Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
isunktheship
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 pm

actorinthisplay wrote:The only thing I think Mondo did a subpar job on were the TDKR prints. I still feel like they should have done so much more with that.
It's the print we deserve, but not the one we.. wait is he eating a sandwich?
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
Nos
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:01 pm

isunktheship wrote:
actorinthisplay wrote:The only thing I think Mondo did a subpar job on were the TDKR prints. I still feel like they should have done so much more with that.
It's the print we deserve, but not the one we.. wait is he eating a sandwich?
Cannot unsee!
ImageImageImage
Creation88
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 pm

i already started a list. i'm first in line. everyone please sign for tomorrow's red file.
Jon1701
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Creation88 wrote:i already started a list. i'm first in line. everyone please sign for tomorrow's red file.
second!
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
CrustaR
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Creation88 wrote:i already started a list. i'm first in line. everyone please sign for tomorrow's red file.
I call -1 in line.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
DocBrown
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Lukexxxi wrote:Not really what I was expecting, was more after something in the style of The Fortress Of Solitude.

But I have a feeling this may grow on me. Will try for the drop, but cant see me shelling out eBay prices if I miss.
Exactly. I am not feeling this at all. The Fortress print had an epic quality about it. I think if the T-rex, penny, etc. were a bit better but still. Nowhere near the Fortress print.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Iron Sky
Tuesday, August 28, 7:30pm - 9:23pm
in Austin, TX at Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek $10.00

http://www.tugg.com/events/1312#.UD0VsqCs0UW

Looks like a fun flick with a few beers...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:16 pm

rubberneck wrote:
I thought that too after seeing the trailers... when I finally saw it I found it excruciatingly awful. Imagine an inept hybrid of Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs and The Producers... Mel Brooks should get royalties.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:21 pm

dearmrecho wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
I thought that too after seeing the trailers... when I finally saw it I found it excruciatingly awful. Imagine an inept hybrid of Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs and The Producers... Mel Brooks should get royalties.
Wasted opportunity then...

Still want this film! :drool: :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
karza
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

dearmrecho wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

that's too bad Viktor Schauberger must be spinning in his grave
fnord
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

rubberneck wrote: Iron Sky
Tuesday, August 28, 7:30pm - 9:23pm
in Austin, TX at Alamo Drafthouse Lake Creek $10.00

http://www.tugg.com/events/1312#.UD0VsqCs0UW

Yeah that was a fun movie, and you are correct, beer and or herb is pretty much required.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
tomdon
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:37 pm

This batcave is perfect. It feels like Batman:TAS, which is the best batman ever seen on television. It just screams that show.
Celsius
Flipper

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

This is quoting Justin from back in November 2011:
Ishmael told CBR that while Mondo plans to release more of the DC Universe's panoramic location designs in the future, DC fans can also expect a plethora of different poster layouts looking forward. "I want to do Oa, I want to do the Batcave. The Batcave is going to be really cool, with all the trophy stuff, the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the penny and all the different suits and all the stuff that Batman's collected over the years," Ishmael said. "But we're going to straight poster posters. Kind of what we're doing with movies -- a poster, with titles and credit blocks. We're going to try to do that. If we do a 'Watchmen' poster, it'll be something like that. It'll kind of resemble a movie poster. We're not sure if we can do this, but the idea is to do a credit block using the creators [in the credits]."

And the ambitious plans don't stop there. A comic fan himself, Ishmael's list contains potential designs that are sure to appeal to comic fandom. "I want to get weird with it," he said. "If fans get into this and fans like it, I want to do stuff with Darkseid. I'm a huge [Jack] Kirby fan, so I'd love to do all the classic DC stuff. There's so much to play with over the whole history of it, it's going to be a crazy series. I would love to even get weird and do a poster with all the incarnations of Jimmy Olsen."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35591
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
actorinthisplay
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:00 pm

If anyone in the Austin area is going to the flat file thing tomorrow and wants to PB a Batcave for me, it would be very much appreciated.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Celsius wrote:This is quoting Justin from back in November 2011:
Ishmael told CBR that while Mondo plans to release more of the DC Universe's panoramic location designs in the future, DC fans can also expect a plethora of different poster layouts looking forward. "I want to do Oa, I want to do the Batcave. The Batcave is going to be really cool, with all the trophy stuff, the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the penny and all the different suits and all the stuff that Batman's collected over the years," Ishmael said. "But we're going to straight poster posters. Kind of what we're doing with movies -- a poster, with titles and credit blocks. We're going to try to do that. If we do a 'Watchmen' poster, it'll be something like that. It'll kind of resemble a movie poster. We're not sure if we can do this, but the idea is to do a credit block using the creators [in the credits]."

And the ambitious plans don't stop there. A comic fan himself, Ishmael's list contains potential designs that are sure to appeal to comic fandom. "I want to get weird with it," he said. "If fans get into this and fans like it, I want to do stuff with Darkseid. I'm a huge [Jack] Kirby fan, so I'd love to do all the classic DC stuff. There's so much to play with over the whole history of it, it's going to be a crazy series. I would love to even get weird and do a poster with all the incarnations of Jimmy Olsen."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=35591
http://www.slashfilm.com/mondo-teases-u ... comic-con/

Then he said they only had one more in the works so I dont know.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...