Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:59 am

c0bbz wrote:
Particle wrote:Jock's Pan's Labrynth is Mondo's best output from SDCC this year, in my opinion.
And it's not even close.
Beat me to it C. :clap:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:01 am

I used to like raccoons until I bought a house and they had a field day with my trash every night. Had to spend $200 on industrial garbage cans to keep them out.

Back on topic, I'm skeptical with Bradley Cooper being the voice, but I also thought Seth Rogen wouldn't work as 'Paul' and was pleasantly surprised after that film.
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 am

Particle wrote:Jock's Pan's Labrynth is Mondo's best output from SDCC this year, in my opinion.
It's pretty good, I thought they had a really solid showing this year, the Kilian Eng prints are amazing stunners in person, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it due to subject matter.

I also would like to say people that PB at SDCC are nuts, ( I do it, I think most of the people that goto SDCC do it) everyday it's miles our walking with bags and tubes covering your body if u r trying score loot and PB for people. Everyone around these parts need a reminder that this is not jus sitting in line for 8~12 hours while drinking beers, eating bbq and strolling around ho-hum (not to mention it's not FREE! ). It's a costly war vs hundreds of thousands and nothing is a guarantee, so think about that when the time comes again to ask for a PB at SDCC
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:08 am

toobs wrote:
It's pretty good, I thought they had a really solid showing this year, the Kilian Eng prints are amazing stunners in person, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it due to subject matter.

I also would like to say people that PB at SDCC are nuts, ( I do it, I think most of the people that goto SDCC do it) everyday it's miles our walking with bags and tubes covering your body if u r trying score loot and PB for people. Everyone around these parts need a reminder that this is not jus sitting in line for 8~12 hours while drinking beers, eating bbq and strolling around ho-hum (not to mention it's not FREE! ). It's a costly war vs hundreds of thousands and nothing is a guarantee, so think about that when the time comes again to ask for a PB at SDCC
People often dedicate a lot of their time helping PB at many different events across the country. If you're not willing to do your part when an in demand event hits your area, then you shouldn't expect others to help you at times when you can't attend an event in another city. Scratching each other's backs
Last edited by Timbrh2001 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian2013
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:09 am

cmatthews11 wrote:I used to like raccoons until I bought a house and they had a field day with my trash every night. Had to spend $200 on industrial garbage cans to keep them out.

Back on topic, I'm skeptical with Bradley Cooper being the voice, but I also thought Seth Rogen wouldn't work as 'Paul' and was pleasantly surprised after that film.

According to all the reviews, Rocket is drymounting amazing. Bradley Cooper bring him into the movie as a serious character.
Last edited by Brian2013 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:09 am

SDCC PB > Jesus on the cross.
That's what she said
Brian2013
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 am

finneganm wrote:SDCC PB > Jesus on the cross.
wtf ever lol!
by Codeblue

But he LOVES the show Big Brother, and premixed margaritas in foil packs.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:14 am

toobs wrote:I also would like to say people that PB at SDCC are nuts, ( I do it, I think most of the people that goto SDCC do it) everyday it's miles our walking with bags and tubes covering your body if u r trying score loot and PB for people. Everyone around these parts need a reminder that this is not jus sitting in line for 8~12 hours while drinking beers, eating bbq and strolling around ho-hum (not to mention it's not FREE! ). It's a costly war vs hundreds of thousands and nothing is a guarantee, so think about that when the time comes again to ask for a PB at SDCC
lol. more than enough cash is going to be made from pb charges and ebay flips to compensate you for all your walking and all the expenses that go along with sdcc
jzingale
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am

Brian2013 wrote:
cmatthews11 wrote:I used to like raccoons until I bought a house and they had a field day with my trash every night. Had to spend $200 on industrial garbage cans to keep them out.

According to all the reviews, Rocket is drymounting amazing. Bradley Cooper bring him into the movie as a serious character.
Yeah, Cooper kills it as Rocket. He's the best character in the film.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:
+1
I third this.
finneganm wrote:SDCC PB > Jesus on the cross.
Lulz. :pint:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Particle
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

I just watched a better trailer for GotG and it doesn't look to bad actually. Can't wait for it's NetFlix release date that's fo sho
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

jzingale wrote:
Brian2013 wrote:

Yeah, Cooper kills it as Rocket. He's the best character in the film.
Rumour has it that he preferred it to actually having to be Bradley Cooper.

UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:50 am

Particle wrote:I just watched a better trailer for GotG and it doesn't look to bad actually. Can't wait for it's NetFlix release date that's fo sho
That's what i'm sayin! Well, if i ever do see it, that'll be why anyways lol.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Sickens me that all these folks that call themselves Movie "Fans" are reacting this way to Guardians, it's getting pretty great reviews, looks just as good as any other Marvel movie to date and with any shred of decency, you should go see it, just to dethrone the utter crapfest that is TF4. BTW GoTG is sitting at 96% fresh with 28 reviews.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Anybody else having issues accessing their account on the Mondo site?
So it goes...