Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm

^
^
hilarious

I think Ricky the Dragon Steamboat Willie was an exception. Iconic figure in Mickey, cool use of subtle colors etc
FlapJack
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

some sell posters for crack, others crack for posters

everyone has their vices :pint:
FlapJack
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

SteveKai wrote:^
I think Ricky the Dragon Steamboat Willie was an exception. Iconic figure in Mickey, cool use of subtle colors etc
Okay, okay, ... let's all stop talking about what a wonderful flip-tacular print Steamboat Willie is ... I still need to figure out how to get that a reasonable price!
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 pm

FlapJack wrote:
SteveKai wrote:^
Okay, okay, ... let's all stop talking about what a wonderful flip-tacular print Steamboat Willie is ... I still need to figure out how to get that a reasonable price!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:07 pm

mcnail wrote:This eBay fudge is getting insane. You try to keep prices reasonable and people fall over themselves to make $50 or whatever. Disheartening.
The end of the Star Wars run got 'em worked up into a regular hee-haw fest. It'll settle down once the donks realize they're spending the grocery money to make almost nothing and then they get hit up with hella eBay fees and wind up in the hole at the end of the month. Wives cancel credit cards over fudge like that.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:09 pm

What does a poor lady locking her keys in her car have to do with making money?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm

srdzevon wrote:What does a poor lady locking her keys in her car have to do with making money?
Actually she's lost and asking for directions...trying to find the local church i believe. 8)

MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm

The wife grabbed The Wise Little Hen piece at the store yesterday. She grabbed a matching number to our Steamboat Willie for the boy's room. Glad, cause I've been in class the last couple of drops.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:13 pm

rubberneck wrote:
srdzevon wrote:What does a poor lady locking her keys in her car have to do with making money?
Actually she's lost and asking for directions...trying to find the local church i believe. 8)
I didn't notice the window was down. that makes sense.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
karza
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:The wife grabbed The Wise Little Hen piece at the store yesterday. She grabbed a matching number to our Steamboat Willie for the boy's room. Glad, cause I've been in class the last couple of drops.
its cool that you were able to get matching numbers for your prints :clap:
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 pm

FlapJack wrote: Okay, okay, ... let's all stop talking about what a wonderful flip-tacular print Steamboat Willie is ... I still need to figure out how to get that a reasonable price!
Keep hanging in there and wait for the Sideshow variant release. I'm sure it will cost more than the regular did, but it will still be cheaper than buying from eBay. They announced the Sideshow partnership back in December, so I'm sure we will have to see their first poster release sooner rather than later at this point.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 4:22 pm

dylansdad wrote:
FlapJack wrote: Okay, okay, ... let's all stop talking about what a wonderful flip-tacular print Steamboat Willie is ... I still need to figure out how to get that a reasonable price!
Keep hanging in there and wait for the Sideshow variant release. I'm sure it will cost more than the regular did, but it will still be cheaper than buying from eBay. They announced the Sideshow partnership back in December, so I'm sure we will have to see their first poster release sooner rather than later at this point.
Thanks DD. Believe me I am, check everyweek ... just not sure what to expect when/if it ever does drop. That sideshow place really is a circus ... makes mondo look like a walk in the park! 8)
rubberneck
Art God

Thu May 05, 2011 4:23 pm

FlapJack wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
Thanks DD. Believe me I am, check everyweek ... just not sure what to expect when/if it ever does drop. That sideshow place really is a circus ... makes mondo look like a walk in the park! 8)
Since the regular was a metallic print, It makes me wonder what their 'variant' will be? :?

holycow
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 pm

SteveKai wrote:Out of curiosity, why all the hype behind the Thor poster? The poster isn't anything special, the actors aren't anyone of cult status, and from what I've heard the movie sucks. Not hating, to each their own, just wondering why all the hype behind this drop? Has mondo officially reached "doesn't matter what we release, it'll sell out" status? The Hen piece, I get it, it's cute and would look cool in a kid's room etc. But, I don't get the Thor piece at all.
not sure where you heard the movie sucks, but i've seen nothing but rave reviews from top critics. it's currently 86% at rottentomatoes. thor wasn't on my radar at all, but now i'm pretty excited to see it. the print, on the other hand, just isn't my cup of tea.
Shak13
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:The wife grabbed The Wise Little Hen piece at the store yesterday. She grabbed a matching number to our Steamboat Willie for the boy's room. Glad, cause I've been in class the last couple of drops.
Well Done!
When it all comes down to it, it's just paper.