Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:15 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Took these really quickly so they're awful. Meh.

Hey Billy, do all of them have the white dots by the boy's feet? Is it due to the printing, or a camera artifact?

Also, the photos I've seen of Whalen's Nemo on ebay don't have any numbering from what I can see. I looked at photos in multiple listings. That can't be right, can it?

Did he sign all of them that were bought on Friday? Tom was there right?
I think all of them have the white dots. I've looked at about 7 different copies and they all seem to have them. Looks to have been a printing issue.
You got 7 copies? :shock:

Nice payday for you man :pint:
Employed a militia of hobos for this one.
charter
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Or it was designed that way to make it look old/distressed...like a lot of his work.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 pm

charter wrote:Or it was designed that way to make it look old/distressed...like a lot of his work.
This. Lots of his prints look like that in person.
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:33 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
charter wrote:Or it was designed that way to make it look old/distressed...like a lot of his work.
Yes a lot of his prints have had printing errors and that weird highlighting around text for some reason.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:33 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I assumed this as well but if you look at it, it does seem like a printing issue. Regardless, the print is still killer.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:34 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:
Hey Billy, do all of them have the white dots by the boy's feet? Is it due to the printing, or a camera artifact?

Also, the photos I've seen of Whalen's Nemo on ebay don't have any numbering from what I can see. I looked at photos in multiple listings. That can't be right, can it?

Did he sign all of them that were bought on Friday? Tom was there right?
I think all of them have the white dots. I've looked at about 7 different copies and they all seem to have them. Looks to have been a printing issue.
You got 7 copies? :shock:

Nice payday for you man :pint:
Thanks, I appreciate the hobo hookups Those guys were clutch :pint:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
Billycane696
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:45 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Just gonna assume that the answer is boring or logistical...given how many total prints were churned out, Disney approvals (we know Moss made revisions) affecting printer timetables, and Moss was possibly late since he wasn't even on the initial show card. Plenty of reasons, not like Mondo wouldn't have turned down an extra 200 prints worth of sales for no reason.
Tom told me mondo called him asking him if he could do some more after he had turned in incredibles, lion king and nemo. He said Aladdin is one he always wanted to do so he was happy to throw one more down with such short notice.
I then told him to shut up and sign my wood variant.
He cried.
Pretty interesting, I just hit him up on Twitter and got: "...actually "incredibles" was the print I absolutely had to do. but I had a great deal of fun with all of them."
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Awesome wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Yes a lot of his prints have had printing errors and that weird highlighting around text for some reason.
Odds are you're just talking about the color trapping done so there were no registration issues.
charter
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:52 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
I assumed this as well but if you look at it, it does seem like a printing issue. Regardless, the print is still killer.
If the dots are in the same places then it's not a printing issue.
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 pm

So Durieux's King Kong window poster was meant to have the booger? :lol:
tehhippy
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:13 pm

Another PCC Godzilla. http://yhoo.it/1g1w6j8
image.jpg
fitz
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:22 pm

^^ the earlier one was much better
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:24 pm

fitz wrote:^^ the earlier one was much better
Agreed. This one looks like it would/could/should be a litho to me.
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm

So Godzilla aside, I know the gallery's regularly closed on Mondays, but are they open today for SXSW? Cant find a number to call them, and cant find any info on twitter
Neo78956
Art Enthusiast

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:32 pm

DidYouSeeMeEscaping wrote:So Godzilla aside, I know the gallery's regularly closed on Mondays, but are they open today for SXSW? Cant find a number to call them, and cant find any info on twitter
I would like to know as well.