Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:57 pm

jlewis6159 wrote:Does anybody else feel a little underwhelmed by the guest list? I'm not trying to be negative or anything, just wondering if everyone here thinks it'll be worth the $140 that it's gonna cost to go with a friend?

Not me. Hit it out of the park already. But those guys are in my wheel house. Amazing illustrators. :drool:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:05 pm

question out of the blue for you folks that can attend the mondo gallery shows...

do they consistently have food behind the counters or the people touching the prints are eating?

second print in a row with a big ol' fat greasy fingerprint.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:06 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:question out of the blue for you folks that can attend the mondo gallery shows...

do they consistently have food behind the counters or the people touching the prints are eating?

No food...but tons of beer
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:06 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:question out of the blue for you folks that can attend the mondo gallery shows...

I've seen it at one show. They had pizza at the LD show and I know it was an issue with a few prints
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:12 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:

I've seen it at one show. They had pizza at the LD show and I know it was an issue with a few prints
Super Variant Rehydrated Pizza LD B2TF2!!!!
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:13 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:

Nerd World Problems.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Happened at the Disney show.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:19 pm

Kramerica wrote:Happened at the Disney show.
Forgot about that.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:24 pm

To answer your question, with a question. Did you have a PB or get the print via a drop?

I've never seen food that was provided by Mondo inside the gallery besides during the GOT show VIP. Only thing they ever provide is beer. I would imagine who ever your PB is, is probably just messy and was eating when they rolled the print Ma\ybe it was someone at D&L that was eating when they were packing the prints up.....Or finally it might be the artist when they come in to sign all the prints, they are there for hours so they might bring food in.
Last edited by jeter0204 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:26 pm

first one was via a drop. though it was a gallery show print. this one was purchased saturday at the gallery.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:29 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:first one was via a drop. though it was a gallery show print. this one was purchased saturday at the gallery.
No clue then, they might eat at the shipping place. I can't imagine any of the Mondo people working the gallery eating though when handling the prints.

Sucks, regardless of the situation
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:30 pm

jeter0204 wrote:

To answer your question, with a question. Did you have a PB or get the print via a drop?

I've never seen food that was provided by Mondo inside the gallery besides during the GOT show VIP. Only thing they ever provide is beer. I would imagine who ever your PB is, is probably just messy and was eating when they rolled the print Ma\ybe it was someone at D&L that was eating when they were packing the prints up.....Or finally it might be the artist when they come in to sign all the prints, they are there for hours so they might bring food in.
Dude you were at the gallery where they had the pizza party IIRC. I'm pretty sure it was LD but it could have been Disney
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:34 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:

Dude you were at the gallery where they had the pizza party IIRC. I'm pretty sure it was LD but it could have been Disney
Disney they did, heck they had Ice Cream at the 2nd Adventure Time show. Nothing would surprise me with people, seen it windy with print flapping all over the place, enough to make you sick.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:37 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:

It might have been Disney that next day for the kids party, they had all kinds of food. I don't remember there being Pizza at an opening though, unless it was on the patio and I didn't see it.
ImageImageImage
jmagee87
Art Expert

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:38 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:

I was at LD and don't remember pizza at all
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.