Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
dasher12
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
Flimby wrote:yeah i know
i think the whalens would be cool as a kids series
send them a frame and then they can switch out the same size prints every month or whatever

yes. i am an enabler.
In my son's room (he's 3) we've got a couple 24x36 and 18x24 frames on his walls. Once every couple of weeks he goes through the flat file (he's got his own drawer) and picks out "new" posters to display. His current favorites are Brad Klausen's TRON, Jay Ryan's Honey Badger and Alex Pardee's Basket Case (he calls Belial "Huggie Monster"). At one point he had Stout's Big Trouble in Little China up in there but he wanted to change it out because "the lady's fingernails were way too long". I score him all these totally age appropriate posters and print him one-offs of stuff he likes all the time but he goes nuts over the heavy hitters. Little monkey tried to tell me all my DRAN posters were going in his room because they have kids in them :)
Classic Jaiden! I think he is on his way to being a collector just like his dad!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Rainbolt wrote:I just have to say that It was really cool meeting a lot of fellow Ebeaners last night and really cool getting a chance to meet Tyler And Sarah Stout in person.
I don't remember everyone's name but last night I was hanging out with CrustaR, LLA and was able to meet daviddelgadoh, thekharmainitiative, Emac and lot of other very cool people.

To those that didn't make it, I truly am sorry, I wont rub it in anymore, there will be more after hearing what Justin had to say. But I wanted to say thanks to all that came out and had a cupcake with Tyler Stout, Rob Jones, Todd Slater and Kevin Tong and enjoyed a cool movie and snatched up a very cool print of AKIRA.

And thank you to the Mondo Team, Lisa, Justin and the rest for keeping this super secret and not letting this get out of control or as Justin put it "a NO Black Friday at Walmart scramble". (Even Tyler threw me off the track of him being there by saying he never gets out of his house and one day he would like to meet his fans in recent emails)

Oh and MONDO and the Draft House PUNKED us all ! with making us think we where watching the MASK for the first 3 mins and Justin rolls up and says "You'all just got Punked !"

To all those in the standby line I was in my own world after I got into the theater, but I hope you all made it, I talked to who I could that I knew could at least try to help.

I had a blast and wont forget anyone I met last night.
this sounds like an amazing experience..i wish i pulled the trigger and bought the movie tickets. Always wanted to me Tyler. I talk to him on email from time to time. So humble and he is my favorite artist hands down.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Rainbolt wrote:I just have to say that It was really cool meeting a lot of fellow Ebeaners last night and really cool getting a chance to meet Tyler And Sarah Stout in person.
I don't remember everyone's name but last night I was hanging out with CrustaR, LLA and was able to meet daviddelgadoh, thekharmainitiative, Emac and lot of other very cool people.

To those that didn't make it, I truly am sorry, I wont rub it in anymore, there will be more after hearing what Justin had to say. But I wanted to say thanks to all that came out and had a cupcake with Tyler Stout, Rob Jones, Todd Slater and Kevin Tong and enjoyed a cool movie and snatched up a very cool print of AKIRA.

And thank you to the Mondo Team, Lisa, Justin and the rest for keeping this super secret and not letting this get out of control or as Justin put it "a NO Black Friday at Walmart scramble". (Even Tyler threw me off the track of him being there by saying he never gets out of his house and one day he would like to meet his fans in recent emails)

Oh and MONDO and the Draft House PUNKED us all ! with making us think we where watching the MASK for the first 3 mins and Justin rolls up and says "You'all just got Punked !"

To all those in the standby line I was in my own world after I got into the theater, but I hope you all made it, I talked to who I could that I knew could at least try to help.

I had a blast and wont forget anyone I met last night.
this sounds like an amazing experience..i wish i pulled the trigger and bought the movie tickets. Always wanted to me Tyler. I talk to him on email from time to time. So humble and he is my favorite artist hands down.
rubberneck
Art God

ironjaiden wrote:
Flimby wrote:yeah i know
i think the whalens would be cool as a kids series
send them a frame and then they can switch out the same size prints every month or whatever

yes. i am an enabler.
In my son's room (he's 3) we've got a couple 24x36 and 18x24 frames on his walls. Once every couple of weeks he goes through the flat file (he's got his own drawer) and picks out "new" posters to display. His current favorites are Brad Klausen's TRON, Jay Ryan's Honey Badger and Alex Pardee's Basket Case (he calls Belial "Huggie Monster"). At one point he had Stout's Big Trouble in Little China up in there but he wanted to change it out because "the lady's fingernails were way too long". I score him all these totally age appropriate posters and print him one-offs of stuff he likes all the time but he goes nuts over the heavy hitters. Little monkey tried to tell me all my DRAN posters were going in his room because they have kids in them :)
That boy has got great taste! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Maybe next time he will pick your Shining print?
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
emac
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

^^^ Hahaha, I've been sigged! ;)
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:57 pm

emac wrote:^^^ Hahaha, I've been sigged! ;)
LOL, I found it oddly appropriate, since sometime I do sound like a little girl about JP. :oops:
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:01 pm

The power of quotes.
chisoxfan2424 wrote:I do sound like a little girl
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:The power of quotes.
Sig it.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 pm

That is taken out of context. :oops:
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:30 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:30 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:I like a little girl
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I find especially poignant the level of profits that will be derived from flipping this print from an event dedicated to a charitable donation :roll:. That is one reason I wish there was an online sale - more profits to Japan relief. Well, that and, selfishly, I'd have a shot at it :wink: . Can we be both selfish and charitable at the same time? Also, I vote KC for a MMM roadshow!
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm

MastaMonk wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Are you mad? I am your daughter.
49800900_543c14efd9_z.jpg
charter
Art Expert

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Ugh...I wish I would have gone just so that I can persuade Stout to do a JP print. :(