Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:07 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:Has anyone done a decent Dawn of the Dead print? I'm shocked such a big cult movie is still printless. :/
They should be doing one in the Zack Synder series.
I'd love a poster for the real Dawn of the Dead.
changethethought
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

MastaMonk wrote:
dirkadirka wrote:Team Quality Films will return with a vengeance once Ansin's Conan drops...then you will hear the lamentation of Team JP.
drymount yea!
Dude if they drop an Ansin Conan print I will drop a load in my pants. I was obsessed with that movie as a kid.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 pm

changethethought wrote:Dude if they drop an Ansin Conan print I will drop a load in my pants. I was obsessed with that movie as a kid.
No if, only a matter of when.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:16 pm

About time for this week's release info I reckon.
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:16 pm

emac wrote:
jackburton wrote:
charter wrote:BTTF already has a lot of prints. Do we really need a series???
Your right. There has been alot of BTTF prints. BUT...A Stout BTTF set would be awesome.
:drool:
There have been a lot of BTTF-themed prints, but none done in the style of a poster advertising the film -- they were all prints with references to the films instead. I would like to see a one-sheet style "movie poster" for any of the films. If there were a Stout trilogy set for BTTF then maybe the hubby would finally let me hang my SW set -- he could hang three BTTF Stouts, and I could hang three SW Stouts. ;)
Agreed (and not just because it's my favorite film). As cool as artists like Tong's Welcome to Hill Valley and Vote for George prints were (just like with the SW run with its Wretched Hive, etc), it's the theatrical poster(s) that get me really excited.

That said, concerning the JP series, I'd love to have McCarthy do a wonderful jungle scene featuring the visitors center (similar to the early concept drawings) or have an amusing "Raptors Attack!" scene by Ryan.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 pm

PorkBelly wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:Has anyone done a decent Dawn of the Dead print? I'm shocked such a big cult movie is still printless. :/
Yeah, the one that is fun the entire time, not the one that sucks after 10 minutes.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I think we need more John Hughes movies done. Anyone up for a set of Vacation prints?
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:22 pm

zombiedictator wrote:
PorkBelly wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Yeah, the one that is fun the entire time, not the one that sucks after 10 minutes.
I will always prefer the original but i didn't think Snyder's remake was that bad really.
Shak13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:26 pm

They tried to do one for a Rolling Roadshow years ago with Rhys Cooper. The rights fell through and the posters were never printed.
Sadly I live about 2 minutes away from The Monroeville mall where they shot the movie and where the screening was to take place.
I was really bummed. I'd love to see this get printed some day, though.

Here is a pic of the artwork that Cooper did. It is super sweet. All handrawn, but looks like photographs:
DOTD_Fin.jpg
When it all comes down to it, it's just paper.
emac
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Diesmos wrote:
emac wrote:There have been a lot of BTTF-themed prints, but none done in the style of a poster advertising the film -- they were all prints with references to the films instead. I would like to see a one-sheet style "movie poster" for any of the films. If there were a Stout trilogy set for BTTF then maybe the hubby would finally let me hang my SW set -- he could hang three BTTF Stouts, and I could hang three SW Stouts. ;)
Agreed (and not just because it's my favorite film). As cool as artists like Tong's Welcome to Hill Valley and Vote for George prints were (just like with the SW run with its Wretched Hive, etc), it's the theatrical poster(s) that get me really excited.

That said, concerning the JP series, I'd love to have McCarthy do a wonderful jungle scene featuring the visitors center (similar to the early concept drawings) or have an amusing "Raptors Attack!" scene by Ryan.
I second "Raptors Attack!" by Ryan. :lol: Hilarity could ensue. And if a JP series concludes without a piece by McCarthy, then Mondo is doing it wrong. (And I know, I know -- McCarthy floods the world with prints, but he really is great with dinosaurs and is perfect for a JP series, for chrissakes.)
spankman
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Mondo Guy pleeeease. I need mondo news like and old, dying and suffering dog needs to be put down.....Damn Im starting to sound like the crackhead in Menace 2 Society.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Shak13 wrote:
They tried to do one for a Rolling Roadshow years ago with Rhys Cooper. The rights fell through and the posters were never printed.
Sadly I live about 2 minutes away from The Monroeville mall where they shot the movie and where the screening was to take place.

Here is a pic of the artwork that Cooper did. It is super sweet. All handrawn, but looks like photographs:
DOTD_Fin.jpg
I thought was a James Rheem Davis' print, no?
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:33 pm

black7towr wrote:I think we need more John Hughes movies done. Anyone up for a set of Vacation prints?
i would love a set of vacation prints...but check out jeff boyes' recent print of clark griswold if you haven't already...pretty priceless!
mgiatrakos
Art Expert

spankman wrote:Mondo Guy pleeeease. I need mondo news like and old, dying and suffering dog needs to be put down.....Damn Im starting to sound like the crackhead in Menace 2 Society.
i got these cheeseburgers man
Shak13
Art Connoisseur

adamsmasher wrote:
Shak13 wrote:
They tried to do one for a Rolling Roadshow years ago with James Rheem Davis. The rights fell through and the posters were never printed.

DOTD_Fin.jpg
I thought was a James Rheem Davis' print, no?
Yes you are right. My memory is a bit off. Sorry about that. Fixed.
When it all comes down to it, it's just paper.