and it took longer to flatten. Who prints the Welker LPs?
Yea half and half and hasn’t been an issue flattening here. Just like a normal print
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 pm

acidburn wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Obey hasn't been rolling their letterpresses lately. At least not the small ones. It takes much longer to flatten them when rolled. They did roll that bigger one recently and it took longer to flatten. Who prints the Welker LPs?
Yea half and half and hasn’t been an issue flattening here. Just like a normal print
Test rolled them?

I will say, I was concerned when Phlegm's print showed up in a tube. It ultimately flattened for me and was ok, but it took a while, and appeared like it might have had roll damage at first glance. Just seems like a small piece with thick paper, it's safer to send flat. Can't speak for everyone, but if I'd managed to pick up a set, I'd be more than happy to pay the additional shipping costs to have the LP sent separate, flat. Was that an option if anyone requested it?
So it goes...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:32 am

mfaith wrote:
acidburn wrote:
Test rolled them?

I will say, I was concerned when Phlegm's print showed up in a tube. It ultimately flattened for me and was ok, but it took a while, and appeared like it might have had roll damage at first glance. Just seems like a small piece with thick paper, it's safer to send flat. Can't speak for everyone, but if I'd managed to pick up a set, I'd be more than happy to pay the additional shipping costs to have the LP sent separate, flat. Was that an option if anyone requested it?
Yep test rolled both and each were fine. As mentioned above, David's print is not on thick paper and also not small. If it was anything like his past letterpress prints we would have shipped flat like we always do. I thank you for your advice, but there shouldn't be any need for concern or to charge people extra money. If there ever was an issue, we would have no problem taking care of it.

In regards to Phlegm's prints, Phlegm let us know it was ok to roll because he has done so in the past with his prints. Yes it probably took a little to flatten it but I mean thats normal for most prints in this hobby. if there was any sort of waviness it was probably due to the press. We didn't receive any problems with that shipment and looked like everyone loved it when they kept taking pics.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:16 am

Alright, well it's good to know nobody had any issues.
So it goes...