Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
Celsius wrote:I've been told that I'm very beautiful and charming in-person and online.
No one has ever drymounting told you that. Ever.
People have told her shes a troll. But Cel takes that as a compliment I am sure
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:32 pm

emac wrote:Catching up on the thread: Has anyone wished ass cancer on WBYK yet? No?
Benelli's on vacation.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:35 pm

ryanfromindiana wrote:Image
:hanging:
There are some things you can't unsee.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
Celsius wrote:I've been told that I'm very beautiful and charming in-person and online.
No one has ever drymounting told you that. Ever.
People have told her shes a troll. But Cel takes that as a compliment I am sure
I drymounted a troll once...that's why I no longer drink vodka.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:38 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
emac wrote:Catching up on the thread: Has anyone wished ass cancer on WBYK yet? No?
Benelli's on vacation.
Or having a check up... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
charter
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:09 pm

rubberneck wrote:
warrocky wrote:Has anybody ever brought a mondo voucher. is it easier than paying with credit card on a drop?
Try searching the thread for 'gift card' and read what you find...
Haha the rants of people angry that they have an unused gift card after they miss is hilarious.
elmax1188
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 pm

iambillyg wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
omgkitty wrote:About the only time anyone talks about Tong in this thread, it's to argue over the fact of if he's an ass hole or not.
O? Is he really a prick?
No. He's really very sweet. Extremely humble, very funny, and a great artist.
I agree with the great artist part, but after reading this interview, http://www.e-junkie.info/2012/12/artist ... e-and.html, I find the rest hard to believe. He insults the interviewer's questions, refuses to answer some of them, and generally comes off as a pretentious tool. Maybe he was having a bad day.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm

elmax1188 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
omgkitty wrote:About the only time anyone talks about Tong in this thread, it's to argue over the fact of if he's an ass hole or not.
O? Is he really a prick?
I agree with the great artist part, but after reading this interview, http://www.e-junkie.info/2012/12/artist ... e-and.html, I find the rest hard to believe. He insults the interviewer's questions, refuses to answer some of them, and generally comes off as a pretentious tool. Maybe he was having a bad day.
Man I never read that until now. I definitely can see why you think he comes off as a tool. It's weird because I don't know very many people who absolutely hate talking about themselves, but it definitely seems like he does. It's like he says he hates half the questions he's asked, so why even do the interview? Of course people are going to ask those questions.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:34 pm

He asked me if he could personalize my Bride print when he signed it and then proceeded to talk to me for 15 minutes about art, the gallery show, and life in general. The whole while he actually seemed engaged and interested in the conversation.

What a dick.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
hellosir
Art Freak

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeah, an artist being honest, not wanting to answer a few cliche questions, and then proceeding to explain exactly why he doesn't want to answer them. What an asshole
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:46 pm

omgkitty wrote:
elmax1188 wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:[

O? Is he really a prick?
Man I never read that until now. I definitely can see why you think he comes off as a tool. It's weird because I don't know very many people who absolutely hate talking about themselves, but it definitely seems like he does. It's like he says he hates half the questions he's asked, so why even do the interview? Of course people are going to ask those questions.
Ha! first time I've read that interview and it cracks me up. I consider Kevin a friend, he crashes at my place when he's in SD and I crash at his when I need a place in LA. I can hear Kevin's voice in all of those answers. To read it, it may seem as if he is arrogant or self important. Have you ever sent a text that was misunderstood? I can tell you, Kevin isn't a dick. He takes his work VERY seriously and he has a unique personality. He is very matter of fact, no bullshit, but never comes across as a dick, because he's just telling you how he feels. If you've met him and he rubbed you the wrong way, it was probably because he thought you were disrespecting his craft or he had a long day at the many shows he attends.
jmcguire
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Ha! first time I've read that interview and it cracks me up. I consider Kevin a friend, he crashes at my place when he's in SD and I crash at his when I need a place in LA. I can hear Kevin's voice in all of those answers. To read it, it may seem as if he is arrogant or self important. Have you ever sent a text that was misunderstood? I can tell you, Kevin isn't a dick. He takes his work VERY seriously and he has a unique personality. He is very matter of fact, no bullshit, but never comes across as a dick, because he's just telling you how he feels. If you've met him and he rubbed you the wrong way, it was probably because he thought you were disrespecting his craft or he had a long day at the many shows he attends.
Its all about context and how we take things. I have a very similar conversation where in a text message i send someone, they think I sound like a dick, and they put inflexion on what I sent them. I have a very dry sence of humor, and I dont know Kevin personally, but i am pretty sure he does as well. If you want to actually hear a interview of his, go here:

http://aidpodcast.libsyn.com/

episode 13 "Blow sunshine up their skirts" this will paint a better picture of what he is like imo.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Maybe some new Gremlins art this week?
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:36 pm

lol, kind of reminds me of how my co worker has a hard time understanding some emails. He will read them back to me with emphasis on certain words or phrases and ask me if it sounds like the customer is being rude in their email. I'll then read it again for myself and end up with a completely different tone or even meaning to the message. The brain is funny that way I suppose.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Tong once tried to roofie me.