General art-related discussion.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Be Kind, Rewind!
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:40 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:It's mostly a horror movie thang. Lots of underground (horror) movies were never converted to DVD, Blu-Ray, digital, and VHS is the only format where they are available.
Probably not converted for a reason.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Equally one of my least favorite Gondry films and one of my favorite Jack Black films.
That's what she said
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

I once owed over a hundred dollars in late fees on Permanent Midnight, but was able to settle up with the video store by buying them a brand new copy for 15 bucks.
That's what she said
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm

finneganm wrote:Equally one of my least favorite Gondry films and one of my favorite Jack Black films.
Dont think I made it all the way through. :shock:

Really looking forward to Mood Indigo.
Jamilton
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:45 pm

Anybody hitting up the Bill & Ted's double feature on Sunday? I'm curious what Mondo will be bringing to the party.
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:50 pm

finneganm wrote:I once owed over a hundred dollars in late fees on Permanent Midnight, but was able to settle up with the video store by buying them a brand new copy for 15 bucks.
Haha that's awesome! On the one hand it seems like a fair trade, on the other hand if it was an in demand rental, then the late fees were justified to make up for the lost revenue from not having the tape on hand to rent out. Either way glad it worked out that way for ya.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Jamilton wrote:Anybody hitting up the Bill & Ted's double feature on Sunday? I'm curious what Mondo will be bringing to the party.
I'll be there. According to Alamo Twitter There'll be two new prints. One for each film.
So it goes...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:02 pm

binky79 wrote:
finneganm wrote:Equally one of my least favorite Gondry films and one of my favorite Jack Black films.
Dont think I made it all the way through. :shock:

Really looking forward to Mood Indigo.
Watching indigo tonight. I'm looking forward to it
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 pm

MatchsMalone wrote:
finneganm wrote:I once owed over a hundred dollars in late fees on Permanent Midnight, but was able to settle up with the video store by buying them a brand new copy for 15 bucks.
Haha that's awesome! On the one hand it seems like a fair trade, on the other hand if it was an in demand rental, then the late fees were justified to make up for the lost revenue from not having the tape on hand to rent out. Either way glad it worked out that way for ya.
Yeah, nobody wanted to watch that movie. I only owed the fee as I let a friend borrow it and I think it melted or something...
That's what she said
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:12 pm

RiotAct wrote:Be Kind, Rewind!
Hate that damn sticker. NO ONE rewinds. NO ONE.

Had 6 rewinder machines at blockbuster, always running. And if the manager caught a tape not rewound when someone was checking it out, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. lol such stupid fudge
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:29 pm

starkdesign wrote:
RiotAct wrote:Be Kind, Rewind!
Hate that damn sticker. NO ONE rewinds. NO ONE.

Had 6 rewinder machines at blockbuster, always running. And if the manager caught a tape not rewound when someone was checking it out, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. lol such stupid fudge
I used to rewind. It'd bug me if i didn't.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:47 pm

There were several video stores around my hometown and college where I flat out stopped renting because I owed late fees. Since most simply won't rent to you if you owe a late fee... I just stopped going to those spots.

Same thing goes for the local library. I have a few books from my senior year of college checked out for a research project. I forgot to return them. Never got around to it. Just stopped going to the library altogether ;) While I'm sure there's like a max fee of $10 or you know, those penalty free days where you can take your late books back without getting charged...I was just too ashamed :P

Also...I would always rewind. Common courtesy!
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 pm

mfaith wrote:
Jamilton wrote:Anybody hitting up the Bill & Ted's double feature on Sunday? I'm curious what Mondo will be bringing to the party.
I'll be there. According to Alamo Twitter There'll be two new prints. One for each film.
The first thing that popped into my mind was I'd really like to see Rockin' Jelly Bean or Paul Feig's take on this.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Rich Kelly for bill and ted. I'd like to see it.