Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:39 pm

finneganm wrote:It's a great poster for a perfect Mondo movie, and Bryan Lee O'Malley is on board. I'm frankly surprised at the lack of enthusiasm. Not a knock on Houston, but probably the only time I've ever wished I lived there (not that NJ is much of a destination state).
It fits the movie very well. Anyone that has seen it should love it. My main concern is that I'm downsizing and might not be able to fit what I have, let alone add more. :hanging:
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:42 pm

finneganm wrote:It's a great poster for a perfect Mondo movie, and Bryan Lee O'Malley is on board. I'm frankly surprised at the lack of enthusiasm. Not a knock on Houston, but probably the only time I've ever wished I lived there (not that NJ is much of a destination state).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
finneganm
Art Freak

zombiedictator wrote: It fits the movie very well. Anyone that has seen it should love it. My main concern is that I'm downsizing and might not be able to fit what I have, let alone add more. :hanging:
Embrace the devil
That's what she said
Jon1701
Art Expert

blog wrote:Poster is awesome, Movie is awesome. I'm not driving to Houston for it though.
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

finneganm wrote:
zombiedictator wrote: It fits the movie very well. Anyone that has seen it should love it. My main concern is that I'm downsizing and might not be able to fit what I have, let alone add more. :hanging:
Embrace the devil
VILE TEMPTER!
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

cool poster
Count
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Don't think I could hang a poster of Asian kids killing each other, but that's pretty much what the movie's about. For those making the trip, enjoy the show!
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 pm

The percentage of Mondo prints that I actually frame to what I own is miniscule. I'm an idiot, I know.
That's what she said
mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm

I think it's an awesome poster, but it (a) is O'Malley's take on the painting at the end of the movie basically, and (b) is a movie I watched last week. So in conclusion, I don't think I'll be changing my weekend plans to go to Austin for it. Bummed I'll be missing this event, but kind of relieved I don't have to explain to the wife why our weekend plans were changing for a movie/poster :)
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm

mike123230 wrote:I think it's an awesome poster, but it (a) is O'Malley's take on the painting at the end of the movie basically, and (b) is a movie I watched last week. So in conclusion, I don't think I'll be changing my weekend plans to go to Austin for it. Bummed I'll be missing this event, but kind of relieved I don't have to explain to the wife why our weekend plans were changing for a movie/poster :)
It's in Houston...

GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 pm

I think he means he isnt changing his plans to go to Austin, no matter what is going on in Houston.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
mike123230
Art Expert

rubberneck wrote:
mike123230 wrote:I think it's an awesome poster, but it (a) is O'Malley's take on the painting at the end of the movie basically, and (b) is a movie I watched last week. So in conclusion, I don't think I'll be changing my weekend plans to go to Austin for it. Bummed I'll be missing this event, but kind of relieved I don't have to explain to the wife why our weekend plans were changing for a movie/poster :)
It's in Houston...
I know...I was planning on making a trip to Austin that weekend...had been thinking about either turning my austin trip into a one day trip, or hitching a ride FROM austin to houston on saturday. Bummed to miss the event, but moreso to see people, but I know there will be a chance for that soon enough.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

I would make the drive if anyone covers both tickets and shipping cost. Other than that though, I'm cool with sitting this one out. :pint:

*Love that Bryan is now doing posters!
rubberneck
Art God

GatorsCanes wrote:I think he means he isnt changing his plans to go to Austin, no matter what is going on in Houston.
A comma makes all the difference...

mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:58 pm

rubberneck wrote:
GatorsCanes wrote:I think he means he isnt changing his plans to go to Austin, no matter what is going on in Houston.
A comma makes all the difference...
I think it was more my rather inappropriate use of a preposition to end a sentence.