Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:07 pm

There is a big thing coming up in August :drool:

It isn't Star Trek or Back to the Future.
User avatar
retter
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 pm

something big is coming up. i can't say what or when it is, but yeah, you don't wanna miss it.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Simma down na.

Take a bottle of lunesta and August will be here in no time. :wink:
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15251
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:16 pm

seems quite a few folks have connections .... hmmmmm ....
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
mcnail
Art Expert
Posts: 3122
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Iowa

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:24 pm

There will probably never be a Mondo subscription or print club, it just doesn't work out with the way we operate.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:25 pm

I would snatch up a Mondo print club sub in a second. A Dan and Mondo sub...I would be set for life.
pewter14 wrote:seems quite a few folks have connections .... hmmmmm ....
Internet connections...I mean literally, the internet. 8)
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I was hoping to see a Predator poster to coincide with the release of Predators.
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Mondo has something big every month so why people get excited when I guess that something big is happening in August is hurlurious. I will also guess that something big is happening in July, September, October, November, and something Christmas-y in December.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15251
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

charter wrote:Mondo has something big every month so why people get excited when I guess that something big is happening in August is hurlurious. I will also guess that something big is happening in July, September, October, November, and something Christmas-y in December.
So you stir the pot, then you try and tell people to calm down. Makes sense.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 pm

I think Justin and Mitch do a good job at keeping things quiet. We hardly get info before the actual release apart from what they drop.

If my posts in here after that weren't seen as silly/sarcastic...then I do apologize. I do like to stir the pot though. I think this thread will be more theory/speculation, rumors as the thread states, more so than actual news.

I think the best weapon for finding out what they are dropping is by keeping a close eye on Alamo's website of events. That is how I figured out Evil Dead was coming...they had an Evil Dead event.
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7826
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm

charter wrote:I think the best weapon for finding out what they are dropping is by keeping a close eye on Alamo's website of events. That is how I figured out Evil Dead was coming...they had an Evil Dead event.
Then bring on The Blind Side! Er... I mean bring on the Flash Gordon!
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
Posts: 5328
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee

Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:I was hoping to see a Predator poster to coincide with the release of Predators.
Small town pizza lawyer
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9808
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:16 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:
charter wrote:I think the best weapon for finding out what they are dropping is by keeping a close eye on Alamo's website of events. That is how I figured out Evil Dead was coming...they had an Evil Dead event.
Then bring on The Blind Side! Er... I mean bring on the Flash Gordon!
Twilight comes out this month, aren't we all dying to get a Stout for Twilight? :drool:
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm sad that I don't live in Texas.
Hey Austin. Save this date...June 25th. Can't tell you what it's for yet, but we're having a party at the Mondo shop. You'll wanna attend.
Announcement and teaser Friday. You need to be at the party, that's for sure.
User avatar
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Glad to see people taking advantage of the thread.

As some folks have mentioned already, the Alamo calendar is a great place to find info for speculation.

In the next few months there are a few tantalizing events. Flash Gordon is one. I know there are some on the site who have been clamoring for a print for this for a while. I am one of them

There are also a number of Jaws events (including the aforementioned Floating Roadshow event) so I think that one is actually a pretty good chance of having a print attached.

But, in skimming the calendar, the one I am really keeping my finger crossed for is the Rolling Roadshow event in August - Ghostbusters. :drool:

As for the subscription, that's too bad if it will never happen. I still think there has got to be a better way to work the sales. Especially for people who buy 10-20 prints a year from them, the shipping does add up. Maybe a frequent buyer club, where shipping could be combined across multiple orders? Just spitballin' here.
Locked