Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:19 pm

RomanMorales wrote:Star Wars is the worlds highest grossing work print.
This
FlapJack
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Let's move from Star Wars to Star Trek.

This week's release?

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2011/0 ... -to-debut/
trek.jpg
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 pm

another week i can leave my wallet alone. yuck.
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 pm

ioioos wrote:But if we are taling about keeping the originals authentic, then they shouldn't get the blue ray treatment.

Lucas isn't altering the master, he's making a copy.
I'm not sure why a blu ray original trilogy wouldn't be authentic?

I don't consider the 4K remaster of North by Northwest or The Godfather to be inauthentic. They just better capture the original theatrical experience at home.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 pm

"Fans who enjoy the Mondo posters as well as Star Trek: Voyager will be happy to hear about several new posters to be offered tomorrow by Mondo.

The three posters, created by Craig Drake, feature Seven of Nine in her familiar catsuit and as a Borg member.

The first poster, The Gift, features Seven of Nine in the catsuit that she wore after being separated from the Borg collective.

The second poster, Scorpion Part II, shows a somewhat Borg Seven of Nine.

The third poster shows both of the Seven of Nines from the other two posters now facing one another.

The Gift and Scorpion Part II will be offered in a hand-numbered, limited-edition run of 130 sets, with a cost of $85.00 for both posters. The poster with both Seven of Nines will have a limited run of 145 posters and will sell for $65.00 each.

At some random time tomorrow, the posters will go on sale. Interested buyers should follow @MondoNews for the “on sale now” announcement that will appear when the posters are available for purchase.

Click on each thumbnail image to see a larger-sized photo of the posters."
juanbobo808
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:47 pm

kannibaliztik wrote:another week i can leave my wallet alone. yuck.
+1, god that's ugly
blog
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Well i'm a Patrick Nagel fan, and I do like star trek, but not Voyager. Will pass on these.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:48 pm

eurgh.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:51 pm

kannibaliztik wrote:another week i can leave my wallet alone
same here
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:51 pm

dylansdad wrote:"Fans who enjoy the Mondo posters as well as Star Trek: Voyager will be happy to hear about several new posters to be offered tomorrow by Mondo.

The three posters, created by Craig Drake, feature Seven of Nine in her familiar catsuit and as a Borg member.

The first poster, The Gift, features Seven of Nine in the catsuit that she wore after being separated from the Borg collective.

The third poster shows both of the Seven of Nines from the other two posters now facing one another.

The Gift and Scorpion Part II will be offered in a hand-numbered, limited-edition run of 130 sets, with a cost of $85.00 for both posters. The poster with both Seven of Nines will have a limited run of 145 posters and will sell for $65.00 each.

At some random time tomorrow, the posters will go on sale. Interested buyers should follow @MondoNews for the “on sale now” announcement that will appear when the posters are available for purchase.

This was at SDCC, right?
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:53 pm

We've been watching the regular versions of the Comic Con releases gradually appear online over the last two months. Still waiting for Planet of the Apes!!

:drool:

The "uncut" poster with both Sevens was at SDCC. The individual pairs should be new, as far as I know.
itschris
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:54 pm

PorkBelly wrote:
dylansdad wrote:"Fans who enjoy the Mondo posters as well as Star Trek: Voyager will be happy to hear about several new posters to be offered tomorrow by Mondo.

This was at SDCC, right?
yeah, the only one that was at SDCC was both seven of nines not the sets. Thank god not disney or something like that...my wallet was hurting after the mmm massacre hahah
Codeblue wrote:That might be one of the stupidest, most irresponsible things I've ever read.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:56 pm

As much as I would have loved to finally see Frankenstein go up for sale this week, it's a bit of a relief to be passing on a Mondo drop after working out deals for all six MMM screenings next month. My wallet needed a day off.

I have picked up most of the classic Trek prints, but I can safely skip anything from Voyager or the other spinoffs.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:57 pm

KrashKontrol wrote:God, I just hope the bearded one doesn't screw around with Howard the Duck. :roll:
Say it correctly. It isn't "bearded one", it's "Jabba neck". His films get worse the fatter his neck gets. The dumb drymount should just release both versions, not just the watered down for the Saturday morning cartoon aged crowd. Do they even have Saturday morning cartoons anymore?

They are his films, he can alter them as he wishes, but throw those of us a bone that initially made him a very, very, very rich man. If it wasn't for us, he couldn't have made the worthless prequel trilogy. Seriously, what did we learn from the prequels? Lets see...

Midichlorians (I don't know how to spell that word, and I don't care) are responsible for the force. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!
Fett is a clone. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!
But, but.. there was Darf maul, and , and General Gweevious, and and wobots saying woger woger! Well, the prequels sure as hell didn't have a "I am your father" moment now did they. Lets see they had a "I hate sand" moment and a "I have the high ground" moment. Really, "I have the high ground". I am supposed to be drymounting stupid enough to think the high ground means jack fudge after these two have been fighting on floating rocks on a raging lava flow? SERIOUSLY?! The prequels are CGI horse fudge compared to the OT.

In other words, the prequels added absolutely nothing of substance to the THE TRILOGY. Nothing. Nothing but shiny flashy CGI lights. Oh wait, I forgot...Vader made 3PO. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! giggle.

Lucas reminds me of an insecure weakling, trying too hard to correct his flaws. The more he tries, the worse the flaws appear.

I have a very bad feeling that I will be angry after I watch the prequel for The Thing. If it doesn't end with the husky running off in the distance and the Norwegians firing up the rotors with the 2 quick bass beats of the original sound track.... Bad things, man. Bad things.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 pm

ioioos wrote:But if we are taling about keeping the originals authentic, then they shouldn't get the blue ray treatment.
Huh?! Blu-ray has lower resolution than the original film stock.