Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
sigma722
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am

iambillyg wrote:Really doubt the Ritz has the room to hold 360ish 4" tubes. I would much prefer to show up over-prepared, than under-prepared for this event.

Should be a fun event. Hope to see some familiar faces tonight.
The only event I've been to at the Ritz had a smaller poster run (Rashomon), and there still weren't tubes. Tubes are unlikely.
ImageImage
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:13 am

iambillyg wrote:Really doubt the Ritz has the room to hold 360ish 4" tubes. I would much prefer to show up over-prepared, than under-prepared for this event.

*"360ish" is based on the theater size and the fact that there are two screenings tonight. Do not assume that this means I know what the final edition size is, as I don't. Dumb that I feel the need to post this clarifying statement, but it's come to that, so..
:lol: at your sig
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:23 am

Good to see Austin getting more event love...its been literally days since the last fun Mondo thing.
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 am

jimmysleftbrain wrote:
blog wrote:
jimmysleftbrain wrote:Anybody doing Taxi Driver tomorrow? Any word on if prints will be tubed?
the word is no tubes
That's unfortunate. Anyone got an extra tube for my pb? Anyone wanna teach him how to roll?
Nope - I've done enough.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 am

RiotAct wrote:Nope - I've done enough.
:lol:
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 am

RiotAct wrote: :lol: at your sig
It's gotten to that point.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:42 am

Billy does do a lot. I saw him after the show the next day and he was just standing in front of the gallery like this:

rubberneck
Art God

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:45 am

Actually more like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
tehhippy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 am

Darkknight37 wrote:Billy does do a lot. I saw him after the show the next day and he was just standing in front of the gallery like this:

Fitting, because at the gallery on Friday, he was standing on the back bench shouting at Ken Preda-Taylor - COME ON! I'M HERE! KILL ME NOW! DO IT!
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 am

sigma722 wrote:

The only event I've been to at the Ritz had a smaller poster run (Rashomon), and there still weren't tubes. Tubes are unlikely.
The main difference here is that the Taxi Driver print is included in the price of the ticket. Generally, the screenings where this is the case (MMM, CITW preview, etc) included a tube since it is already accepted that you will be taking home a print. However, the majority of screenings are simply the base cost of the ticket and then you can choose to buy the print before or after the show (Summer of '82, Film Foundation, etc). Who knows what it will be tonight but it is true that the Ritz lobby space is awfully small to accommodate tons o' tubes.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:08 am

Vonschinkel wrote:
sigma722 wrote:

The main difference here is that the Taxi Driver print is included in the price of the ticket. Generally, the screenings where this is the case (MMM, CITW preview, etc) included a tube since it is already accepted that you will be taking home a print. However, the majority of screenings are simply the base cost of the ticket and then you can choose to buy the print before or after the show (Summer of '82, Film Foundation, etc). Who knows what it will be tonight but it is true that the Ritz lobby space is awfully small to accommodate tons o' tubes.
Yeah, Adventure Time didn't have tubes, just got the plastic bags... (and that one did include the print with the cost of the ticket)
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
sigma722
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 am

Vonschinkel wrote:
sigma722 wrote:

Good point. I'd like to see pics if they do bring tubes. That'll look funny.
ImageImage
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 am

Creation88 wrote:Horkey GoT this week?
Wasn't he.last week, hurr hurr hurr... :roll:
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Stupid newbie question: someone said that any leftovers from the Mondo Stout/Taylor show would be dropped online at some point, even that the variants that "sold out" at the show had some stock held back for a drop. Is this true or just a malicious rumor meant to break my heart?
Jon1701
Art Expert

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Nicodemus317 wrote:Stupid newbie question: someone said that any leftovers from the Mondo Stout/Taylor show would be dropped online at some point, even that the variants that "sold out" at the show had some stock held back for a drop. Is this true or just a malicious rumor meant to break my heart?

Anything sold out will not be online via mondo. Stout will have a lotto for his portion of all prints though.
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”