Bikejoh
Art Expert

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Geof Darrow is great, can't see what he does for mondocon
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:37 pm

rubberneck wrote:
phantomforce wrote:forgot to mention I saw Mad Max Fury Road work print last week. Man, that would make one crazy Stout.
Rating to trilogy?

It's definitely it's own thing. I actually found it to be more like 2 and 3 combined and on steroids. Kind of gave me a video game vibe. The FX weren't included in yet and there was little gore and all the blood is cgi which will be added in later. I must admit it kind of looked like Man-Borg without the CGI. They still have about a year to complete and if they get the FX looking good and cut out a ton of cheesy redundant scenes it could really almost be an epic. Sadly, I get the feeling it'll be PG13 because the audience was 13-50. There is some pretty sick fudge though that I don't think should be in PG13 films though so we'll see. It was a hell of a ride. Tom Hardy definitely got some of Mel Gibsons mannerisms down but I don't think he can really compare. He still does that kind of grunt bane voice and is almost more of a prop in the film. There are some random flashbacks that allude to the previous trilogy but they make no sense. they should just let this be a stand alone film.

edit - the fx ARE in the movie, but they're very much a rough cut. some scenes still had green screen, some actors were still wearing key make up and stuff. but the vibe is there and theres just some incredible sequences. It also feels really long (2 hours) but without making you tired. Its kind of like being on a ride.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:43 pm

phantomforce wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
phantomforce wrote:forgot to mention I saw Mad Max Fury Road work print last week. Man, that would make one crazy Stout.
Rating to trilogy?

It's definitely it's own thing. I actually found it to be more like 2 and 3 combined and on steroids. Kind of gave me a video game vibe. The FX weren't included in yet and there was little gore and all the blood is cgi which will be added in later. I must admit it kind of looked like Man-Borg without the CGI. They still have about a year to complete and if they get the FX looking good and cut out a ton of cheesy redundant scenes it could really almost be an epic. Sadly, I get the feeling it'll be PG13 because the audience was 13-50. There is some pretty sick fudge though that I don't think should be in PG13 films though so we'll see. It was a hell of a ride. Tom Hardy definitely got some of Mel Gibsons mannerisms down but I don't think he can really compare. He still does that kind of grunt bane voice and is almost more of a prop in the film. There are some random flashbacks that allude to the previous trilogy but they make no sense. they should just let this be a stand alone film.

edit - the fx ARE in the movie, but they're very much a rough cut. some scenes still had green screen, some actors were still wearing key make up and stuff. but the vibe is there and theres just some incredible sequences. It also feels really long (2 hours) but without making you tired. Its kind of like being on a ride.
Thanks for detail. :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:46 pm

mfaith wrote:I love his comic art. I didn't see any mondo work from him in the db. Is this the first thing he's done for them?
Yes. He has some other cool stuff due out by end of year, not just from Mondo.
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
Nicodimas
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Fury Road should have an R rating...gives it that right vibe. So excited and thanks for the report as I know I am pysched to see this...
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm surprised you saw a cut that still had green screens. I thought this movie was test screened already, much earlier this year ... I'm naive to this process though.
monsterzerozero
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:14 pm

phantomforce wrote:I must admit it kind of looked like Man-Borg without the CGI.
Sold! I love Manborg!
tomdon wrote:Hello that is the triangle of power in Looney Tunes.
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:39 pm

I've honestly never seen a test screening like this either, except for a non color corrected proxy screening of Couples Retreat at the WB lot. In fact this looked like it was a low res proxy screening. It was still a lot of fun. And I thought Manborg was great as well lol

Also I think the test screening was more for story and actors. The film still felt unsure of what it wanted to be, not story wise, but in the choices of edits for actors and side plots. I think most of the crowd really liked Tom Hardy. I was a bit judgier, but I'm glad they are consistently testing this film a year prior to release. The producers and I believe I overheard George Miller was there and You could tell everyone involved really want this to be special. I have even higher hopes for the final thing. If this work print unfinished cut seemed like an even cooler post apocalyptic "Shoot Em Up", no doubt the final version will be even crazier and more fun and epic. Really stoked for the final outcome, and I don't think a Directors Cut way later down the line would be too out of the question.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Heh. Predator's showing sold out again. Wonder if it's legit this time. :o
So it goes...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:02 pm

mfaith wrote:Heh. Predator's showing sold out again. Wonder if it's legit this time. :o
Fuckkkkk!!!!!

ISO predator. If anyone has one to sell, pm me. I missed it :hanging:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:06 pm

i really reallyyyyyyyyyyyy hope they made the people who ordered them when they were trying to the gotg buy them

for the lulz
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:08 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
mfaith wrote:Heh. Predator's showing sold out again. Wonder if it's legit this time. :o
Fuckkkkk!!!!!

ISO predator. If anyone has one to sell, pm me. I missed it :hanging:
Can I pay you for the ride to the beer swap in chitty Mondo prints? I mean they will inflate faster than money you know.
tlaz
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:23 am

Would Mondo stop drymounting around and get Darrow to do an Akira already!
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:37 am

tlaz wrote:Would Mondo stop drymounting around and get Darrow to do an Akira already!
No property would be more fitting for any artist.
lujborg
Art Expert

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:40 am

Kramerica wrote:
binky79 wrote:I was thinking maybe the Batman '66 regulars.
I thought they said those are being released at the Batman gallery show.
think they held back any variants for the show?
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)