Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:24 am

It'd be nice to see some more Englert in the mondo thread. Posters that is... Though you can post some more too, Mark.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:21 am

toobs, that wall looks badass. Chaotic? A tid bit, but that's what makes it awesome. :clap:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:00 am

Just as much a Tarantino wall as it is a Mondo wall :D envious of that Inglourious Basterds print :drool:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 am

I see Das Boot variant finally sold out. Das Boot Reg and both Children of Men are still available.
So it goes...
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Today is the 25th anniversary of Batman (1989). I wore out the VHS of this when I was a kid and it will always be my favorite Batman movie. Wishful thinking, but would love to see a poster, or even better a new soundtrack release on vinyl!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:Today is the 25th anniversary of Batman (1989). I wore out the VHS of this when I was a kid and it will always be my favorite Batman movie. Wishful thinking, but would love to see a poster, or even better a new soundtrack release on vinyl!
This has been a wish of mine since Mondo starting releasing vinyl. Would love a double LP with the Elfman score and Prince tracks and the movie definitely needs a good print.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:Today is the 25th anniversary of Batman (1989). I wore out the VHS of this when I was a kid and it will always be my favorite Batman movie. Wishful thinking, but would love to see a poster, or even better a new soundtrack release on vinyl!
This has been a wish of mine since Mondo starting releasing vinyl. Would love a double LP with the Elfman score and Prince tracks and the movie definitely needs a good print.
Michael Keaton rules. I actually just finished the novelization for it last week. There's always this though, which i know it's not Mondo, but it's still a great drymountin poster.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:43 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
Michael Keaton rules. I actually just finished the novelization for it last week. There's always this though, which i know it's not Mondo, but it's still a great drymountin poster.
That's an art print, not a movie poster.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Kramerica wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
That's an art print, not a movie poster.
Well yeah, but still. It's awesome nonetheless.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:58 pm

On-sale tomorrow: Cards of Death VHS
https://t.e2ma.net/message/l7w9g/hcevfj
So it goes...
PrestigeWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:09 pm

I think I learned absolutely nothing from that trailer.
charter
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Still 100% do not understand why they sell VHS or who buys them. Then again I still use a bag phone.
PrestigeWorldWide
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:25 pm

charter wrote:Still 100% do not understand why they sell VHS or who buys them. Then again I still use a bag phone.
Haha well I have bought the last few and while I agree its mostly a gimmick, it's still fun to bust out the old VHS player now and then to throw on a crappy movie. It's something about the horrible video quality I guess. This one just is too much for me, I'll be passing tomorrow.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:27 pm

It's mostly a horror movie thang. Lots of underground (horror) movies were never converted to DVD, Blu-Ray, digital, and VHS is the only format where they are available.
jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:31 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:It's mostly a hipster thang.
FIFY
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."