Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Damn. Someone just listed a variant with a BIN of 800 and it sold within a few minutes of being listed :shock: What's the over/under on what the auction finishing in 3 and a half hours ends at?
Image Image
yesterday
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Can't wait for the 31st Anniversary

:shock:
Image Image
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:51 pm

dsanacore wrote:Damn. Someone just listed a variant with a BIN of 800 and it sold within a few minutes of being listed :shock: What's the over/under on what the auction finishing in 3 and a half hours ends at?
$800 is a decent price.
Last edited by kryptonite on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike123230
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Am I a bad person for wanting to set up a new account and list the Struzan F/T and ask for outlandish grails as my "first" post...

just to watch the world burn?

and/or to highlight the ridiculousness of some people's recent F/S threads

(preemptive edit, this isn't a shot against you Em)
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:02 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
I think we all have our own personal lists of who we think are "worthy" and "not so worthy". (Not insinuating that you aren't worthy.)
I get what youre insinuating there!! And here I was considering pullin my SW set off the wall for you!! ;)
Haha. We just haven't had much interaction. Didn't mean to offend. Let me know about that SW.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 pm

mike123230 wrote:Am I a bad person for wanting to set up a new account and list the Struzan F/T and ask for outlandish grails as my "first" post...

just to watch the world burn?

and/or to highlight the ridiculousness of some people's recent F/S threads

(preemptive edit, this isn't a shot against you Em)
New username mike123231
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:03 pm

rubberneck wrote:Being a decent person on here and in general dealings with others on the forum with no agenda in mind will reap its own rewards...
My comments are just pointing out that stating the hook up of "worthy" members makes it sound like theres an inner circle and if your not a part of that youre not one of the worthy ones. You have no idea of what I do or dont do for people and your comments being directed at me seem to imply that I am not one of the outstanding/worthy people and that Ive never done anything for the community and anything I may have done was with an agenda. I wasnt looking for an actual list, I was just pointing out how the use of those descriptions (worthy and outstanding members) makes it seem like there are people who deserve help and others who dont. So by default if you didnt get any PB help youre not as good as some other members. Which is fudge IMHO .. I try to treat everyone equally and if I can help someone out I will. Just because my good deeds arent broadcasted doent mean they dont exist.
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:07 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Being a decent person on here and in general dealings with others on the forum with no agenda in mind will reap its own rewards...
My comments are just pointing out that stating the hook up of "worthy" members makes it sound like theres an inner circle and if your not a part of that youre not one of the worthy ones. You have no idea of what I do or dont do for people and your comments being directed at me seem to imply that I am not one of the outstanding/worthy people and that Ive never done anything for the community and anything I may have done was with an agenda. I wasnt looking for an actual list, I was just pointing out how the use of those descriptions (worthy and outstanding members) makes it seem like there are people who deserve help and others who dont. So by default if you didnt get any PB help youre not as good as some other members. Which is fudge IMHO .. I try to treat everyone equally and if I can help someone out I will. Just because my good deeds arent broadcasted doent mean they dont exist.
I think a lot of it is random. Timing and relationships also help. For instance, I'd much more likely PB for someone I've talked to in the past rather than a stranger. Perhaps I'm slightly jaded by PBing for a couple randoms in the past and them acting like I was going to run with the money the whole time. One never even said thank you, which was odd :P
Last edited by kryptonite on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:08 pm

iambillyg wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
I think we all have our own personal lists of who we think are "worthy" and "not so worthy". (Not insinuating that you aren't worthy.)
I get what youre insinuating there!! And here I was considering pullin my SW set off the wall for you!! ;)
Haha. We just haven't had much interaction. Didn't mean to offend. Let me know about that SW.
Oh at the mention of a Stout SW set look whos my friend now !! ;) I kid .. I kid .. Im debating on letting the reg set go .. I have both the regs and the variants hanging on my wall at the moment. So it wouldnt sting as much letting them go.. I am a hoarder though I hate letting prints go sometimes!! :(
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:13 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:Oh at the mention of a Stout SW set look whos my friend now !! ;) I kid .. I kid .. Im debating on letting the reg set go .. I have both the regs and the variants hanging on my wall at the moment. So it wouldnt sting as much letting them go.. I am a hoarder though I hate letting prints go sometimes!! :(
LOL, we can make a trade and not be friends. :P

No animosity here. I understand people have differing views on how people should handle their prints (to hold for a certain amount of time before selling, what to sell for, etc.) IMO, once you buy the print, it's yours to do what you want with.

Most people know me as being a nice guy on here. Too nice sometimes. So again, I mean no animosity. Feel free to keep me posted. And if you don't wnat to, then that's fine too. Cheers.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:17 pm

I need to get into this "inner circle of worthiness" ... I always end up bribing my PBs to do my bidding :P
Image Image
charter
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 pm

I would like to thank my PB for nabbing a reg. He said no promises but he promised his heart.

I denied the reg and am waiting on his heart to arrive in the mail. I have a lot of blood that I need to pump out of my basement.
shivashakti
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Any GID pics surface yet?
technique
Art Expert

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:19 pm

All this PB talk reminds me of

1nkling
Site Admin

Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 pm

shivashakti wrote:Any GID pics surface yet?
Of the Struzan?

There were some quick snapped ones 10 pages back or so.. :D
My up to date trades and ISOs.