Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Man, I want a Stout Star Wars set so bad.
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

iambillyg wrote:Man, I want a Stout Star Wars set so bad.
Yeah, I've decided they'll be out of my price range for forever...oh well, unless I sell off some of my props to get a set.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote:The Dark Knight = PG-13...rating doesn't 100% matter if the story is good and the movie is well done!
I agree, but Batman is Batman and Prometheus is basically Alien. I don't know if Alien would have been the same if it was not R. I know Prometheus has not come out yet and we do not know everything, but I am just basing my thoughts on the trailer. I hope that it is good either way!
Just a dude collecting paper
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am

darkturkish wrote:
MovieManJeff1012 wrote:The Dark Knight = PG-13...rating doesn't 100% matter if the story is good and the movie is well done!
I agree, but Batman is Batman and Prometheus is basically Alien. I don't know if Alien would have been the same if it was not R. I know Prometheus has not come out yet and we do not know everything, but I am just basing my thoughts on the trailer. I hope that it is good either way!
Gotta agree with you, I hope that Prometheus is good, but I hope they didn't dumb it down due to the rating, I hate when studios force an obvious R movie down to PG-13. Grrrrrr....
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 am

I get what you are saying...there is a certain level of gore that goes with an Alien movie that is not expected from a superhero flick. I honestly would prefer an R rating, but Live Free or Die Hard was a good example too. I thought that movie was going to absolute garbage with a PG-13 rating, but actually the rating didn't really effect the movie.

That said, Alien minus chest bursters and acid melting skin is no Alien :)
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
blog
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 am

vtswordfish wrote:
Yeah, I've decided they'll be out of my price range for forever...oh well, unless I sell off some of my props to get a set.

I got my set for $50!

The $50 I used to buy my Inglourious Basterds :(
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:11 am

blog wrote:
vtswordfish wrote:

I got my set for $50!

Haha yeah that's what I mean, unless I score something I can kind of trade-up with it seems like I won't score a set. Heck I'd be happy just to get the ANH or ESB Stouts by themselves and I'd be happy.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:11 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote:I get what you are saying...there is a certain level of gore that goes with an Alien movie that is not expected from a superhero flick. I honestly would prefer an R rating, but Live Free or Die Hard was a good example too. I thought that movie was going to absolute garbage with a PG-13 rating, but actually the rating didn't really effect the movie.

That said, Alien minus chest bursters and acid melting skin is no Alien :)
I agree with Live Free or Die Hard. I was skeptical going in because of the rating and I ended up enjoying myself despite the fact that it wasn't rated R
Just a dude collecting paper
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:14 am

Two examples I can think of was the sequel to Pitch Black, a Riddick movie without the R rating is just not the same, sounds like the next one is going for a hard R rating though, that's what I like to hear. I heard they were going to make the next Expendables a Pg-13 (due to chuck norris perhaps? ha), but sounds like they're going back to R last I heard?
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 am

blog wrote:
vtswordfish wrote:

I got my set for $50!

3 posters > 1.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 am

blog wrote:
vtswordfish wrote:
I got my set for $50!

That sucks! I want IB too. But I'd trade anything in my collection for a set.
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:16 am

rmoore wrote: 3 posters > 1.
I've got 3 posters for one SW Stout...heh
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:18 am

I trade my Moss Zelda Reg & Var, Mario Reg & Var, for the Stout Star Wars, Ansin Wolfman, Wretched Hive Reg & Var and a couple others...was skeptical about my decision at first, but after I received the prints, I was really happy with all of them. The Stout SW is awesome as is the Ansin Wolfman!!!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:21 am

I know a lot of people are Stout haters, say his posters are too cluttered, etc. but I love his stuff. I like that you can look at his posters and the different characters and scenes remind you of the movie so well. I only have the Stout CA right now, absolutely love that thing, such an underrated print. I really want his Iron Man 2, I have a space on my wall next to the Stout CA and KT Thor to put it at, and have a Mark V helmet to put under it like I have my other props beneath the other posters

Heck if they'd done a poster for the Norton Hulk movie I'd even get some hulk hands and have them look like they were coming through the wall. hah
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 am

vtswordfish wrote:I know a lot of people are Stout haters, say his posters are too cluttered, etc. but I love his stuff. I like that you can look at his posters and the different characters and scenes remind you of the movie so well. I only have the Stout CA right now, absolutely love that thing, such an underrated print. I really want his Iron Man 2, I have a space on my wall next to the Stout CA and KT Thor to put it at, and have a Mark V helmet to put under it like I have my other props beneath the other posters

Heck if they'd done a poster for the Norton Hulk movie I'd even get some hulk hands and have them look like they were coming through the wall. hah
Based on the early reviews, I expect them to fast track a Hulk movie ASAP. Most reviewers say he's the best character in the movie and that Ruffalo is much better than Norton. I will believe it when I see it, but that came from more than one person.