Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

The NOTLD is great except for the CFTBL hand, as is the Evil Dead print. Lost the Moss ED on the double drop but snagging the Bertmer print was a nice consolation prize. I went and waaay over paid for the Moss ED the next day, $110, but figured it was worth it for such an iconic print. Now it's just at insane prices.

The Swamp Thing print is another gem, the variant is less garish, a more subtle brown and all the better for it,imo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jjdungca
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 am

This sounds like a really great show but like others, this is probably out my price range.

Also, this is unfortunate for me but once again I will not be able to attend. Damn my wife for making us move out of San Antonio to Indiana!
ImageImageImage
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am

rubberneck wrote:The NOTLD is great except for the CFTBL hand, as is the Evil Dead print. Lost the Moss ED on the double drop but snagging the Bertmer print was a nice consolation prize. I went and waaay over paid for the Moss ED the next day, $110, but figured it was worth it for such an iconic print. Now it's just at insane prices.

The Swamp Thing print is another gem, the variant is less garish, a more subtle brown and all the better for it,imo...
I have no idea what you are talking about. JFC.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:59 am

KNEEL13 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:The NOTLD is great except for the CFTBL hand, as is the Evil Dead print. Lost the Moss ED on the double drop but snagging the Bertmer print was a nice consolation prize. I went and waaay over paid for the Moss ED the next day, $110, but figured it was worth it for such an iconic print. Now it's just at insane prices.

I picked up on NOTLD (Night of the Living Dead) and CFTBL (Creature from the Black Lagoon) but I'm confused as to what this post is in reference to. Is this talking about the Gallery opening or just prints you would like to see there showing the process or something totally random?
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 pm

I hadn't noticed the CFTBL hand until getting it signed when Judith O'Dea asked me what it was doing there;)
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Decoded with pictures for KNEEL :P
KNEEL13 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:The NOTLD Image is great except for the CFTBL hand, as is the Evil Dead print. Lost the Moss ED Image on the double drop but snagging the Bertmer print Image was a nice consolation prize. I went and waaay over paid for the Moss ED the next day, $110, but figured it was worth it for such an iconic print. Now it's just at insane prices.

The Swamp Thing print Image is another gem, the variant is less garish Image, a more subtle brown and all the better for it,imo...
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Now I really know what you are talking about! :)

I really have no idea what people are talking about with acronyms. If I have to think about it more than a second I quit trying. Just type it out, especially if you refer to it only once in your post.

Am I the only one that can't figure them out? I guess I'm special. :silly:
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Nah, I'm just too damn immersed in this addiction... :hanging:

gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Acronyms are for the young kids Neil, you've missed that boat.
Same fudge, different drop.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Acronyms are for the young kids Neil, you've missed that boat.
Well, I am 42 now. Very old!

I know BFF (best friends forever) and WWGD (what would Gonzo do) though.
acappa
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm

The 'CFTBL' hand looks similar to the deadite hands from the ED print to me.

Anyone ever address that, or is that a reach?

And the hands on the Swamp Thing print too, now that I look at it.
selassielion
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:47 pm

I got that Bertmer signed by Romero himself at a horror con a few years back. He took one look at the poster and said "wow! This is cool, I've never seen this one...what the hell is that hand all about?"

True story.
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:12 pm

rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 pm

CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm

mattg wrote:Trailer for Officially Limited

http://www.slashfilm.com/officially-lim ... ollecting/
TStout is in that!
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.