Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:35 am

SaintNoir wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Mista2x wrote:Yeah let's set sail to Team Back to the Future and sink the JP bandwagon that has taken over the thread!
We cant help that there is a Mondo series now, that we can come out of the cave of our Team JP thread. :wink:
Only on announcement and release days! ::pulls out broom and pokes Team JP back into their closet::

:lol:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
emac
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 am

charter wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Mista2x wrote:Yeah let's set sail to Team Back to the Future and sink the JP bandwagon that has taken over the thread!
We cant help that there is a Mondo series now, that we can come out of the cave of our Team JP thread. :wink:
HAHA I love it. We talk about JP In here and we are sent to our own little thread in the movies forum. Then, voila...Mondo does a JP series and we all migrate back in here. HAHAHAHA...poetic.
What are you talking about, "migrate back"? We stayed here, lurking, waiting for the right moment to pounce and say...
ha ha jp dork.jpg
;)
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:58 am

Team Quality Films will return with a vengeance once Ansin's Conan drops...then you will hear the lamentation of Team JP.
SteveFlack
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:01 pm

SteveFlack wrote:Well, that was unfortunate.

So, I got my Super Powers print from Sideshow. Let's just say they don't know how to package these things. The top of the tube was missing. When I opened it up, there's a consistent crease throughout the whole top of the piece, where it got crushed during the shipping. I've already written to Sideshow asking for a replacement. Hopefully, they can replace my piece. It was number 70/250.
Followup...

I used Sideshow's "Return/Exchange" form to file a complaint, with three photos of the damage on Friday. They got back to me today apologizing for the issue, and telling me that they had a replacement print reserved for me! They asked me to submit a photo of the damaged tube so they could file a claim with the delivery service (though I am wary if the crease was actually caused by the blown out end of the tube, rather than just a shoddy tube in the first place. The one they used was nowhere near the standards of the Mondo tube).

Hopefully this all works out.
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Any new info regarding the New Bev event on the 12th?

Someone on the board said something about LA getting a Drafthouse soon. I love LA but I hope this doesn't happen. I lived in Austin for a year from 05-06 and it seemed like I was at the drafthouse every other day. I love that place and so badly want to get back. Anyways the point of this was that I think it's a bad idea. The Drafthouse is an Austin thing and it should stay that way. IMO LA will ruin it.
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08 pm

stout interview on postershizzle
http://www.postershizzle.com/poster-shi ... ler-stout/

little teaser in there ... maybe ...

What are you currently working on ? Do you have any new projects you are looking forward to ?

Its probably a secret. and the things i’m looking forward to are probably secrets as well. but i will ask you this: do you like dinosaurs? lazers? time travel? do you use craigslist?
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:14 pm

dirkadirka wrote:Team Quality Films will return with a vengeance once Ansin's Conan drops...then you will hear the lamentation of Team JP.
I wouldnt have Conan being the flagship film of Team Quality. :lol:
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
charter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:16 pm

HAHA...Arnold's best movie is when he plays a robot with no emotions, the perfect role for his caliber of acting :D
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:17 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
Only on announcement and release days! ::pulls out broom and pokes Team JP back into their closet::

"Is it safe to come out of the thread?? "
"NO!! Not till JP drop day>."
:door:
Mista2x
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:20 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
SaintNoir wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:

"Is it safe to come out of the thread?? "
"NO!! Not till JP drop day>."
:door:

I hope they drop all the JPs tomorrow kinda like Captain America so we can move on...I want the Jp <3rz to have theirs, but it's time for team BttF sail into port EB.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:22 pm

SteveFlack wrote:Followup...

I used Sideshow's "Return/Exchange" form to file a complaint, with three photos of the damage on Friday. They got back to me today apologizing for the issue, and telling me that they had a replacement print reserved for me! They asked me to submit a photo of the damaged tube so they could file a claim with the delivery service (though I am wary if the crease was actually caused by the blown out end of the tube, rather than just a shoddy tube in the first place. The one they used was nowhere near the standards of the Mondo tube).

Hopefully this all works out.
Yikes. Nice to hear they're taking care of you though. Good luck! I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting an AP copy of this print directly from Whalen yesterday. Can't wait to see it in person!
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 pm

Mista2X start a Team Back to the Future thread, I will join.
fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

i'm hitching on to the BTTF wagon!
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Haha oh god no on the flagship film, that's Masta's call it's just good to get people talking again, guess people are waiting around for whatever announcement may come today. Assuming of course.
charter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm

BTTF already has a lot of prints. Do we really need a series???