Canadian EB Forum Member?

General art-related discussion.
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 pm

pj101ca wrote:Funny because it's true...

http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/02/07/toro ... da-laughs/
The reason why it gets bad here is because its a higher population city, hence more people on the road, leading to more accidents. The snow isnt that bad, about a foot, only shoveled once today. It's just idiots don't know how to deal with it, like the guy on my street getting his smart car stuck.

Another point is that we have such a diverse city, with thousands of immigrants who are seeing their first real snowfall, making it hard on them having no prior experience.

But yes, Torontonians over-react to light snowfall, can't deny that, but from what i've seen from my friends and people i've talked to, its a minority that makes us look bad
pj101ca
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Gundam wrote:but from what i've seen from my friends and people i've talked to, its a minority that makes us look bad
Doing things like calling in the military to help with clean up after a snowfall makes you look really bad too :)
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm

pj101ca wrote:
Gundam wrote:but from what i've seen from my friends and people i've talked to, its a minority that makes us look bad
Doing things like calling in the military to help with clean up after a snowfall makes you look really bad too :)

Haha, hence the minority, damn mayor ruining it for us.

We get the worst mayors...
antiyou
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 pm

It's not just snow, any change in weather sends Toronto for a loop. I travel the 401 about twice a week to Toronto and whether it changes from sunny to rain, rain to sun, rain to snow... whatever, people lose their fudge it T.

Our immigration and Drivers license policy is a drymounting joke. Every immigrant should have to take drivers ed. You may be an awesome driver in Korea or India but you're a drymounting nuisance and frankly a danger to society here.

I have no problem with diversity, just take a drymounting driving course and stay the hell out of the left lane when you drive 90km/h.

To be fair, I'm sure I'd be a huge moron if I tried to drive in Korea/India/China.
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm

antiyou wrote:It's not just snow, any change in weather sends Toronto for a loop. I travel the 401 about twice a week to Toronto and whether it changes from sunny to rain, rain to sun, rain to snow... whatever, people lose their fudge it T.

Our immigration and Drivers license policy is a drymounting joke. Every immigrant should have to take drivers ed. You may be an awesome driver in Korea or India but you're a drymounting nuisance and frankly a danger to society here.

I have no problem with diversity, just take a drymounting driving course and stay the hell out of the left lane when you drive 90km/h.
You probably saw how bad traffic was yesterday, was heading home when it just started snowing..what usually take 10 mins, took 50..for drymounts sake. At least they closed off a lot of places to keep people away from the roads
pj101ca
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:34 pm

antiyou wrote:
I like where this thread is going!

Don't get me started on the god damn Quebecers!!! :)
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Quebecois.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
antiyou
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Gundam wrote:
antiyou wrote:It's not just snow, any change in weather sends Toronto for a loop. I travel the 401 about twice a week to Toronto and whether it changes from sunny to rain, rain to sun, rain to snow... whatever, people lose their fudge it T.

You probably saw how bad traffic was yesterday, was heading home when it just started snowing..what usually take 10 mins, took 50..for drymounts sake. At least they closed off a lot of places to keep people away from the roads
If I can't make it out of the city by 2:30 pm going west, I just go to a timmys and have a coffee, then go have dinner and wait til 7ish before I leave. Nothing like a 1.5 hr drive taking 3-4hrs. I realize I am wasting more time doing that but at least I'm not cursing and swearing at all the drymounting idiots weaving in and out. gas, brake, honk, gas, brake, honk, brake, honk, honk etc.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:38 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
separatists
fixed
antiyou
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:38 pm

pj101ca wrote:
antiyou wrote:
I like where this thread is going!

Don't get me started on the god damn Quebecers!!! :)
Seriously though... My buddy lived in S Korea for a while and married a Korean girl. When she got here, she had to show her Korean DL and they issued a CDN DL. WTF!!!!!!!
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:45 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Quebecois.
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT
JohnnyThunder
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Allo! Pretty bad snow storm we got here in toronto today eh?..
HandyPlan
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm

JohnnyThunder wrote:Allo! Pretty bad snow storm we got here in toronto today eh?..
It hit us here in London too--work called, gave me the day off.
JohnnyThunder
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

HandyPlan wrote:
JohnnyThunder wrote:Allo! Pretty bad snow storm we got here in toronto today eh?..
It hit us here in London too--work called, gave me the day off.
Ya im pretty sure being at home right now is the best thing! Unfortunately thats not the case for me. :x - Stuck at work until 7! FML
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:31 pm

demetrios wrote:nova scotia be where i live!
Me too.
HandyPlan wrote:I'm in Ontario, a couple of hours from Toronto. My wife wants to move to Newfoundland. I actively delay her efforts.
NFLD kicks ass. Have you ever visited?